:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

hey my blk/red XI laces are really mess up anybody know were i can get a new pair or sum really close to them on the net. the footlocker around my way had sumbut they were way to thin thanks in advance

would a magic eraser work on cleaning scuffs off fire red V's?and is there any otherway to clean the mesh netting other than seaglow?

how the hell do i soak my XI's in sea glow if i don't want it to touch the glue on the side?
5. Most of the yellowing is deeper down in the synthetic rubber and the SEA GLOW? has to soak down into these areas in order to neutralize the yellowing. Inbad cases, one may have to soak for an hour or more with SEA GLOW?, ideally in bright sunlight.

Originally Posted by rossh123

what can i use to fill these cracks or something that will stick the sides together and whats the best paint to use

to fill in the cracks use caulk/epoxy. as for paint use angelus paint.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Need some help fellas, unique problem...

I was playing some pool tonight, and got some of that blue chalk on my Carmines.....

Would really appreciate some tips on getting that out, its on the toe-box so its a streak across the red suede on the carmines.....

Sorry no pictures.

Thanks in advance guys.
have you tried suede cleaners like sprays or suede erasers? maybe a little tape and just stick it on there and pull it off possibly?

Originally Posted by 23NoKaOi

Is 'Sof Sole' brand water proofer safe for my suede/nubuck on some of my Jordans (13,14,18, etc.)?
And what can I do for the bleeding on my grey-toe 13's? Thanks in advance.
If its stated other wise, then no don't use it. but most water proofers are safe for suede/nubuck materials.
bleeding as in from pants?

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

how the hell do i soak my XI's in sea glow if i don't want it to touch the glue on the side?
5. Most of the yellowing is deeper down in the synthetic rubber and the SEA GLOW? has to soak down into these areas in order to neutralize the yellowing. In bad cases, one may have to soak for an hour or more with SEA GLOW?, ideally in bright sunlight.
not literally soaking, its more of coating it over and over until your satisfied.

are you thinking that the sea glow touching the glue would cause the soles from seperating?

Originally Posted by Jamaile

would a magic eraser work on cleaning scuffs off fire red V's?and is there any otherway to clean the mesh netting other than seaglow?

well it all depends on how bad the scuffs are. can you wipe off the scuff with rubbing alcohol? as for whitening the netting there's no other proven methodto whiten it besides seaglowing for now.

Originally Posted by windycity58

how in the world can we take heavy creases out of the 13's ? apart from stuffing or ironing them ?

there's no way of taking out creases fully from shoes. ironing will weaken the leather making the material easier to crease. stuffing is probably the bestway to REDUCE creasing. there's nothing you can do really, other than just reduce the creasing. once its creased its creased.

i dont get the materials needed for the cutout...
indifferent.gif
help?

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

How can i clean the grey suede on my stealth 1's?
Suede brush w/ eraser or suede spray cleaner. can be bought at footlocker, finishline, etc.

Originally Posted by Jamaile

Thanks FPSee
No problem!

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

how can i take off the blue dye of my shoes from the jeans bleeding?

Rubbing alcohol. Works wonders

Originally Posted by jUeLz23

is there any way to clean the rubber back piece of the 2's which is yellowing..
Show pictures. Nobody knows what you're trying clean.

Originally Posted by alvin314159

tongue of my xx3 all stars has started yellowing...
frown.gif
any tips on how i can fix this?

I have exactly the same problem on my Allstars....I guess there's no remedy for that anyway...My black stealths side panel stitching part has a big dent onit after 1 light wear...anybody with the same problem?

Does anyone know how to prevent creasing on the sides (again, not toebox) of some mid AJF 5? Every time I put mine on, they crease. I already used shoe trees,stuff them, etc.

Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Originally Posted by vi3tboik3v

Does anyone know how to prevent creasing on the sides (again, not toebox) of some mid AJF 5? Every time I put mine on, they crease. I already used shoe trees, stuff them, etc.

You CAN NOT prevent creasing in shoes. creases will appear no matter what. Stuffing only reduces the creases but over time will be more noticeable.

Originally Posted by jredmond3

Does anyone know what a good type of glue to use on the Soles of a pair of XI's would be.
Shoe goo, http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htm

I've been asking around ISS, and everyone swears by RIT. I've followed two guides provided to me on how to use the RIT, and I've gotten absolutelyno results in getting my yellowed conc 11 mesh to be white again.

Now, I tried some BKF on one side of the left shoe, and once it dried it was probably 1 more application away from being as white as they should be! But still,everyone on ISS is telling me not to use BKF cause it "sucks" and it "ruins the mesh". Anyone have any results with RIT? Or any tips ongetting it to work welll? The people recommending RIT have experience with it, but I'm just not getting results. I did get a little of that black/bluebleed through from the BKF though.

This is what they looked like prior to any RIT/BKF, and they still look like this besides the one white side from the BKF. Is there a more detailed guide onhere on how to correctly use BKF?

Originally Posted by FPSee

Does anyone know how to prevent creasing on the sides (again, not toebox) of some mid AJF 5? Every time I put mine on, they crease. I already used shoe trees, stuff them, etc.

You CAN NOT prevent creasing in shoes. creases will appear no matter what. Stuffing only reduces the creases but over time will be more noticeable.

Originally Posted by jredmond3

Does anyone know what a good type of glue to use on the Soles of a pair of XI's would be.
Shoe goo, http://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htmhttp://www.eclecticproducts.com/shoegoo.htm
Well, then is there a way to lessen the amount of creasing? And no, I will not walk like a duck lol. Thanks for the reply.

I meant to add that I already do shoe stuffing and use shoe trees, so is there any other ways?

Wear Force Fields or wearable shoe trees. boxfreshinserts.com for wearable shoe trees. And Force Fields can be found at foot locker. Both are $10.

Originally Posted by n1c3jack3t

I meant to add that I already do shoe stuffing and use shoe trees, so is there any other ways?

Wear Force Fields or wearable shoe trees. boxfreshinserts.com for wearable shoe trees. And Force Fields can be found at foot locker. Both are $10.
Thanks, will try that as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom