:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

As far as I know, if I can remember correctly, paint won't take to that material. I know it's not nylon, but similar to a nylon. Keep trying to get something non abrasive to scrub that spot out. Quick question though, how long has that spot been there? Did you let it set in?

I let it sit forever and it will not come off ..... Almost looks like the the paint Is scratched

Also does anyone know if I can fix the 3m I scratched it on a curb

I noticed that I have a lot of white stains all over the shoes after using retrobrite anyways to clean it off or is it the formula that I'm using

As far as I know, if I can remember correctly, paint won't take to that material. I know it's not nylon, but similar to a nylon. Keep trying to get something non abrasive to scrub that spot out. Quick question though, how long has that spot been there? Did you let it set in?

I let it sit forever and it will not come off ..... Almost looks like the the paint Is scratched

Your shoes are not leather, therefore it cannot be painted. **IF ANYONE CAN CORRECT ME DO SO**, I remember trying this shoe on and recalling the material, it can't be painted and look good. I forgot the name but it's a canvas/nylon hybrid material. If you haven't done this, start here; get an old toothbrush and an old piece of soap. Get the water as hot as you can stand it from the faucet. Lather up the soap and scrub the spot. See if it comes up a bit. Get an old rag and use the soap with that also. Don't be afraid to apply pressure to the area and scrub it a bit. If that doesn't work, let me know. Also as a tip, clean your shoe after each wear, in cases like yours usually the dirt/scuffs come right out. NEVER let dirt scuffs sit for a while, it can make it that much harder to clean.

I noticed that I have a lot of white stains all over the shoes after using retrobrite anyways to clean it off or is it the formula that I'm using

Sounds like residue from the dried formula. Warm water to get that cleaned up my friend.

Using Saran Wrap will dry out the leather of your shoes and cause them to crumble.

Ziplock bags are the same.

If you want them to be the best they can be use a plastic box, and about once a month take them out to breath for about 24 hours. Just let them sit out on the counter then put them back in
I use ziploc bags but still breathe them out atleast once a month...or wear them.

Your shoes are not leather, therefore it cannot be painted. **IF ANYONE CAN CORRECT ME DO SO**, I remember trying this shoe on and recalling the material, it can't be painted and look good. I forgot the name but it's a canvas/nylon hybrid material. If you haven't done this, start here; get an old toothbrush and an old piece of soap. Get the water as hot as you can stand it from the faucet. Lather up the soap and scrub the spot. See if it comes up a bit. Get an old rag and use the soap with that also. Don't be afraid to apply pressure to the area and scrub it a bit. If that doesn't work, let me know. Also as a tip, clean your shoe after each wear, in cases like yours usually the dirt/scuffs come right out. NEVER let dirt scuffs sit for a while, it can make it that much harder to clean.

Repped. thanks. scuffs came out with the hot water and soap scrub

Last edited:

Search for 3m Reflective paint. They sell it, but I have yet to find any online. You would have to get some grey/silver 3m reflective paint and paint over the scuff.

I was thinking more along the lines of reflective tape that you can cut more so than the paint, but that sounds good too.

Paint is more flexible, can be used in smaller areas such as the two other scuffs on the check as well.it is also more durable, and can withstand the bends while the person is walking.

From what I've heard that's only the paper in the older Jordan's like 7+ years ago.. The new stuff dosent
sometimes i wonder if taking the paper out might make it worse.... like the box could be made out of recycled crap and ruin the shoes too
eyes.gif
 these days i just try and keep most shoes sitting upright somewhere

I painted a pair of 2001 cement 3....did a bad job on it :\

The good news? III's are super easy to fix up even when you mess them up. It's basic and I think it should be everyone's starting shoe for practice if they want to repaint midsoles and such. Strip it again and keep trying.

My III job, could have been cleaner but looking at the shoe that's not what I was going for. Still want to strip and do it again though...

2003 Cements

Before..

After...

People have said and showed it over the years, however this has not happened to me at all. I can't call it.
To me, it's not even worth risking it, so I always just fold tissue paper up and place it in a ziplock bag with any other accessories and the receipt, and throw it in the box. then, I sit the shoes on top of it. That way, the shoes are resting on the plastic instead of the box itself. I don't know if that's a foolproof method or not, but I think it should do the job.

My III job, could have been cleaner but looking at the shoe that's not what I was going for. Still want to strip and do it again though...

2003 Cements

Before..

After...
Nice work. What are you thinking about doing for the dent on the white portion of the midsole (if anything)? Job well done though, those things were "Rihanna-Post-Breezy" beat up...

I IN NO WAY CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

The white patent leather on my low 11s has faded, and im wondering if there is a way to fix this? Ive heard of using retrobrite, but it only seems to work on extreme cases. thanks

Last edited:
how to get scuffs off white leather ? I know probably answered many times before but cant seem to find a good answer . 

dont mind all my questions recently , finally getting around to cleaning my kicks . 
For a shoe like, say, the White Cement 3s, I use Jason Markk cleaner with the regular brush that comes with the cleaning kit. If that doesn't work, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I swear to God, those 2 things have gotten out EVERY scuff I've ever had on my kicks, period. Before I knew about the Magic Eraser, I had this scuff on my CDP 5s that would not come off, no matter what I used or how hard I scrubbed. I was pretty much convinced I was stuck with an unsightly (well, unsightly to me, which means it was about half an inch long and a millimeter wide...lol) mark on the toe of my kicks for eternity... UNTIL I found the Magic Eraser. Swiped it one time, gently, with the Magic Eraser and BOOM - no more stain.

I swear, that Magic Eraser is some Alien Tech we got from the Roswell crash...

2003 Cements

Before..

After...

Nice work. What are you thinking about doing for the dent on the white portion of the midsole (if anything)? Job well done though, those things were "Rihanna-Post-Breezy" beat up...

I IN NO WAY CONDONE DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

:lol:. Honestly, nothing. I'm good with it. I also have a 2011 pair which I'll wear later down the line when these are completely done. That dent was a result of ignorance. When I initially started this project, I used too much acetone and applied too much pressure to that spot. Thing is, I didn't notice it until it was too late. Let that be a lesson to you kids, For pre '04 retros DO NOT PUT TOO MUCH ACETONE AND PRESSURE. This will be the end result. It doesn't bother me as much as long as they're clean looking. These are still comfortable as hell though.

Back
Top Bottom