:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'd recommend a shoe tree/shield, or stuffing. Shoe tree would probably work better to restore the form.

Has anyone seen this on 5s(these are the 99 fire reds) tongue?

Not sure if I should just get rid of them

Has anyone seen this on 5s(these are the 99 fire reds) tongue?
Not sure if I should just get rid of them
there is a video on youtube about something like this:   

guy uses a marker or something, looks really good, give it a try.

I'd recommend a shoe tree/shield, or stuffing. Shoe tree would probably work better to restore the form.
I always use shoe shields on my shoes but For some reason that is not the case it's the form but it's not like when we crease a shoe, i think it has to do with the leather in that part of the shoe just pretty much being weak/"loose". I was thinking of having to unglue if possible the pull and glue again. My picture might not really show what it really is. On stuffing it with paper when I got the shoes it had paper stuffing and I can tell it does help but when you remove it that part just sinks again like if the leather was just too thin or something. I've seen it with other taxis as well. Thanks for your reply. I will try to get a shoe tree and try it out as well.

What color suede dye should be used to re dye Cool Grey 4s?
Also, can the white leather on wc3s be repainted? And if not what's the best option to restore it? Thanks.

What angelus suede dye should be used for cool grey 4s? Really need to figure this out asap any help is much appreciated.

I Recently Picked Up A Used Pair Of Cool Grey 4's. The 4's Have A Good Amount Of Cracking On The Midsole, & Im Interested In Opinions On The Best Way To Repaint (Stripping Processes, Types Of Paint, & Or Applicators) & Id Also Like To Know How Personally Repaint Jobs Have Held Up (How Long Will The New Aftermarket Paint Hold Up Vs The OEM Paint)

Also, Has Anyone Ever Thought/Used Mineral Oil (Used To Keep Cutting Boards From Drying Out) To Treat Soles Of Shoes For The Same Thing [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128513[/emoji] Long Shot I Know, Just Was Curious

I Recently Picked Up A Used Pair Of Cool Grey 4's. The 4's Have A Good Amount Of Cracking On The Midsole, & Im Interested In Opinions On The Best Way To Repaint (Stripping Processes, Types Of Paint, & Or Applicators) & Id Also Like To Know How Personally Repaint Jobs Have Held Up (How Long Will The New Aftermarket Paint Hold Up Vs The OEM Paint)
Ok here goes lol:
Stripping- use cotton balls or paper towels dipped in acetone. You will also have to use q tips for the edges where the paint is really close to the uppers so you don't mess up the nubuck

Painting- use angelus paint for the painting process. Go to turtlefeathers.net for the paint. Use masking tape so you don't get the paint where it shouldn't be.Use nice straight lines when painting on the midsoles. DO NOT apply one thick layer of paint and think you're done. You have to apply multiple thin layers for the best results. Apply one layer than wait about 30 minutes for another coat. Do this about 3-5 times. Let the shoes dry for a day or two and they are ready to wear

How they hold up- depends on how much you wear the shoes and how many layers, how well you painted etc.

Painting isn't hard just needs some practice is all. Good luck man. Hope this helps!

Can I put leather moisturizer on the upper of an 1985 Jordan 1? Leather is all intact just wanted to know if it'd help.

Now I have a question. Idk if this thread is only about Jordan's but here goes. I have some balenciaga arenas and the plastic midsole on one shoe has yellowed a bit and looks off compared to the other shoe. I retrobrite Jordan's and stuff so I know how to do it.. Just wondering it wouldn't really affect anything right? Might as well give it a try? I'll post results after I try it.

Z zairmax1z
Thanks A lot For Your Input, Debating What I Wanna Do (Risk Or Reword) Don't Wanna Damage Nubuck But Would Love For Them To Look Like New, That Said I Am Pretty Sure I Can Live With The Cracking [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128533[/emoji]... I Think

Z zairmax1z
Thanks A lot For Your Input, Debating What I Wanna Do (Risk Or Reword) Don't Wanna Damage Nubuck But Would Love For Them To Look Like New, That Said I Am Pretty Sure I Can Live With The Cracking [emoji]128533[/emoji][emoji]128533[/emoji]... I Think
try it out man I didn't write that to scare you off lol I wrote it to encourage you. And if you wouldn't wanna do it yourself I can do it. Just shoot me a pm.

Anyone have any tips regarding midsole separation on XI's? I've got the E6000 glue, problem I'm having is getting enough pressure on the midsole to get it to actually stick. I've tried using a shoelace wrapped around it, but I can't seem to rig it right to get the pressure that way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone have any tips regarding midsole separation on XI's? I've got the E6000 glue, problem I'm having is getting enough pressure on the midsole to get it to actually stick. I've tried using a shoelace wrapped around it, but I can't seem to rig it right to get the pressure that way. Any advise would be greatly appreciated![/quote try some clamps to hold it tight

there is a video on youtube about something like this:  
guy uses a marker or something, looks really good, give it a try.

I've tried that before, problem is that there are tears and cracks on the front of the tongue. The color looks off when I color those parts

Is it possible to remove the small threads going around the suede uppers?
straight edge razor (brand new so it is very sharp) and carefully remove what you want gone and then they will look great in no time! take your time!

Last edited:
For the frayed threads use nail clippers and take your time! I use a lighter and hold the shoe vertical (toe box pointing up!)

FOR RE-GLUING STUBBORN MIDSOLES (ALWAYS WORKS FOR ME, IVE USED RUBBER CEMENT, BARGE CEMENT & GORILLA GLUE)

1.Make sure you lightly sand both sides you're gluing, the glue needs to adhere to a rough surface when bonding....ALSO I noticed with the rubber cement, if you let it air dry for 5-10 mins after applying glue, it will bond WAY better.    

2.Don't glob up the glue, takes too long to dry and you dont want too much excess glue....Use a paint brush and lightly apply it. I even touch the glue to check bonding strength. When it's touched it looks web like, almost like cobwebs. I use my fingers, and run them through the inside of the shoes to press down against midsole.

3.Slow and steady, I make sure everything is aligned and then I watch tv while applying pressure to necessary areas with one hand in the shoe, one outside the shoe. Once it starts to form a greater bond, I stuff the shoe to the top and then use them ugly *** phat farm laces to wrap the shoe 2-4 times over!
After a hour I check results and honestly, you can only get better with every attempt!

I HOPE YOU GUYS TRY AND HAVE SUCCESSFUL RESULTS. I WILL BE DOING MY OG XIII'S AND ALSO BE DOING A STEP BY STEP!

Last edited:
What paint would you guys recommend using to paint the midsoles of the Gamma XIs? I wanna paint it white to give them a Space Jam-esque feel. Do I use regular Angelus leather paint or something different? I also assume I'd have to do a good bit of coats since I'm going from black-white.

Back
Top Bottom