:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

For a shoe like, say, the White Cement 3s, I use Jason Markk cleaner with the regular brush that comes with the cleaning kit. If that doesn't work, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I swear to God, those 2 things have gotten out EVERY scuff I've ever had on my kicks, period. Before I knew about the Magic Eraser, I had this scuff on my CDP 5s that would not come off, no matter what I used or how hard I scrubbed. I was pretty much convinced I was stuck with an unsightly (well, unsightly to me, which means it was about half an inch long and a millimeter wide...lol) mark on the toe of my kicks for eternity... UNTIL I found the Magic Eraser. Swiped it one time, gently, with the Magic Eraser and BOOM - no more stain.

I swear, that Magic Eraser is some Alien Tech we got from the Roswell crash...
http://home.howstuffworks.com/magic-eraser1.htm

It's actually pretty simple how it works after reading that article....you can find bulk melamine foam for cheap online too.  

Liquid BKF is legit. Got my Concords white, lace loops and all after about 3 failed methods. Don't notice any difference in the texture of the mesh either.

Liquid BKF is legit. Got my Concords white, lace loops and all after about 3 failed methods. Don't notice any difference in the texture of the mesh either.
Can you email me a link or tell me the exact kind you used. Because I think it's 2-3 kinds of BKF.

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right thread. I had heard if shoes are a bit big one could try using some insoles. My question is whether you leave the original set in as well or just swap them out? My playoff 12s fit like clown shoes and I just want them to not be so loose.

Hey everyone. I'm not sure if this is the right thread. I had heard if shoes are a bit big one could try using some insoles. My question is whether you leave the original set in as well or just swap them out? My playoff 12s fit like clown shoes and I just want them to not be so loose.

What size do you normally wear?

yes get some insoles and put them on top of the original ones, make sure the insoles you are putting in are your actual size, also when you do this it vastly improves the comfort of the shoes i have noticed, good luck!

Thanks for the answer rcjbbp1313. Beh235. My true size is a 9.5 but I usually by a 10 because my feet are sort of wide but man do I wish I had gone tts on those 12s. Oh wells.

The iron/wet towel method;

Starting with materials, I have my shoes (duh), an iron, warm water, soap, and a tooth brush, my shoe inserts, and a rag. If you don't have shoe inserts like those, then stuff your toe cap with rags.

My creased toe box :frown:

I put my inserts in the shoe. If you don't have inserts like I do stuff the toe box until it looks like that.

Wet the rag, and use the tooth brush and soapy water to clean up the toe box. Keep the toe box wet.

Cover your toe box with a wet rag. Then iron out the crease as you would a pair of pants or a shirt. I iron from where the lace starts to the point of the shoe. And I cut the toe box in 1/2 so I am thorough.

Comparison between one I ironed and one I did not. :wow:

About to go buy some shields

(If this helped you, or you have any questions please just type @Sir Charles. Do not quote this whole thing please.)

^ bro I tried on my pair and walked around my house and already had light creases ...good to know that technique works

What's the best way to get rid of cigarette smell? Bought some kicks and they stink like cigarettes. :x

I'm trying out retrobrite and if it drys out in the sun do I just add more?? Also when I'm done with a session do I wash it off and whipe it down to begin another?? How long do I leave it in the sun

I just let it dry out. Then I brush off the dried solution with a wet toothbrush.

Are French blue 12s safe to wear?? Don't want to wear them feel like the sole might separate and if they arnt any way to make them wearable?

Are French blue 12s safe to wear?? Don't want to wear them feel like the sole might separate and if they arnt any way to make them wearable?

Mine are DS but I plan on breaking them out come summer time. I don't see why they would separate, the 12s were built like tanks .. anybody else have any input?

Mine are DS but I plan on breaking them out come summer time. I don't see why they would separate, the 12s were built like tanks .. anybody else have any input?
They should be fine but if you are skeptical I would break em out once a week until the summer. Walk around in them for a couple minutes. Just to kinda ease into the complete DSing. The moisture from your feet combined with your weight should help compact the midsole and "warm" up the glue.

They should be fine but if you are skeptical I would break em out once a week until the summer. Walk around in them for a couple minutes. Just to kinda ease into the complete DSing. The moisture from your feet combined with your weight should help compact the midsole and "warm" up the glue.
Would the paint start chipping/cracking badly or no??

Would the paint start chipping/cracking badly or no??
Paint should be absolutely fine. Like what was said, 12s are tanks. And the midsoles are built differently than 3s and 4s. Those are straight foam and crumble like nothing

Paint should be absolutely fine. Like what was said, 12s are tanks. And the midsoles are built differently than 3s and 4s. Those are straight foam and crumble like nothing
RIP to my 99 cement 4's

that made me just as sad as when G-baby died in hard ball
mean.gif
mad.gif

RIP G-baby

just picked up some used oly 7s today and they have a couple scuff marks. whats the best way to fix that? sorry if its been answered before..

just picked up some used oly 7s today and they have a couple scuff marks. whats the best way to fix that? sorry if its been answered before..
C'mon man at least attempt to look back through some of these pages before you ask. you'll find some good info..

Back
Top Bottom