:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

If anyone is still interested in how the leather care gel faired with leather in my shoes, it turned out well. It makes the leather feel softer and gives it some shine, so that it really pops. I had some left so I applies it to some leather Sperry's that I had and it made them look fresh and new!  

worn my 2012 bred 4's twice and they already have these ridiculous creases , anyway to get rid of them ?

i had the same stain on my Concords, i just used an eraser and lightly rubbed it off with no damage lol.

sometimes, it's just a simple fix.

the eraser freakin got it right off! thanks man im stoked lol

worn my 2012 bred 4's twice and they already have these ridiculous creases , anyway to get rid of them ?
Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.
  1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing

does anyone know where i can buy red soles for xi 2001?i hope theres a place for replacement beside buying a beater to replace.
You cant really buy the sole by itself. Search eBay, and craigslist for a pair of beater 11s, 2001, cdp or 2012. replace the sole.

i had the same stain on my Concords, i just used an eraser and lightly rubbed it off with no damage lol.

sometimes, it's just a simple fix.

the eraser freakin got it right off! thanks man im stoked lol

Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.

1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing

are you suppose to wet the rag if its a nubuck material?

Man oh man! Thank you guys! From turning ashy nubuck to getting creases out of some of my ogs, I really appreciate it. Pics to come soon!

how do you get rid of the wrinkle on the leather of the concords? the white leather near the jumpman?

:nerd:

I'm sure there's been a couple hundred posts about cleaning the white air max mesh, but I'm too lazy to read through the thread and check.  Anyone nice enough to throw me some simple solutions to brightening up the mesh? I've seen washing machine a lot but seems like the rest of the shoe would be ******

I'm sure there's been a couple hundred posts about cleaning the white air max mesh, but I'm too lazy to read through the thread and check.  Anyone nice enough to throw me some simple solutions to brightening up the mesh? I've seen washing machine a lot but seems like the rest of the shoe would be ******
how do you get rid of the wrinkle on the leather of the concords? the white leather near the jumpman?

nerd.gif
I own a little shoe insert, ill post pics in a minute when i get on mobile. But it basically stretches the shoe out to retain shape and take out light creases like that. Found them in a box in my closet

Need cleaning tips on the Vs... Would soap and hot water then magic eraser will clean the front white rubber part on the Vs?

Here are a pair of Cole Haan Nike Air. I wanted to try the wet towel and iron trick on these beaters before I put them on my Jordans. I can tell that the process works....but for some reason, the leather is much darker than the original color of the shoe. Did I do something wrong? I thought the leather was still wet since it had the "wet look," but the leather feels dry. Did I leave theiron on too long and scorched the leather? I don't think so because the towel was soaking wet and I only left the iron on each section for 3 seconds. The shoes have been drying for 12 hrs in my closet and the house temp is at 67 degrees. I placed them outside just to see if they will dry out by the time I get off work. Any thoughts?

looking to buy these but dont know how to go about regluing soles and if they would be wearable after please help.

how do i go about fixing the seperation and would they be wearable after? thinking bout buying these off a friend

Last edited:
Here are a pair of Cole Haan Nike Air. I wanted to try the wet towel and iron trick on these beaters before I put them on my Jordans. I can tell that the process works....but for some reason, the leather is much darker than the original color of the shoe. Did I do something wrong? I thought the leather was still wet since it had the "wet look," but the leather feels dry. Did I leave theiron on too long and scorched the leather? I don't think so because the towel was soaking wet and I only left the iron on each section for 3 seconds. The shoes have been drying for 12 hrs in my closet and the house temp is at 67 degrees. I placed them outside just to see if they will dry out by the time I get off work. Any thoughts?
Probably mildew cause you left them in your closet to dry..... Why didn't you leave them outside to dry?
how do i go about fixing the seperation and would they be wearable after? thinking bout buying these off a friend
Reheat the glue with a hair dryer and clamp it with your hands for 5 minutes

Back
Top Bottom