:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Random/Misc. question: how many of you guys threw away the shoe tissue paper that came with your shoes in the box? Regrets? Does it do anything at all/have a purpose?

I've kept mine just to keep it but I'm starting to think maybe I should just throw this stuff away cause it's ripping and can be an extra hassle sometimes.
I always fold it into a small square and put it at the bottom of the box just so it won't get all ripped

well i keep it in there primarily on my leather shoes cuz it really does help the shoe to keep form. I've had shoes where the toe box is creased in and looks "collapsed" and it pisses me off

i keep the tissue thats wrapped around the shoes if that's what you're referring to. i just fold it up and place it under the shoes. as for the stuffing, when im done wearing a pair, i stuff them back and back in the box they go. 

I have a question. I want to do a sole swap of my 2003 white/cement III's. I found a possible sole to put on it. The thing is, the upper isn't weak enough to clearly separate from my III's and the sole I found is from a brand new shoe. Does anyone know how to separate soles from the upper cleanly in this situation? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

I'm trying to fix this on the right shoe....

Last edited:
I have a question. I want to do a sole swap of my 2003 white/cement III's. I found a possible sole to put on it. The thing is, the upper isn't weak enough to clearly separate from my III's and the sole I found is from a brand new shoe. Does anyone know how to separate soles from the upper cleanly in this situation? I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

I'm trying to fix this on the right shoe....

So you're trying to remove the midsole of the 3s and want an easy way of doing it?
Here's some tips that I recommend I've done plenty of swaps.

1-put them on and jump up and down to make them crack more (it'll weaken the midsole even more)

2-just pull apart with your hands

3-use a heat gun to remove hard areas

First you have to remove the thread in the toecap though there's a video on youtube on how to do that just look it up the user is restoremysneakers.

Then just go at them and tear it up lol..

Post pics and ask more questions if you have any. Glad to answer.

@Zairmax1Z  they're still in good shape. I just might have to go the heatgun route. I saw that video, but I'm scared of things like shrinkage in the upper. The sole I found that matches is is the jordan SC 1, it's on sale right now and it matches the 3 outsole exactly. To be honest, I'm terrified 
laugh.gif
. Good looks on the info though.

Last edited:
@Zairmax1Z
 they're still in good shape. I just might have to go the heatgun route. I saw that video, but I'm scared of things like shrinkage in the upper. The sole I found that matches is is the jordan SC 1, it's on sale right now and it matches the 3 outsole exactly. To be honest, I'm terrified :lol: . Good looks on the info though.
Don't use a midsole above 2006. After 06 the gluing of shoes changed it will be really hard to take the donor soles off trust me.. Try older spizikes or 06 3s.. Fire reds aren't going for much now so scoop those up

@Zairmax1Z
 they're still in good shape. I just might have to go the heatgun route. I saw that video, but I'm scared of things like shrinkage in the upper. The sole I found that matches is is the jordan SC 1, it's on sale right now and it matches the 3 outsole exactly. To be honest, I'm terrified 
laugh.gif
. Good looks on the info though.
Don't use a midsole above 2006. After 06 the gluing of shoes changed it will be really hard to take the donor soles off trust me.. Try older spizikes or 06 3s.. Fire reds aren't going for much now so scoop those up
Thanks for the tip

What acrylic finisher is best for retro 3s 4s and 5s midsole repainting? And what about for a leather repaint on wc3s and grape 5s?

Storage question: I've heard a lot of people converting to storing their shoes in sterilites, plastic containers, etc. A lot of people say they lengthen the life of your shoe. I've also heard that it does the opposite and actually shortens it because it prevents the shoes from "breathing" which leads to crumbling, separation, etc....can anyone shed some light?? I've given up in silica packets...yellowing is inevitable.

Storage question: I've heard a lot of people converting to storing their shoes in sterilites, plastic containers, etc. A lot of people say they lengthen the life of your shoe. I've also heard that it does the opposite and actually shortens it because it prevents the shoes from "breathing" which leads to crumbling, separation, etc....can anyone shed some light?? I've given up in silica packets...yellowing is inevitable.
plastic bins with a few holes poked in to let the shoes breathe. helps a lot.

Yo NT fam, was wondering if anybody could help me. Is their a definitive way to take out glue stains without damaging the color of the leather. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again fam and happy new yeras

Yo NT fam, was wondering if anybody could help me. Is their a definitive way to take out glue stains without damaging the color of the leather. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again fam and happy new yeras
Rubbing alcohol on the spot with a q tip gently rub it off not too hard or the leather will get damaged. It'll help if you post a pic of it though.

Last edited:
Rubbing alcohol on the spot with a q tip gently rub it off not too hard or the leather will get damaged. It'll help if you post a pic of it though.
Good lookin out, imma try that.I currently dont have pics right now but i will post pics when i get home. Will the alcohol discolor the leather in anyway?

Good lookin out, imma try that.I currently dont have pics right now but i will post pics when i get home. Will the alcohol discolor the leather in anyway?
Yea post pics. And yeah if rubbed too hard I need to see pics for a proper tutorial of what to do.

Seems like nobody really mention the jumpman tab cracking issue with the 12, i search but not a lot of discussion about it.. My question is, if this happend often or anyway to prevent this.. And what release have this problem. Here is my og cherry... Im asking because im buying the melo 12's and i don't want to have the same problem or at least prevent it.. I don't ball in em..
i bought a pair of DS obsidian retro 12 lows from ebay for a steal. they are from 2004. quality is amazing on them but i wore them the other day for the first time and all four of the jumpman tabs are cracking. any info on how to keep them from cracking more would be appreciated.

Last edited:
i bought a pair of DS obsidian retro 12 lows from ebay for a steal. they are from 2004. quality is amazing on them but i wore them the other day for the first time and all four of the jumpman tabs are cracking. any info on how to keep them from cracking more would be appreciated.
Can't do anything. But you can keep checking for midsole glue separation , i think thats one that adds to the cracking.. Specially near the tab..

I wanna clean the front lip of my white/red 6s and powder blue 9s but don't really have anything but dish soap and comet...theyre pretty dirty and last time I tried to clean em dish soap didnt work too good.

Would it hurt to use comet? I'm afraid to try it lol

I'm gonna take my *** down villa one of these days n grab some jason markk n try that too

I wanna clean the front lip of my white/red 6s and powder blue 9s but don't really have anything but dish soap and comet...theyre pretty dirty and last time I tried to clean em dish soap didnt work too good.

Would it hurt to use comet? I'm afraid to try it lol

I'm gonna take my *** down villa one of these days n grab some jason markk n try that too
I'd need to see pics to determine, but know this as a rule, your first step should always be soap/water/toothbrush. Then if that doesn't work you go to other methods. Me, I've used ajax before and I've never encountered issues with abrasion or scraping anything off, so that's also good in my book too. I just use ajax with water. 

So I have some DS tuxedoes and I was looking at them today and parts of the white plastic has started to discolor and I have no answer for this of how it happened and if it can be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom