:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by lilcoladez

Any suggestions to clean the suede on the hare vii's.

i used BLUE CORAL but be carefull not to over scrub the suede. then i used a blow dryer to dry them off. also works good on the sole.

yungsmoke82 wrote:
i know this is the Jordan forum, but how i get my foamposites to stop making that squeaky noise? I only worn them about 5 or 6 times

take out the inner sole and place baby powder. enough were its all white inside then shake the shoe. place the inner sole back and wear them for a couple of hours and it should stop.

I think this is a common problem with 4's in general. I got some 4's for my gf and there's some yellowing around the midsole rubber part. Not the actual foam.. Please if there's any solutions out there just pm me. Thanks a ton!

Originally Posted by shortyoscart

I just got some flint 7's and want to know what can I use for the suede and how to make the front of the shoe white because it is yellowed?

this...anyone know what to clean the front with?

Anybody out there know where I can get some Sea Glow in LA. I was customizing my VIs and slipped up and messed up the icy soles.

Please help.

Thanks.

soo i got these from a friend, can this be fixed??

any help appreciated!

thanks
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Originally Posted by DeewLay

i've read through the first 20 pages, and didn't see what i was looking for....so.....wanted to see if anyone can offer some help....

i have a pr of white/white uptowns....but the midsole has turned yellow.  what can i do to make them white again? 

thanks in advance!
Peep this thread:
 http://
http://niketalk.yuku.com/reply/9156461/YELLOWED-MIDSOLES-on-AF1s-any-advice-pls

In a nutshell, lemme quote 1 of the posts:

Originally Posted by Zach13g

wink.gif
check the sneaker showcase restoration post.

you can get this at Walgreen's or even on ebay. ($7-
glasses.gif

34gorhx.jpg
good lookin' out.  i used the plus white for 5 days straight - applying it on with a toothbrush, leaving it on for 24 hrs, then rinsing it off with water, and reapplying.  unfortunately, my af1s never made it to that shade of white...

Originally Posted by crutches252

Took my chrome II's out the box and saw this. Whats the best way to go about fixing these?

I you're reffering to the sole seperation, try ShoeGoo or a glue with some type of Polyurethane.. If you can't do it, take them to a local shoe shop

Originally Posted by JermLacedUp

Originally Posted by kwong819

any help appreciated!

thanks
eyes.gif

Try some Windex, it worked for mine.. I used Windex and a Micro-Fiber cloth
Never use windex on patent leather. Use some furniture polish. 

Originally Posted by AEA18

any help appreciated!

thanks
eyes.gif

Never use windex on patent leather. Use some furniture polish.�

so i tried alcohol wipes, lotion, aveeno face lotion, waxing compound and they still look the same, ill have to see if i can find some furniture polish, if i cant find any do you have a specific brand or type i should get?

thanks for the advice guys

so i tried alcohol wipes, lotion, aveeno face lotion, waxing compound and they still look the same, ill have to see if i can find some furniture polish, if i cant find any do you have a specific brand or type i should get?

thanks for the advice guys
I think the dude in the video said pledge

Any tips on cleaning the white leather ankle area for air jordan v fire red. that area has become yellowish through the years.

Originally Posted by smoove

Anybody out there know where I can get some Sea Glow in LA. I was customizing my VIs and slipped up and messed up the icy soles.

Please help.

Thanks.
eBay is your friend

Anyone know if it's safe to put Flint Grey 12's in the washer? Also, any ways to get rid of odor? I do a lot of buying and selling on here and my shoes don't always smell the best.  I tried baking soda but I haven't had much success.

I have a few other pairs with similar leather uppers (II's, III's, IV's etc..) but was always wondering how angelus looks/works on uppers? i've repainted midsoles but in this case it's for a pair of XX's, they're not too bad but paint is gone from the velcro and wear. Any pictures of painted uppers would be appreciated, here's a pic for reference.

any help appreciated!

thanks
eyes.gif

Buddy, the plastic layer on the PL is MOST LIKELY totally scraped off.  Without having it in my hands its hard to tell whether or not there's still some plastic left.  If the plastic is all wiped off, there's nothing you can do to help it; polishing will only thin the layers around the scuff.  If there's still a decent amount of plastic left you MIGHT be able to buff out some of the scuff.

Be warned, if the plastic layer is totally thinned out buffing it out will $#%+ up the leather even further.  Don't use windex, don't use chemicals (Beside plastic polishes). Use your best judgment.

my walgreens was having buy 1 get 1 free on the plus white teeth whitening gel, just letting you guys know so incase u guys have a bunch of shoes that needed to be whitened..

Does scrubbing water & dishwater soap work out cleaning up the soles of XI's? I dont have seaglow. I know theyre vulnerable to moisture but couldn't you pat them down dry?

I use bar soap and a sponge on clear bottoms. I use pressured air to dry them quickly. This will only clean them and prevent yellowing as much that is possible.

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/img1208d.jpg/

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/img1209ki.jpg/

any help appreciated!

thanks
eyes.gif

Why not its fake patent anyways!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
 throw the shoe in the trash where it belongs
smokin.gif

This is just misc information, but maybe some of you may have wondered the same thing in the past.
Today I opened up a [new] package of Sea Glow that Ive had for nearly 4yrs. Of course my first curiosity was; does this still work? Well I just got off the phone with the inventor/creator/producer of Sea Glow and he said it would work just fine. He said the liquid does turn green though, well actually it turns yellow---but because of the natural blue color the liquid has new, and the yellow color that the liquid gets over time the result is a greenish tint. Anyway, he said it would work just fine but you might have to use more of the solution to get the results wanted. But he did say that the shelf life of it is several years...

Now im off to Sea Glow my Foams...

So I have a lot of shoes with icy soles, and I really would like to have some sea glow on hand before they start to yellow. Does anyone know where I could get a 16oz bottle. ( I'm not trying to pay $60 for some cleaner that I MIGHT eventually need)

Back
Top Bottom