:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

these are my AirJordan XIII, they were very dirty cuz i got caught in the rain one day but i ordered Jgoods shoe cleaning kit, and heres the results

Can anyone help with removing a factory glue stain off of my KD Rogues? It's right on the toeboxx :smh: .. I've tried acetone, rubbing alcohol, and goo gone on the glue stain but nothing seems to work. I don't want too go overboard and end up rubbing the finishing color off or leave a permenant mark.

Last edited:
Can anyone help with removing a factory glue stain off of my KD Rogues? It's right on the toeboxx
mean.gif
.. I've tried acetone, rubbing alcohol, and goo gone on the glue stain but nothing seems to work. I don't want too go overboard and end up rubbing the finishing color off or leave a permenant mark.
Damn man that is ******g ugly:frown: sorry to see that

Can anyone help with removing a factory glue stain off of my KD Rogues? It's right on the toeboxx :smh: .. I've tried acetone, rubbing alcohol, and goo gone on the glue stain but nothing seems to work. I don't want too go overboard and end up rubbing the finishing color off or leave a permenant mark.

Damn man that is ******g ugly:frown: sorry to see that

It's not as bad as the picture makes it look, not that noticeable in person but my OCD will not allow me wear them under these conditions :lol:

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

just picked up some used oly 7s today and they have a couple scuff marks. whats the best way to fix that? sorry if its been answered before..
Buy a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and rub gently and the scuff should come of it's not too deep of a scratch. 

Okay so i cleaned my wc4 netting with rit whiner and brightner to take some light blue tint off (didnt work, and water went into the leather but got that fixed) so my question is what about sanding it off with sand paper. Im talking about the soft sand paper has any one tried it. Right now its just an idea that came to my head.

Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited:

Anybody know how to fix this!???? The suede om the left shoe is hard, seems dried out and is lighter than the right shoe.

Anybody know how to fix this!???? The suede om the left shoe is hard, seems dried out and is lighter than the right shoe.[/quote]

Soap, warm water, toothbrush.

If you're afraid to do that, which there is no reason to be, just get some Lincoln EZ cleaner.

[quote="CENCAL52, post: 17354552"]Okay so i cleaned my wc4 netting with rit whiner and brightner to take some light blue tint off (didnt work, and water went into the leather but got that fixed) so my question is what about sanding it off with sand paper. Im talking about the soft sand paper has any one tried it. Right now its just an idea that came to my head.

Thanks in advance for any help[/quote]

No.

Do not sand anything ever.

What are you trying to fix, the mesh, or the actual plastic netting?

I know it's not that noticeable in this pic,but any way of getting this black smudge out on the suede?

Soap, warm water, toothbrush.

If you're afraid to do that, which there is no reason to be, just get some Lincoln EZ cleaner.
No.

Do not sand anything ever.

What are you trying to fix, the mesh, or the actual plastic netting?

Thanks for the reply. But what kind of soap, bar or liquid?

Use more water than you use soap, some don't realize that.

And after I brush the soapy water in I use a rag to rub it in so the soap isn't prominent when I'm done.

Only put about a tablespoon of soap in the water.

So using water on suede is safe? Couple years ago my black/carolina xiv's got wet from rain and now the toe box has a light, almost whitish spot. Any way I can get rid of that?

Use more water than you use soap, some don't realize that.

And after I brush the soapy water in I use a rag to rub it in so the soap isn't prominent when I'm done.

Only put about a tablespoon of soap in the water.

So using water on suede is safe? Couple years ago my black/carolina xiv's got wet from rain and now the toe box has a light, almost whitish spot. Any way I can get rid of that?

That sounds like a water stain. Just dried water.

Get a rag, put it in some water and rub the stain. Then dry it off with a dry rag.

I'm currently considering buying a beater pair of Independence Day 5s and was wondering if retrobrite would remove the yellowing from the netting on the sides and if not what could I use to get the job done? Thanks

Last edited:
I'm currently considering buying a beater pair of Independence Day 5s and was wondering if retrobrite would remove the yellowing from the netting on the sides and if not what could I use to get the job done? Thanks

It is currently impossible to fix yellowing on the netting of jordan 5s.

And as a word of advice, don't buy those 5s. It is impossible to get creases out of patent leather.

It is currently impossible to fix yellowing on the netting of jordan 5s.

And as a word of advice, don't buy those 5s. It is impossible to get creases out of patent leather.
Ok thanks for the info and advice man. I didn't know that was patent leather on the upper (I've never seen the shoes in person). Guess ill need to find another deal.

Back
Top Bottom