:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Whether or not you wore them is irrelevant. Whether or not you will wear them is irrelevant.
It will happen anyways and if/when you fix the discoloration it will eventually happen again.
has anyone ever tried painting white patent leather with decent results?

google search it, angelus paint doesnt work but the video i saw is puttin on the PL an adhesive spray an let it dry then spray a melatonin spray paint and then a clear coat spray and the results are nice, trust me google it and find the video on youtube its a good one!

google search it, angelus paint doesnt work but the video i saw is puttin on the PL an adhesive spray an let it dry then spray a melatonin spray paint and then a clear coat spray and the results are nice, trust me google it and find the video on youtube its a good one!

Search YouTube for kingofsneakers. They have that video on painting patent leather. They did it on a pair of 11 lows

Does it really work? As in you can wear them with it on?

Yes sole protectors work, but you only get about 20 to 25 light wears. I put them on my Gamma 3lab5s, and took em off last week. My soles are still clean but the sole protectors are pretty expensive. I think I may just wear my kicks and not worry about the bottoms anymore. But I don't know.

But you should try em and see if they are for you. They do what they say they will do that's for sure.

How do you clean the white material on the insides of white shoes,specifically air jordan 13
What works really good for me is. Warm water mixed with oxyclean and a little of brit whitener and brightener . Do not saturate the sockliner with water. Just dip the toothbrush and scrub the sockliner. Leave it there for 5-10 min and rinse by using toothbrush and warm water while wiping the excess bubbles with white towel.until no more detergent left.. I don't like to saturate the sockliner with water...
did the left side.

What works really good for me is. Warm water mixed with oxyclean and a little of brit whitener and brightener . Do not saturate the sockliner with water. Just dip the toothbrush and scrub the sockliner. Leave it there for 5-10 min and rinse by using toothbrush and warm water while wiping the excess bubbles with white towel.until no more detergent left.. I don't like to saturate the sockliner with water...
did the left side.
thanks for the info. is the brit whitener color safe? The 13's im cleaning are the chicago colorway so my main issue is ruining the red suede.

this dude decided it would be cool to take these and have his homeboy at schoo do a sharpie custom on them i personally restore shoes and do customs but i've never really had to tackle something like this lmao also what laces should i get for reps?
So my main questions are...
1. what suede dye should i buy from turtle feathers light grey,grey or dark grey
2. HOW THE **** DO I REMOVE THE SHARPIE!! i've searched and searched and nothing im thinking maybe mr clean magic eraser, alchohol, hand santizers? i have no idea
3. well thats mostly it besides where i can find rep laces for size 9 CG 4's and what size also

***Side Note****
What size laces should i get for my concords size 10.5 and my old ladies CG 11's size 6Y?

thanks in advance yo
Steezy The Kid

^^^ I really don't think you can do anything about that. Suede dye won't turn the black into grey. Permanent marker is pretty much impossible to remove from fabrics like that

im pretty confident bro that it'll come off i've seen where other people have got permanent marker out of other suede materials

but what color should i order and does  anyone else have any suggestions?

steezythekid steezythekid For the men's concord laces, I'd say a size 54. There's a cat on ebay by the name of Kid594 that sells the round laces for a pretty reasonable price, and they're thick like the laces that come with the 11's, and sells them for $7

Last edited:
Just saw a vid on YouTube that uses baking soda to remove sharpie from fabrics. She gets it wet with water first then puts baking soda on it and scrubs with brush. Seems to work pretty well

Search YouTube for kingofsneakers. They have that video on painting patent leather. They did it on a pair of 11 lows
Thanks for the great info, I wanted to try it on some flight 9's that I had sitting in the box for the last 3 years wore maybe 2-3 times and have now turned yellow as hell. Imma use them as beaters but I wanted to spruce them up a bit. got the netting to clear up but the patent leather just wont change I used the retr0 bright but it didn't budge the leather. This is the shoe that I have though its not my picture ,but has the same yellowing. hopefully I can use the same step by step instructions as the youtube video.

And wanted to get it to return to this.

Yes sole protectors work, but you only get about 20 to 25 light wears. I put them on my Gamma 3lab5s, and took em off last week. My soles are still clean but the sole protectors are pretty expensive. I think I may just wear my kicks and not worry about the bottoms anymore. But I don't know.

But you should try em and see if they are for you. They do what they say they will do that's for sure.

So buy the material yourself, you can buy it in rolls. It's made by 3m and cost wouldn't be more than a couple dollars a pair. Buy the roll and cut it yourself

oh geez thats a rough one, i wouldnt touch those unless they were free then it would be a good experiment, good luck on the resto and i hope you didnt pay for them

So buy the material yourself, you can buy it in rolls. It's made by 3m and cost wouldn't be more than a couple dollars a pair. Buy the roll and cut it yourself

Woah, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Duh to myself. Ok fam. Great idea. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the hardest to think of in the heat of the moment. Thanks I will do work and get me a whole roll. You genius. Repped.

lol no prob, thats all they're doing, and pre-cutting it to certain shapes to cater to people's needs. no hate on them for the hustle, but they arent doing anything revolutionary... just working with resources available to everybody

Back
Top Bottom