:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone have a clue how to clean the Lebron 9 china orange laces? There is dirt all over them but I am hesitant to do any major cleaning b/c I do not want to dilute the bright orange color of the laces. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Get a bar of any white soap. Place laces in your hands/with soap and wash your hands. Easy and effective, rinse with cold water, thoroughly. 

Anyone have a clue how to clean the Lebron 9 china orange laces? There is dirt all over them but I am hesitant to do any major cleaning b/c I do not want to dilute the bright orange color of the laces. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Get a bottle and fill it up with warm water and laundry detergent. Shake it up for about 5 minutes. Take them out let them dry and there you go. Just don't use bleach
QFT

I did this to olympic 7's laces with gold aglets... Came out WHITE AF(laces, not aglet). Might have a few stains but nothing a toothbrush won't remove. I left it overnight and shook it every 30 minutes for the first 3 hrs. The next day a layer of dirt and grime was on the bottom of the bottle underneath the laces. 
glasses.gif

Last edited:
HELP!!!!! I got white paint on my aqau 8s what vould I do to fix or remove the paint will post a pic of them

Last edited:
Ok guys so I need a little help.  I have a pair of Black Cement 3's and the elephant print is all jacked up.  To make a long story short, I think I got swindled for a pair of B-Grades that I bought from some guy who said they were legit.  Regardless, the Elephant print was messed up from the beginning and I thought I could try to touch it up and repaint it.  In the end, they just look like crap now and I need to know if anybody can refer to me someone who does restorations.

If you know of anybody or you personally can offer this service (to fix the elephant print on my shoes) then I will gladly pay you for your time and send you the shoes.

Hit me up on here with a PM or just respond in this thread if you know any people currently who specialize in Jordan restorations.

Thanks NT.
Look up scuffs or sole clinics if you have an ig account

Last edited:
Anyone know where i can find a good suede and nubuck cleaner? Or maybe if you have tried the ones from ftl, fnl, champs, footaction...........please let me know.

Thanks in advance

I just noticed today that the white midsoles on my DB IVs are showing cracks at the midsole inseams.  Sorry for the bad lighting, it's more noticable in person, but still rather minor.  Is this typical for a Jordan IV that's only about a year old?  Is this the part of the quality complaints I've been hearing so much about when it comes to recent Jordan retros?  I personally don't mind it that much since shoes are going to become imperfect eventually, but it seems awfully quick.  Would a quick touch up with some acrylic white art paint be advisable?  

To the person asking about fixing elephant print....hit up Raleigh Restorations. He's on here, and facebook. I messaged him on facebook about my yellowing tabs on my 3s and hes very good at communicating. I would say message him on facebook. He'll want pictures to give you a quote. His work is AMAZING. It's not cheap....but it's AMAZING. I guarantee he can fix your ish like better than new. Seriously...magic. Expensive magic.

So I just picked up the Bred XI's. My first pair of XI's. I'm the type that wears my shoes, and CLEANS them to DS condition after every wear, even the bottom of the shoes. It's really not that big of a deal. Just some shoe cleaner on the uppers and soles, a new coat of protectant if it's nubuck or suede, and I'm done.  Only takes me like 5 minutes per pair. My question with these XI's:

1) The phylon white midsole seems very porous, not smooth, and prone to getting dirty with every wear, and probably needs a good scrubbing when dirty. I normally use the spray on foam you would get at footlocker, shoe palace, or wherever. Is it bad to get that stuff on the glossy patent leather? I wouldn't scrub the patent leather with that stuff obviously....I'd just just use mild soap and water and a cloth for the patent, then finish with hand lotion. But will the spray on foam hurt the patent finish if it's on it for a short amount of time while I'm scrubbing that stubborn white midsole? I can try to be careful and not get it on the patent, but I'm sure it will happen a little bit. Something tells me it'll be fine.

^^Bro you ocd just like me...for the white phylon, mr cleans magic eraser really does magic...I wore mine last night got home cleaneed/wiped down, etc...Used magic eraser on the phylon and its DS again.!:smokin

Last edited:
^ probably switching a jumpman tab for a nike air. 

Don't worry about having the foam solution on the patent leather. Magic eraser is great as long as you don't use it on the patent leather. it will DULL the patent so be careful. 

I need some suggestions...Ive always removed the paper and kept my jordans inside the box as is (basically on top of the cardboard).  Is that advised or should I lay something and then put the sneakers on top?

Not looking to do it, it just seems like it'd be easier than a full sole swap. Since there's a binding stitch just below it, it seems like the biggest issue would be loosening the bordering stitch and maybe cleaning up a little glue. Any damage to the leather would be covered. Just a thought.

I need some suggestions...Ive always removed the paper and kept my jordans inside the box as is (basically on top of the cardboard).  Is that advised or should I lay something and then put the sneakers on top?
No you're fine as long as the paper is out. Maybe a silica pack or two if you have icy soles on the particular shoe you're storing. Although I only put them in with 11's as I (depending on how long you're planning on storing them for) the midsoles could dry up over a long period of time and crumble.

Looks like its just the white paint chipping which is very common. Id wait for it to get worse, tape off the green section between the green midsole and the white midsole, and repaint the entire white section with angelus. Just make sure you tape off the green really well (i use painters tape because it doesnt seem to pull off paint when i pull it off, just like what its meant to be used for)
I just noticed today that the white midsoles on my DB IVs are showing cracks at the midsole inseams.  Sorry for the bad lighting, it's more noticable in person, but still rather minor.  Is this typical for a Jordan IV that's only about a year old?  Is this the part of the quality complaints I've been hearing so much about when it comes to recent Jordan retros?  I personally don't mind it that much since shoes are going to become imperfect eventually, but it seems awfully quick.  Would a quick touch up with some acrylic white art paint be advisable?  

Back
Top Bottom