:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Ok guys so I need a little help.  I have a pair of Black Cement 3's and the elephant print is all jacked up.  To make a long story short, I think I got swindled for a pair of B-Grades that I bought from some guy who said they were legit.  Regardless, the Elephant print was messed up from the beginning and I thought I could try to touch it up and repaint it.  In the end, they just look like crap now and I need to know if anybody can refer to me someone who does restorations.

If you know of anybody or you personally can offer this service (to fix the elephant print on my shoes) then I will gladly pay you for your time and send you the shoes.

Hit me up on here with a PM or just respond in this thread if you know any people currently who specialize in Jordan restorations.

Thanks NT.

Started using the iron and wet towel method on done shoes. Excellent results so far. Can't wait to smooth out all my old favorites. Here are the first ones I did.

How exactly do you do the iron and wet towel method?

Are there any risks to this?

I would love to uncrease my fire reds.

Don't do that method on tumbled leather kicks, it takes out the texture. It works well on suede/nubuck/durabuck shoes as well as smooth leather, but if you do it too much it ruins them. The color of the leather begins to fade. Dye from the suede/nubuck/durabuck comes off and it's a wreck.

Take it from experience

How exactly do you do the iron and wet towel method?
Are there any risks to this?
I would love to uncrease my fire reds.

Stuff your shoes as much as you can, get a wet rag and put it over the toe box, iron the towel while its on the toe box and the crease will hopefully pop out. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys. So the shape stays

Don't do that method on tumbled leather kicks, it takes out the texture. It works well on suede/nubuck/durabuck shoes as well as smooth leather, but if you do it too much it ruins them. The color of the leather begins to fade. Dye from the suede/nubuck/durabuck comes off and it's a wreck.
Take it from experience

Hey do you have any advice for tumbled leather? I would love to get the creases out of my true blues.

Last edited:
Take it from experience

Hey do you have any advice for tumbled leather? I would love to get the creases out of my true blues.

Stuff the toe box, get the toe box a little wet and let it dry. It will get some of the creasing out.

Stuff the toe box, get the toe box a little wet and let it dry. It will get some of the creasing out.

Thx for the advice, i will def try that. I was thinking about using a hand steamer as an iron replacement maybe without the towel on tumbled leather. Do you think that would work at all?

Thx for the advice, i will def try that. I was thinking about using a hand steamer as an iron replacement maybe without the towel on tumbled leather. Do you think that would work at all?

If I remember correctly, people use hand steamers to get out midsole creasing. Since its more versatile and a bit smaller.

So I need some help. This is the result of my AJKO's & Nylon Dunks after cleaning them with the Jason Marxx Kit. These are both pretty much new and im looking for the best way to get the yellow staining out with out destroying them. The funny thing is I've clean these with the kit numerous times before. At a certain point after drying them they looked like this. Any help is appreciated, please give me anything you've got to fix these !!

2000 Infrareds

how can i fix this small tear? i just ordered sneaker shields so it wont get worse but is there any way to fix this? please help

What's up with this suede ?

First started out like that .

Baby oil treatment:

Comparison to the other shoe:

The blacker one is alot smoother, so the suede hairs have a nice feel to them . The left one the hairs still move back and forth but it's not as soft and the color is different . Any advice ?

It's supposed to make it darker but it made the entire toe lighter . It used to be one corner of the tow was light now it's the entire toe

Maybe I should just dye the shoe with some suede dye ?? My only concern is the red jumpman is in the middle of the suede

It's dye. Either o.g. Dye or dye that was applied to the shoes to make em look newer . I like the faded look more for some reason . Either way they match more now and I can dye them later.

Anyone have advice on dying these toes without getting the jumpman died over ???

For that yellowing, it looks like the yellow from the midsole got on the brush and spread to both shoes. Use that RIT that johnandrew said.

Check out the blacked out jumpman . Ran the suede back and forth over the jumpman and the dye rubbed onto it . I like it .

Hard to see in this picture, but if i ever want to get it back to the og black ill just dye it. While applying baby oil please note that the dye will come off when rubbing it through if you are massaging it in, so keep that in mind

Last edited:
Anyone have a clue how to clean the Lebron 9 china orange laces? There is dirt all over them but I am hesitant to do any major cleaning b/c I do not want to dilute the bright orange color of the laces. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Anyone have a clue how to clean the Lebron 9 china orange laces? There is dirt all over them but I am hesitant to do any major cleaning b/c I do not want to dilute the bright orange color of the laces. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Get a bottle and fill it up with warm water and laundry detergent. Shake it up for about 5 minutes. Take them out let them dry and there you go. Just don't use bleach

How do you clean the upper mesh on the older retro's of the XI, also what is the glue you guys use to glue shoes back together

Back
Top Bottom