:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

The black/metallic silver ones. 

2moro6a.jpg

140yp3d.jpg

how hard were you pushing? This shouldn't happen unless they're older shoes and the midsole is crumbling...
I didn't think I was pushing that hard. They are the 2006 versions and size 7. It doesnt really matter because they are the first shoes I am trying to restore so mistakes are bound to happen. But I tried again with some nail polish remover and I'm gonna see how that works until I get some acetone.

How should I clean the upper to make it more shiny-er? And reduce yellowing on the netting?

Whhatt.. the 07 metallic 5's shouldnt even concave like that! Thats weird.. As long as you paint it all black promptly, no one is going to notice. 

Whhatt.. the 07 metallic 5's shouldnt even concave like that! Thats weird.. As long as you paint it all black promptly, no one is going to notice. 
I'll post an update after I remove all the paint and get a chance to go the store and pick up some paint

its like of like a dense styrofoam material i believe, im not sure alcohol would be good on that

can someone post the page on the thread on how to clear xi soles?much appreciated

TO TREAT SYNTHETIC RUBBER WHITE/CLEAR SOLES PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:\n

\n1. Replace shipping cap with the "flip top" dispensing cap to control spills and product wastage.\n

\n2. Apply to the area being treated and spread over surface with paper towel-BUT AVOID GLUED SEAMS! (If product comes in contact with seams wipe off immediately\nwith water wetted paper towel.)\n

\n3. Use the scuff pad to work product into the surface. Then remove any surface oxidation (yellow in color) with paper towel soaked in more SEA GLOW? ( this\n"draws up" oxidation and stains into paper towel).\n

\n4. Place the shoes so that daylight or (even better) bright sunlight can reach the soles and react with the flourescing agent in SEA GLOW? - this is what\nneutralizes the deep seated yellowing.\n

\n5. Most of the yellowing is deeper down in the synthetic rubber and the SEA GLOW? has to soak down into these areas in order to neutralize the yellowing. In\nbad cases, one may have to soak for an hour or more with SEA GLOW?, ideally in bright sunlight.\n

\n6. AT THE END, ALWAYS REMOVE AND NEUTRALIZE THE SEA GLOW? REMAINING ON THE SURFACE BY WIPING OVER WITH WATER-WETTED PAPER TOWEL - WIPE DRY. IF SEA GLOW? DRIES\nON THE SURFACE, REMOVE WITH SOME FRESH PRODUCT AND THEN DEACTIVATE WITH WATER AND WIPE DRY.\n

(From the 1st page of the thread. This is about sea glow. Ask johnandrew about retrobrite, or google it)

Has anyone on here ever successfully done a tag swap? (i.e. Jordan 1)
No but I've done something similar with the mesh with the jordan XI. I restitched the frayed mesh. I'm looking at a pair of air force 1's and they don't look any different. 

whats the best way to keep soles like the SOL hyperposites clean? I know the icey soles seem to soak up dirt pretty quickly and wondering if just using the jason markk will clean them off

This release has inspired me to go ahead and fix these finally. I'm sure the product I should use has been posted before, but if anyone would like to reply so I don't have to hunt (if it's not on the first page), that would be much appreciated.

Also, I was kind of waiting to see if the whole thing would fall eventually, but it hasn't happened. I don't want to do anymore than I have to so I think I should just do the part that has come apart; opposed to my original notion of somehow removing the whole thing. This was the other shoe, as I was walking in them no less:

Also, cleaning glue from the white midsole, how?

Last edited:
FOR CLEANING SUEDE: use MINERAL OIL ( Unscented version of baby oil) or use baby oil which mineral oil w/ added fragrance ?? No one seems to say use mineral oil so I'm just curious .

Back
Top Bottom