:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I want to wear my 8s tm but want to know the issue with the creasing. How bad  and where do they crease. Also will wearing a wearable shoe tree help the creasing? Thanks in advance for all the help fam

Anybody know what i could use to keep the grey material from cracking on my 1999 nike tuned air .I think the material is nubuck but im not sure .Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but cant find a nike sneaker maintenance thread .

Thank you

Last edited:
Just picked up Lincoln ez cleaner and used it on my 2006 metallic 5's.
The shoe on the left is the clean shoe
It took away all the lint, removed light scuff marks and restored the color.. As You can see on the right shoe.. The black looks dull.. And the left shoe looks how it's suppose to

After I cleaned it.. The creases are also a lot less noticeable

So I want to restore a pair of 2000 Jordan V Laney's ...

Soles are piss yellow so i will try Retrobrite for that....

Theres some light scuffs on the blue and yellow part of the midsole that im planing on painting with angelus paint.

Anyone know what blue and yellow colors i should look for?

Thanks in advance.

Mix
I bought the cream and how would I make It where I can I apply it to the sole or do I just apply it on the shoe by itself?

Mix it with a little bit of oxyclean stir it up amd apply it to the bottoms don't get the stuff on URL hands tho its gonna burn the crap out of you

Mix
I bought the cream and how would I make It where I can I apply it to the sole or do I just apply it on the shoe by itself?

Mix it with a little bit of oxyclean stir it up amd apply it to the bottoms don't get the stuff on URL hands tho its gonna burn the crap out of you

Mix

anyone else have any recommendations for preventing creasing on wolf grey 5s? the thing the thread starter did is interesting but I'm wondering if anyone else tried anything else? I tried the socks thing where you stuff them after wearing with my fusion 5s but it did nothing, I realy don't care about creasing on my fusions anymore cuz I started getting retros. I also tried the cut up cardboards insert trick where you use the inserts shoes have in them when you buy them but it did nothing and put the creases in a different spot. I only wore my wolf grys once and there is already a crease in the suede

Last edited:
You might have to live with that. Another guy on here and myself have been trying to find a fix for this for our Space Jams for roughly over a year now. Some said that it maybe the contents of the box that bled into the rubber sole.

DAMN thats brutal. Ima try little remedies people suggested. if anything works ill let you know

Just picked up Lincoln ez cleaner and used it on my 2006 metallic 5's.
The shoe on the left is the clean shoe
It took away all the lint, removed light scuff marks and restored the color.. As You can see on the right shoe.. The black looks dull.. And the left shoe looks how it's suppose to

After I cleaned it.. The creases are also a lot less noticeable
God bless lincoln ez cleaner. 

Last night a chick spilled a drink on my shoe (was at a houseparty) then she tried to wipe if off with a wet piece of toilet paper. I wasn't really paying mind to what was going on at the time because after a few drinks who does, right?

Now this is the outcome. Just some dried up toilet paper on my shoes I guess. But before I attempt to do anything wanted to ask you more knowledgeable guys here for some guidance 
smile.gif
lincoln ez cleaner. Will run you for about 10 bucks but it will be the best 10 bucks you've ever spent.

Edit. 

My bad i didnt see crystal methods post.

Last edited:
Bought a pair of bred 11s and of course they are scuffed and seller didnt send pics of it.
mean.gif

Any ideas of how to get it off? tried soap and water no luck.
You might have to live with that. Another guy on here and myself have been trying to find a fix for this for our Space Jams for roughly over a year now. Some said that it maybe the contents of the box that bled into the rubber sole.
I had a similar stain on my Concords from the box and I just simply used and eraser to lightly rub away the stain. Took it right off and looked good as new.

anyone else have any recommendations for preventing creasing on wolf grey 5s? the thing the thread starter did is interesting but I'm wondering if anyone else tried anything else? I tried the socks thing where you stuff them after wearing with my fusion 5s but it did nothing, I realy don't care about creasing on my fusions anymore cuz I started getting retros. I also tried the cut up cardboards insert trick where you use the inserts shoes have in them when you buy them but it did nothing and put the creases in a different spot. I only wore my wolf grys once and there is already a crease in the suede
I have wolf grey 5s. My pair has about 8 wears in it with almost no creasing at all. How you ask? I wear sneakershields (google search sneakershields and it will take you to a website where you can buy them. Get the "universals", not the "protectors"). These wearable shoe trees work WONDERS for keeping your toeboxes from creasing. It will cause the shoe to crease further back, but the creases are less severe and a lot less noticeable. Not to mention how much better it looks without the toeboxes all creases up. After I wear them, I take out the sneakershields and stuff the original cardboard shoe trees back in. I make sure that there is a lot of wadded up magazine paper under the orignal shoe trees to make them fit REALLY tight in the toebox. Keeps the shape perfect, and pushes out whatever minimal creasing occurred.

And another note about creasing, and sneaker maintenance/cleaning in general. I always clean my shoes, even the soles, after every wear as soon as possible...to keep the dirt from "setting". However...I got EXTREMELY lazy over the last month and a half or so. The result was I just kept pulling out more shoes to wear since I was too lazy to clean the other shoes I had worn. I soon had like 10 or so pairs that were out of their boxes. Some pairs got 3 or so wears in them before I said ENOUGH...TIME TO CLEAN SOME DAMN SHOES. Lol it took me a long time to clean all 10 pairs or so. But I used it as an opportunity to make a youtube video for you all.

Quick question guys, Picked up a used pair of 2000 Laney V's that im working on restoring. The problem is they did not come with laces. Question is, did the 2000 Laney V's come with oval or flat laces? Looked online and some show oval and others show flat laces..... Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
So here is the video....nothing too fancy. Just an update on how the armorall method I've been using has been going, and an overview of my sneaker maintenance methods (and also mentioning some new products ive tried). After cleaning all the shoes, and armoralling all of the soles, midsoles, icy soIes, I didn't put the cardboard trees back in because I wanted to show how well sneakershields have worked (if I had put the trees back in it woudn't accurately show how crease free they really are since they push out the toebox so much). I welcome all comments, criticisms, and discussion. I shot it with my cell phone, so i highly recommend watching in 720p to get the best viewing experience.

Last edited:
So here is the video....nothing too fancy. Just an update on how the armorall method I've been using has been going, and an overview of my sneaker maintenance methods (and also mentioning some new products ive tried). After cleaning all the shoes, and armoralling all of the soles, midsoles, icy soIes, I didn't put the cardboard trees back in because I wanted to show how well sneakershields have worked (if I had put the trees back in it woudn't accurately show how crease free they really are since they push out the toebox so much). I welcome all comments, criticisms, and discussion. I shot it with my cell phone, so i highly recommend watching in 720p to get the best viewing experience.

All of your shoes looks very clean. Do you have any tip for preventing creasing on jordan 8?

Last edited:
That armor all does wonders!! Nice work fam

Good job on the video, I'm going to try the leather wipes. I might give the armorall a try also.
My wolf grey 5s are pissy and I've only worn them once, I've also got a pair of lakers 6s that I've worn a bunch of times also but they are not as icy as yours are.

Back
Top Bottom