:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

Originally Posted by swmlon

Just a general question, on every shoe I wear, after about 4-5 wearings i noticed around the heel area of the shoes they are small parts left over from the socks I have work. How do I avoid this from happening? Or is there no way of stopping this? I initially thought this happened because I weat my shoes loose and there is a lot of rubbing of my heel and the back of the shoe. But I have work shoes tied up tight and this still occurs.

Any thoughts?
wear different socks if you don't want sock nap....you can wear dri-fit socks or dress sock material that wont leave lent
get what is called a sweater shaver.  just shave the little balls off

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

For the stain on the Space Jams, what is that on it ?  I'm not sure about that maybe try the Mr clean magic eraser.

I don't know if that is glue or what it is, but I have the same dark stain on mine which are ds.

For the stain on the Space Jams, what is that on it ?  I'm not sure about that maybe try the Mr clean magic eraser.
i have no idea. i got them ds and i tried the magic eraser. still the same

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

FriscoSoLE09 wrote:
Will seaglow work at least a little on a sort of a cloudy day? (slightly)

Thats just a wast of seaglow, wait until its nice and sunny.

Alright cool thanks for the suggestion

Actually it works great on overcast days.........you are not after sunshine you are after UV's and there are plenty on overcast days.  Ever been to the beach on overcast days and left with a sunburn?

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

Originally Posted by Timetravelinn

Originally Posted by swmlon

Just a general question, on every shoe I wear, after about 4-5 wearings i noticed around the heel area of the shoes they are small parts left over from the socks I have work. How do I avoid this from happening? Or is there no way of stopping this? I initially thought this happened because I weat my shoes loose and there is a lot of rubbing of my heel and the back of the shoe. But I have work shoes tied up tight and this still occurs.

Any thoughts?
wear different socks if you don't want sock nap....you can wear dri-fit socks or dress sock material that wont leave lent
get what is called a sweater shaver.  just shave the little balls off

Any electric razor will work as well..........in fact I have used a regular razor to remove them (not as effective as electric and you have to be careful not to cut fabric).

dcheek20 wrote:
FriscoSoLE09 wrote:

FriscoSoLE09 wrote:

Actually it works great on overcast days.........you are not after sunshine you are after UV's and there are plenty on overcast days.  Ever been to the beach on overcast days and left with a sunburn?
Yea I see what your saying, Im going off my experience with Seaglow I get better results when its a bright sunny day. And sunshine is where the UV's come from so the more sunshine the more UV's and better results. I'm not saying it wont work but it will take a lot longer and more Seaglow.  And yes Ive gotten a sun burn on a overcast day but the sun burn I got on a bright sunny day was a lot worse.
wink.gif

Fellas, just started wearing my og royal foamposites, and noticed the cf/sole next to it is starting to detach a little bit! What is the best glue for foamposites? The cf and material is stiff/thick so I can't imagine it holding too well! And do I sitthere and bold it in place after applying the glue or?

Thanks

Originally Posted by 617collector

What would you guys suggest for yellow pods on XIII's? Should i sand paper them and repaint them?

There is a method using a product called plus white for your teeth that has been yielding some amazing results on ISS.  Brush it on with a paint brush and let sit overnight and rinse it off and you should be good to go, btw this works on all rubber/foam white midsoles.  Here is a pic of the product used 

dcheek20 wrote:
FriscoSoLE09 wrote:

FriscoSoLE09 wrote:

Yea I see what your saying, Im going off my experience with Seaglow I get better results when its a bright sunny day. And sunshine is where the UV's come from so the more sunshine the more UV's and better results. I'm not saying it wont work but it will take a lot longer and more Seaglow.  And yes Ive gotten a sun burn on a overcast day but the sun burn I got on a bright sunny day was a lot worse.
wink.gif

Yeah I agree you do get better results on sunny days, but you also get more heat which is never good when seaglowing!  I guess its a preference thing, I very rarely ever seaglow outside anymore b/c of the seperation issues that come along with it, but if you get good results thats all that matters.  And FYI the worst I have EVER gotten burnt was on an overcast day at the beach.......I guess b/c I figured since the sun was not beaming down on me I would be good to go.............BAD idea!

Originally Posted by DimSum9

anyone know what kind of paint I can use on patent leather?
Patent leather is different then regular leather. Even if you paint patent leather it will chip and break off.

I have a pair of SpaceJams with sole separation, can anyone point me in the right direction to the best glue to get the job done right? ShoeGoo, Gorilla Glue? And how do I go about applying the glue?? Tips, tricks??? Shoes are in excellent condition and with the right glue and some sea glow they'd be more of a steal after picking them up for $125 off of NT a couple of months ago, can anyone let me know if its an investment or am I just wasting my time? Hope to hear from you guys soon! Need Help!!!

cb636b5b424dce014dea94e54bdc10aaba0da1bb.jpg
bc0364284074c8f74eee959143f11565a445495c.jpg
4b426da4d8ce84959034f81e109c47be2b7adfd5.jpg
1da16945c94f984516e00b3c489ec7a602bea853.jpg

Thanks in advance!!!

http://diaztwenty3.niketalk.yuku.com/]diazTWENTY3[/url]   Nice pickup on those Space Jams, the sole cumming off is not a big deal at all. ShoeGoo, Gorilla Glue will both work for this. Just make sure you clamp them down good when you glue them.You should Seaglow them before you reglue  because Sea glow will eat at the glue, or if both soles are cumming off you might want to try to take them off completely  and really work the Seaglow in from both sides. when you get the soles as clear as you can then glue them back on. And wait a couple days before you wear them so the glue can dry.Good luck.

Great thanks for the help! I will mos def try ur methods, also just wondering how would i go about clamping them down and with what? rubberbands?

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Originally Posted by DimSum9

anyone know what kind of paint I can use on patent leather?
Patent leather is different then regular leather. Even if you paint patent leather it will chip and break off.

thx for the info

what stores carry shoe goo or gorilla glue?

A few months ago I picked up some OG low XIVs. Ive been wearing them a little bit but gradually I've noticed the tabs on the sides are coming up:

It looks a lot worse when the shoes are on and every time I put weight on my toes. I was going to just put some glue under them, then wrap a rubber band around the tabs to keep them down while the glue dries. Is that a good idea? And what kind of glue should I use?

Also, there are some pretty obvious creases on the toebox. What can I do to fix those?

^^^^Gorilla glue high impact works good for small fixes like this, and yeah clamping it down with rubber band or shoe strings should do the trick^^^

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Fellas, just started wearing my og royal foamposites, and noticed the cf/sole next to it is starting to detach a little bit! What is the best glue for foamposites? The cf and material is stiff/thick so I can't imagine it holding too well! And do I sitthere and bold it in place after applying the glue or?

Thanks

Any info guy's? Best way to go about applying and which glue to use for foamposites?

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Thanks

Any info guy's? Best way to go about applying and which glue to use for foamposites?

Hey everyone,

Can you guys please help me with this spot on my University Blue/Black XIVs.  It's absolutely driving me crazy!  What can I do?  The pics are below.  Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom