:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What paint would you guys recommend using to paint the midsoles of the Gamma XIs? I wanna paint it white to give them a Space Jam-esque feel. Do I use regular Angelus leather paint or something different? I also assume I'd have to do a good bit of coats since I'm going from black-white.
Angelus paint would be best, but painting a black midsole to white would need to be primed before painting to keep it from not looking as white as you'd like

Angelus paint would be best, but painting a black midsole to white would need to be primed before painting to keep it from not looking as white as you'd like
Yeah I assumed I'd need some extra coats because the black underneath would make the white look a little dull. Didn't even think of primer. Thanks for the help.

straight edge razor (brand new so it is very sharp) and carefully remove what you want gone and then they will look great in no time! take your time!
sounds good and simple to do. Some dude selling them for 100. Do yall think they legit?

I havent seen Chutney 13's since 2005 on somebodys foot! Thats a beautiful steal! 
nthat.gif

Might need glue depending on how they were stored but the 13's are some of the easiest to mend

especially with the og box, which i can peep underneath the shoes? and barely any creasing? 100, is good but if it's 100 obo, make an offer and get it for less haha why not

especially with the og box, which i can peep underneath the shoes? and barely any creasing? 100, is good but if it's 100 obo, make an offer and get it for less haha why not
Agreed, Make sure you check for any sole separation and hit em with that lowball offer 
laugh.gif

Could really use some help/advice.
Was SeaGlowing my '99 Vs then got the dreaded sole separation.
Suggestions for best glue/adhesive, preferably w a thin nozzle to slip into tight spaces would be greatly appreciated

Sup

I need help from the ogs

Copped a pair of pure money 3s from my homeboy for free I wanted to see if I should say **** it with these shoes or try to restore them

The leather us decent it's just the midsole ha all bad

paint suggestions and something i can do about the elephant print would be dope to

Thanks in advance

paint suggestions and something i can do about the elephant print would be dope to

Thanks in advance
perfect candidate for a restoration!

Leather- put some white angelus leather paint on there so make the scratch less noticeable

Elephant print- I use black sharpie marker for my black cements so look for a grey sharpie

midsole- strip the paint, use angelus leather paint

these shoes have potential dont give up!

hope this helps.

Could really use some help/advice.
Was SeaGlowing my '99 Vs then got the dreaded sole separation.
Suggestions for best glue/adhesive, preferably w a thin nozzle to slip into tight spaces would be greatly appreciated
Use E-6000, if the tube isnt thin enough for you, then take a toothpick to spread it out in there or like a popsicle stick.

I went through the thread but couldn't find it. I stepped in some mud in Shadow ones and got mud on the threads between the sole. Any way to clean this? thanks in advance

Random/Misc. question: how many of you guys threw away the shoe tissue paper that came with your shoes in the box? Regrets? Does it do anything at all/have a purpose?

I've kept mine just to keep it but I'm starting to think maybe I should just throw this stuff away cause it's ripping and can be an extra hassle sometimes.

Jean dye bled onto sockliner of my wolf grey 5s.. any suggestions?
I noticed before it could get real bad so it's a light layer but noticeable.

Random/Misc. question: how many of you guys threw away the shoe tissue paper that came with your shoes in the box? Regrets? Does it do anything at all/have a purpose?

I've kept mine just to keep it but I'm starting to think maybe I should just throw this stuff away cause it's ripping and can be an extra hassle sometimes.
I always keep it and make sure it stays in tact..I do have some shoes without it cuz they were bought from somebody or were on display at a store.
To replace it just get some tissue paper that's used for wrapping presents, currently on clearance at all big stores lol

skep skep lol thanks fam, repped. I'll just keep it in there and replace it when it's torn. It does help it keep them neat I guess anyways

Back
Top Bottom