:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

After one session, not bad.. The excess yellowing on the "after" shoe could easily be removed by another session. Just a test pair, im ready to do others.

Last edited:
What's a good copper color paint to repaint the Copper plate on my 17's. The shoe shop told me to just tape them off and use regular copper spray paint.

What's the best way to clear the hologram on 13s? And best way to fix midsole separation to the point of being wearable? Thanks

What's the best way to clear the hologram on 13s? And best way to fix midsole separation to the point of being wearable? Thanks

Okay here you go;

Midsole separation. Separate the whole thing, and reglue it with barge cement. It should last you till the point it begins to crumble.

Hologram, get a blow dryer and turn it on high. Blast the hologram from a few inches away and it will clear right up. It isn't permanent it may last you a few days it may last you months. When it fogs back up reheat it.

Sir Charles, thanks for the info. Sorry if this question has already been answered pages back, im not on here too often. So in order to be wearable again, you have to take it completely apart and reglue it? No other way? I'm new to restoring

Sir Charles, thanks for the info. Sorry if this question has already been answered pages back, im not on here too often. So in order to be wearable again, you have to take it completely apart and reglue it? No other way? I'm new to restoring

For the best results, yes. It's not as hard as it sounds.

But yes, if you do that it will be completely wearable

Attention new shoe restorers: Please post you pictures in the same lighting. It's easy to fool people with these light gimmicks. In this picture, I took a shot at night with the light on and during the day time with natural light from the sun. Both shoes were taken in the same location. You can see how much better the "after" picture is. Now there is no gimmicks in my final shots. I try to capture the shoes in the same lighting on both before and after shots for comparison.

Ok I understand, are there any videos or sites for like an tutorial how to for reglueing(word?) Midsoles? I've never done it. Thanks

I don't use that method, I get a pot and boil water then put a strainer on top. Then the shoe goes on top of the strainer. As the glue heats up it's deactivated and you can simply remove the midsole

It only works if you wet the rag. 

But its nubuck instead of leather...im going to try the dry method to see if it has any results

This method was originally meant for fabric materials. Not leather, because it can mess up the texture of leather. I have used it on 2002 charcoal 7s and 2007 metallic 5s and it worked out great. Just not too much or it will ruin the material.

Tell us how the dry towel works

This method was originally meant for fabric materials. Not leather, because it can mess up the texture of leather. I have used it on 2002 charcoal 7s and 2007 metallic 5s and it worked out great. Just not too much or it will ruin the material.

Tell us how the dry towel works
Yeah it's not going to work if it's dry :/ You need steam. That's why people people dry clean their clothes, they use steam to unwrinkle the fabric.

Last teaser pic on the 1991 sport blue 6's: I restored the jumpman color on the bottom sole. I didn't use acrylic paint. No more pictures until the final sole swap.

Any ideas on how to bring back the color of a pair with nubuck/durabuck materials? I mean mine's got black and red colors and they look pretty ashy now. TIA!

If it hasn't been mentioned before for those NTers in NYC there's a spot I found online that has most if not all the sneaker maintenance products you're looking for (RIT, Jason Markks, Angelus, etc.). You can order from their website or go to the store on West 29th street in Manhattan if you need your cleaners right away. Its not like your typical store, they have EVERYTHING you could possibly need when it comes to garment care in stock (they're right next to FIT). I went in looking for a bottle of RIT and walked out with all sorts of *ish. The showroom is on the 8th floor of an office building, just walk on up and browse the aisles, Im telling you they have EVERYTHING. The people up front are real helpful too and told me how they have a lot of people coming in these days looking for sneaker care products. Haven't tried Jason Markks yet but the saleslady told me its their biggest seller, go figure. Prices look to be pretty good too. Lincoln E-Z cleaner sells for about $10 at my local shoe shine, it was like $5-6 over there.  

Manhattan Wardrobe Supply 

http://www.wardrobesupplies.com

Racks full of RIT and check out the industrial size bottles at the bottom, they have all colors in liquid and powder form

And check the Angelus shoe paint racks. They have two aisles dedicated to shoe care/maintenance

If you live in the city do yourselves a favor and stop in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom