:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Thanks Deeds and everyone else for the compliments. After using Armorall wipes for a while now...I'm a firm believer. Keeps everything below the uppers looking clean and crisp. The midsoles on my 4s and everything else look sooooo much nicer. Not just for icy soles either. If you saw my other video introducing my armorall method a while back (you can find it by clicking on my handle "italipino24" in the you tube video), you'd notice that towards the end of the video I show how well the wipes put moisture back into the sole and midsole of some stealth 3s that had an ashy look to the black parts of the rubbers from cleaning them after every wear with shoe cleaner. I'm convinced that these cleaners we use strip moisture from the rubbers and plastics, and the armorall does a fantastic job of not only putting moisture back in, but also making the midsoles and outsoles REALLY pop with rich color. Kind of like how your tires on your car look after applying dressing. Just remember to wipe off the excess after a couple minutes and really work it into the parts you applied it to. The leather wipes I'm a huge fan of now as well. My white/black 13s look AMAZING after applying the leather wipes...but they are too greasy and shiny if you don't wipe them off with a dry cloth after applying it. But after you do wipe it down...GAWD DAM does the leather look great. Again...I think that cleaning the leathers dries them out, and the leather wipes put the moisture back in, while making it look better than just cleaning alone. I also really think the Hefty bags are practically stopping the aging and yellowing process in its tracks. Its just a hassle to remember to take the shoes out of the bags for a couple days if it's been a while since they've been worn and seen air. I remember seeing a video where this one dude pulled out some 5s  out of the bag that were like 6 or 7 years old. His soles were still icy like they were brand new. He also said be sure to pull them out once a month or more to give them air. I say you gotta wear them though...get the materials moving.

Thanks Deeds and everyone else for the compliments. After using Armorall wipes for a while now...I'm a firm believer. Keeps everything below the uppers looking clean and crisp. The midsoles on my 4s and everything else look sooooo much nicer. Not just for icy soles either. If you saw my other video introducing my armorall method a while back (you can find it by clicking on my handle "italipino24" in the you tube video), you'd notice that towards the end of the video I show how well the wipes put moisture back into the sole and midsole of some stealth 3s that had an ashy look to the black parts of the rubbers from cleaning them after every wear with shoe cleaner. I'm convinced that these cleaners we use strip moisture from the rubbers and plastics, and the armorall does a fantastic job of not only putting moisture back in, but also making the midsoles and outsoles REALLY pop with rich color. Kind of like how your tires on your car look after applying dressing. Just remember to wipe off the excess after a couple minutes and really work it into the parts you applied it to. The leather wipes I'm a huge fan of now as well. My white/black 13s look AMAZING after applying the leather wipes...but they are too greasy and shiny if you don't wipe them off with a dry cloth after applying it. But after you do wipe it down...GAWD DAM does the leather look great. Again...I think that cleaning the leathers dries them out, and the leather wipes put the moisture back in, while making it look better than just cleaning alone. I also really think the Hefty bags are practically stopping the aging and yellowing process in its tracks. Its just a hassle to remember to take the shoes out of the bags for a couple days if it's been a while since they've been worn and seen air. I remember seeing a video where this one dude pulled out some 5s  out of the bag that were like 6 or 7 years old. His soles were still icy like they were brand new. He also said be sure to pull them out once a month or more to give them air. I say you gotta wear them though...get the materials moving.

Looks goods might have to try this. My question is if your putting armor oil on your soles how the hell are you walking without sliding all over the place

NEED HELP.......

I want to restore my Jordan XIV White / Deep Forest Green

Should I use Angelus Paint for the green part of the shoe?

And do you guys know of a specific Green color to look for so i can get the closest color match possible?

Also how do I clean that suede material on the ankle part of the shoe?

Any help is appreciated.....

Thanks in Advance guys.

Looks goods might have to try this. My question is if your putting armor oil on your soles how the hell are you walking without sliding all over the place
LOL...I was worried about this too. So i just tried it on one pair at first. It isn't slippery at all. As you can see in the video, I have tile floors and even on that surface it feels fine. Armorall isn't super slippery. And remember...you don't just wipe on the armorall and leave it there. You let it sit for a couple minutes then you wipe it down with a towel. Otherwise it not only feels greasy, but looks like it too. Once you wipe it down, it leaves a nice little shine that looks better than cleaning alone, but its not slippery. I've been using it for a while now on a lot of shoes and it isn't slippery at all.

I bought some 11 lows...got a steal on ebay. The all white joints with the red soles that came out I think in May 2012. Wasn't really feeling them at first but i wanted a summer shoe and they kinda grew on me. Found them for 130 shipped on eBay, worn once. They look perfect, no yellowing on the patent, no creases. I'm gonna do a seller review/unboxing video when i get the shoes. My question is...how can I prevent the white mesh uppers from getting jean stains. Looking for prevention...not clean up. I'm guessing I'll just hit the mesh hard with the waterproofer/stain replellant. Like a few heavy coats. Any other suggestions? Not really looking to put tape on the inside of my jeans or anything like that. Normally I don't care since you can just clean jean stains right off of leather and rubber easily...but this mesh? IDK. Need prevention suggestions.

Last edited:
Do u guys have tips on how to remove glue stains from suede? My Milans came in from ndc & I removed the excess glue from the toe box but the stain is still there, a response would be deeply appreciated b/c I really dnt wanna return them. Thanks

I just bought a pair of deadstock DMP 6s and I was going to unds them soon. What are the chances of them cracking???

I've got a pair of CDP 13s and everything about them is okay but the toebox is CREASED beyond belief 
frown.gif

Judging by this picture, would there be anyway to take out the creases?  I read putting a towel over it and using an iron, but wanted to post and ask

for some feedback before I do anything to them

thanks!!

I've got a pair of CDP 13s and everything about them is okay but the toebox is CREASED beyond belief  :frown: .....

Judging by this picture, would there be anyway to take out the creases?  I read putting a towel over it and using an iron, but wanted to post and ask

thanks!!

Yea stuff em with something then use a wet towel or brown paper bag and iron em

I just bought a pair of deadstock DMP 6s and I was going to unds them soon. What are the chances of them cracking???

Eh.. It's a 7 year old shoe.. So it depends on how it was stored..

I would rock em around the crib for like 30 mins casually.. N do that a few times before you just full out wear em

I just got some 13s low and behold... same problem! these were only worn it looks like maybe 5 times max.

Im assuming that this problem is like wrinkled paper. Once its wrinkled, its wrinkled forever.
Has anyone had this problem with their 13s hologram? These are my '10 flints

Wet towel, keep the towel wet after each pass of the iron (make sure its soaked). MAKE SURE the toe boxes are overstuffed so you can iron out the wrinkles. The wrinkles will start to fade, but so will the texture of the leather on the toes.
I've got a pair of CDP 13s and everything about them is okay but the toebox is CREASED beyond belief 
frown.gif

thanks!!

So here is the video....nothing too fancy. Just an update on how the armorall method I've been using has been going, and an overview of my sneaker maintenance methods (and also mentioning some new products ive tried). After cleaning all the shoes, and armoralling all of the soles, midsoles, icy soIes, I didn't put the cardboard trees back in because I wanted to show how well sneakershields have worked (if I had put the trees back in it woudn't accurately show how crease free they really are since they push out the toebox so much). I welcome all comments, criticisms, and discussion. I shot it with my cell phone, so i highly recommend watching in 720p to get the best viewing experience.

Great follow up.  I started using the armor all method after watching your first video.  So far its worked very well on my icy soles and plastic netting.  It does a really good job of repelling dirt.

Great follow up.  I started using the armor all method after watching your first video.  So far its worked very well on my icy soles and plastic netting.  It does a really good job of repelling dirt.
theres something about armor all products that magically work. I guess since the materials on our shoes are similar to car materials. And people would be pretty unhappy if they got some inferior products on their benz or something that didnt work.

whats up guys, need some quick help here...... Hoping I get some answers.

Im restoring 2 pairs of shoes....

the 1st is a pair of Steel 10's:
Im familiar with decreasing the toe box but how do I go about removing creasing on the uppers and around the ankle area?
any specific way to do this?

The 2nd pair is XIV White/Green:
On this pair i have everything stripped down and getting ready to apply the gren and white Angelus paint.
Question is, Do i paint the green part of the shoe first or do I start with the White midsole and uppers?
whats the easier way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited:
So here is the video....nothing too fancy. Just an update on how the armorall method I've been using has been going, and an overview of my sneaker maintenance methods (and also mentioning some new products ive tried). After cleaning all the shoes, and armoralling all of the soles, midsoles, icy soIes, I didn't put the cardboard trees back in because I wanted to show how well sneakershields have worked (if I had put the trees back in it woudn't accurately show how crease free they really are since they push out the toebox so much). I welcome all comments, criticisms, and discussion. I shot it with my cell phone, so i highly recommend watching in 720p to get the best viewing experience.

really enjoyed ur video dawg, thanks for the wolf grey help

Wet towel, keep the towel wet after each pass of the iron (make sure its soaked). MAKE SURE the toe boxes are overstuffed so you can iron out the wrinkles. The wrinkles will start to fade, but so will the texture of the leather on the toes.
overstuff the toebox, can i stuff em with socks or the paper from inside the shoebox?

thanks for the reply my dude!!! much appreciated

For any who's actually ironed out toe boxes..
How fast do the creases come back?
Is it normal? Or do they come back quick?

I've got a pair of CDP 13s and everything about them is okay but the toebox is CREASED beyond belief  :frown: .....

thanks!!

Yea stuff em with something then use a wet towel or brown paper bag and iron em

NO! Don't do that!

Black toe 13s are tumbled leather, ironing out the creases on tumbled leather shoes removes the texture. Making it smooth leather.

What can I use to clean the nubuck on my Raptor 7's? Is that Jason markk good for them too?

Last edited:
If your trying to get out creases stuffing the toe box and ironing with over a wet towel is ok as long as its NOT tumbled leather as you will smoothen the tumbled leather out. For tumbled leather you can use a fabric steamer but it will take much longer as your not applying pressure

So I watched the video and am wondering what you use to clean to icy outsoles like the 5's after you wear them and before you put the armor all protectant wipes on them. Do you use a cleaner on the outsole or water and toothbrush on icy soles, because you say you clean them and then put the armor all on. Also would the armor all cleaning wipes work for cleaning them after wear and then use the armorall protectant wipes? Thanks for the video

Back
Top Bottom