:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Maybe from the paper? Not much fix with pL...
So I have some DS tuxedoes and I was looking at them today and parts of the white plastic has started to discolor and I have no answer for this of how it happened and if it can be fixed?
i need to check mine... I have two and the other is still ds, stock it after i got them..

Last edited:
So I have some DS tuxedoes and I was looking at them today and parts of the white plastic has started to discolor and I have no answer for this of how it happened and if it can be fixed?
Like clear soles, white patent leather yellows naturally over time. I don't know how to fix it but just so you know it will happen again even if you do.

hey guys, i actually unds'd my pair of monotone am 1's the other day but it got a little dirty on the uppers.. and its not normal mesh like other pairs.. anyone know a proper way of cleaning that material on them? thanks.

hey guys, i actually unds'd my pair of monotone am 1's the other day but it got a little dirty on the uppers.. and its not normal mesh like other pairs.. anyone know a proper way of cleaning that material on them? thanks.
 The monotone AM 90 have a woven material that will fray if scrubbed too hard.
I would lightly clean the spot, brushing in 1 general direction! Dampen the spot and lightly scrub with a little dish soap (a little goes along way)
ALSO once you wet certain white shoes the color will shift.
If you notice after you clean them, a lil discoloration in that stained area, I would lightly dampen the shoe entirely and let them dry to 1 uniform color

planning on getting me some sneaker shields since the site is having a sale, anyone here have any experience with them? if so any positive/negative feedbacks that you can share with me and also if they are good, should i get the universal ones or the pros (they label it for af1's but i plan on using them as universal).

^ Since it's suede, try a wet rag only. You might have to dye it, but it doesn't look that serious to me.

planning on getting me some sneaker shields since the site is having a sale, anyone here have any experience with them? if so any positive/negative feedbacks that you can share with me and also if they are good, should i get the universal ones or the pros (they label it for af1's but i plan on using them as universal).
Get them they are really good with the creases. I use the universal one's cause i heard they are more comfortable and i've seen great results from them.

Pros:

-Great for any shoe (Ive tried them on Jordan's, Air Max 1's, Air Force 1's, and even higher end sneakers like balenciaga arena's)

-Same Price as the forcefields that suck

-Very durable. I have about 3 pairs that I purchased like 4 years ago lol.. and they're still working fine

Cons:

Only con i can think of is the feel to them when you wear them. Now trust me, you will get used to them and before you know it, you won't even feel them anymore, but in the beginning, it will definitely feel weird.. Idk if that's a con or not, but that's something i noticed, but now I am perfectly fine with them.

In conclusion, Buy them. lol...

Get them they are really good with the creases. I use the universal one's cause i heard they are more comfortable and i've seen great results from them.

Pros:
-Great for any shoe (Ive tried them on Jordan's, Air Max 1's, Air Force 1's, and even higher end sneakers like balenciaga arena's)
-Same Price as the forcefields that suck
-Very durable. I have about 3 pairs that I purchased like 4 years ago lol.. and they're still working fine

Cons:
Only con i can think of is the feel to them when you wear them. Now trust me, you will get used to them and before you know it, you won't even feel them anymore, but in the beginning, it will definitely feel weird.. Idk if that's a con or not, but that's something i noticed, but now I am perfectly fine with them.

In conclusion, Buy them. lol...

Thanks :smile: I guess I'll go with the universal one then, the pro version sounds like they will be uncomfortable.

^ Since it's suede, try a wet rag only. You might have to dye it, but it doesn't look that serious to me.
I already tried dying it, it just shows up like that, and I used jason markk with a suede brush, no results 

So Im trying to repaint my infrared 3lab5 to this:

I was wondering what you guys thought I should do. Remove the infrared paint first? Or go over it with white/black. I have experience repainting midsoles but how about the jumpman on the tongue? My guess would be to repaint white then green. Any help would be welcomed!

Last edited:

I was wondering what you guys through I should do. Remove the infrared paint first? Or go over it with white/black. I have experience repainting midsoles but how about the jumpman on the tongue? My guess would be to repaint white then green. Any help would be welcomed!
For the midsole, strip give it a coat of white for primer, and then do what you gotta do with the black and the green.

for the tongue, i think you're gonna have to dye it.

Like clear soles, white patent leather yellows naturally over time. I don't know how to fix it but just so you know it will happen again even if you do.
I said I never even wore them[emoji]128530[/emoji]
Whether or not you wore them is irrelevant. Whether or not you will wear them is irrelevant.

It will happen anyways and if/when you fix the discoloration it will eventually happen again.

Whether or not you wore them is irrelevant. Whether or not you will wear them is irrelevant.
It will happen anyways and if/when you fix the discoloration it will eventually happen again.

Is there any way to clean it, I can't really find any ways?

I already tried dying it, it just shows up like that, and I used jason markk with a suede brush, no results 
You could lightly use an eraser and go over the spot... I bought a pair of Varsity Red 6's with scuffs all over them and an eraser did the trick for the most part then just clean it with suede cleaner and that should work if not then perhaps the suede part was scuffed of and if thats the case there can be nothing to be done..

Is there any way to clean it, I can't really find any ways?
You could sea glow the patent leather but It wouldnt show that much of a difference unless it was really yellow...I think it would be best to just to wear out the kicks if thats what your planning and when the time comes where the patent leather is more yellow then to sea glow it.

I was wondering what you guys through I should do. Remove the infrared paint first? Or go over it with white/black. I have experience repainting midsoles but how about the jumpman on the tongue? My guess would be to repaint white then green. Any help would be welcomed!

For the tongue, your best bet is to get an Angelus fine tip dye pen & try it that way.

Back
Top Bottom