:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

suede eraser runs about 6-7 bucks. i know footaction has friends and family sale going on this weekend. if you can cop one of those coupons, you can get 30%off the eraser. be gentle with it though, if you rub too hard you'll start to wear away at the suede/nubuck area and make holes in your shoes.

^ damn that sounds pretty bad haha thanks a lot man i appreciate it. ill go cop and rub lightly and they should be good. haha thanks to everyone for the help

pimpjobu, I was wondering if you can help me take the dirt off. I know i have to use sandpaper or something like that. Can you give me moreinformation
happy.gif

edgarvega4, man that is so funny 'cuz i have the exact same xiv's, same colorway. still hot imo
pimp.gif
. definately don't use seaglow for the fronts. all this will do is strip awaythe paint and start to turn it a blueish hue, not that sexy! usually for this, you would be right about the sandpaper. same thing happends to the front toeboxof vii's especially white. what you want to do is go to lowe's or home depot or anywhere that sells sandpaper. try to get the finest sandpaper you can.i think the finest grit you can buy around these stores is a 1500 grit. get the 2 finest sandpapers that's available. use the one with the finest gritfirst. that way when your sanding it, you can see if it's removing the dirt around the front of the toebox. if it's doing a great job of removing it,you won't have any need for the next grit of sandpaper. but if it's not coming off, time to move to the next grit of sandpaper thats a little rougher.you should see results right away, but don't be too rough. you don't want to gouge the shoes where you end up seeing deep scratches. hope this helpsout!

whats up NT, i got these flint XIIIs a couple months ago (recently found out that i overpaid), and wanted to know what i can do (if anything) with the beattoeboxes? how do you guys salvage creases this bad? any helpful advice is appreciated.

thanks in advance

flintXIII_03.jpg

flintXIII_04.jpg

flintXIII_05.jpg

^you can always stuff them and they'll look better
there is also a ironing creases out post in iss.

true, you can iron out the creases in the toe box. only problem with it is that it weakens the leather. i think the ironing trick is like using a pillow caseover the area that you want to take the creases out of. seems this is a persistant problem with xiii's. i only have 1 pair of xiii's and mine lookdecent, but they do have creases. i wear a 11.5 and my xiii's seem big on my feet, so i think that's a problem when i wear them cuz it makes the toeboxcrease more.

Just got a pair of Nike Air Zoom Generations , never worn, but the back of the shoe around the part where the sticker is is yellowing, ive read about sea glowor magic eraser. any info on what would work better to get that off or any additional ideas? thanks

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

edgarvega4, man that is so funny 'cuz i have the exact same xiv's, same colorway. still hot imo
pimp.gif
. definately don't use seaglow for the fronts. all this will do is strip away the paint and start to turn it a blueish hue, not that sexy! usually for this, you would be right about the sandpaper. same thing happends to the front toebox of vii's especially white. what you want to do is go to lowe's or home depot or anywhere that sells sandpaper. try to get the finest sandpaper you can. i think the finest grit you can buy around these stores is a 1500 grit. get the 2 finest sandpapers that's available. use the one with the finest grit first. that way when your sanding it, you can see if it's removing the dirt around the front of the toebox. if it's doing a great job of removing it, you won't have any need for the next grit of sandpaper. but if it's not coming off, time to move to the next grit of sandpaper thats a little rougher. you should see results right away, but don't be too rough. you don't want to gouge the shoes where you end up seeing deep scratches. hope this helps out!
thanks ill head out to home depot when i get a chance
happy.gif

true, you can iron out the creases in the toe box. only problem with it is that it weakens the leather. i think the ironing trick is like using a pillow case over the area that you want to take the creases out of. seems this is a persistant problem with xiii's. i only have 1 pair of xiii's and mine look decent, but they do have creases. i wear a 11.5 and my xiii's seem big on my feet, so i think that's a problem when i wear them cuz it makes the toebox crease more.
i found that iss archive on ironing out creases...who woulda known that board had something worth checking out....anyway, it looks like i mighttry that this weekend. the consistent negative ive read about this method is that it can make your kicks even more prone to creasing if youre not careful. ialso saw some youtube vids on how to go about doing it with a damp papertowel and an iron. i think its the side panels on the xiii's that make them thatsuceptible to creasing

Ive read a couple stories/ see pictures about DS kicks crumbling when you wear them. (AJ III and IV).

that scared the hell out of me.

I doubled up on CDP III's and IV's and I am planning to break out the second pair when the first ones get beat

I take very good care of my shoes so i imagine i wont break them out for a couple years.

What should i do to make sure by the time I unDS them they wont crumble?

restoring some v's- i need to see some pics of the shoes to give you an idea on what needs to be restored. if it's the usual stuff like the netting,clear soles, etc., then here it is.
1. the netting on the shoe yellows and it sucks. get some oxyclean. if you can locate the one in a spray, it's a lot easier to use. just spray the nettingarea and clean away with a paper towel or towel. depending on how deep the yellow is, the applications of oxyclean will vary. you should see results in alittle while, making it a lot better looking than before.
2. clear soles- if you got seaglow, time to start using it on the clear soles. apply it the same way as you would do on the vi's, xi's, xvi'ssoles. clean the soles and leave it outside for the seaglow to work its magic. remember, a sunny day is best. doesn't have to be really hot, just enoughsun outside to work it's magic on your shoes.
3. as far as the rest of the shoe, it just varies on what model you have and the material on the shoe. simple shoe cleaners, suede/nubuck eraser, mr. cleanmagic eraser are all great items to have when cleaning the rest of the shoe. hope this helps you as far as trying to restore your v's. if you can post picsof your shoes, i can give you more advice if needed.

question about your ds cdp's crumbling when storing them- well my man, do you plan on keeping these shoes or selling them in the near future? my adviceto you is wear the extra pairs around the house so they don't get stiff or dry out cuz you let them sit all that time. as far as storing them, just do thecommon thing of leaving them in their boxes and store them in a closet that's dark and not a lot of sunlight gets in. you have the option of throwing insome silica gel packets in the boxes so if any moisture is in the air it will be absorbed by them. the reason why the shoes crumble ( iii, iv, v, vi) is thematerials dry up from not being used. the air bubble becomes dried out. so if your shoe is dried out and you start to walk in them, the crumbling effect startsto take place. remember, the materials used to make the cdp iii's and iv's aren't nowhere near as good as the retro iii's from 2001 and retroiv's from 1999.

I just bought the 6/17 CDP for retail in an 11.5 which is what I usually wear, but I had to get the 11/12 in a 12, so Im not sure if they will even fit me!Anyways, I want ot keep the 6s especially looking real fresh. Im not sure how bad they crease, should I try using forcefields or a similar product (Ive nevertried them). Also, I realize they will probably start yellowing eventually, I live in Florida so the humidity isnt going to help. Is there anywhere you can buysilica packets? Also, where can I buy sea glow and how long should I expect to have the shoes before I will have to start using it to keep them looking as icyas possible?

^you'll be safe with the vi/xvii cdp in the 11.5. it's my true size also and it runs true to size. the xi/xii seems to run small, especially thexi's. as far as buying silica packs, your best bet is ebay. if not, try some electronics stores and see if they have any extra packs laying around thatthey'll give you. forcefields are really uncomfortable but they do the job as far as minimizing creases around the toebox. i've worn my camines manytimes and they have very minimal creases in the toebox. the only shoes i do wear forcefields in are my iv's and my xi's just because those toeboxesshow more wear and tear. as far as seaglow, island girl products sells the stuff. check their website. i posted this info a couple of pages ago. or you canjust google it and look to see where the might sell it in your area. if it's not available, you can order from them online. when to apply the seaglow iswhen you start to see the clear soles lose their 'ice' look. i usually apply seaglow after a couple of wears to keep them looking good.

question about your ds cdp's crumbling when storing them- well my man, do you plan on keeping these shoes or selling them in the near future? my advice to you is wear the extra pairs around the house so they don't get stiff or dry out cuz you let them sit all that time. as far as storing them, just do the common thing of leaving them in their boxes and store them in a closet that's dark and not a lot of sunlight gets in. you have the option of throwing in some silica gel packets in the boxes so if any moisture is in the air it will be absorbed by them. the reason why the shoes crumble ( iii, iv, v, vi) is the materials dry up from not being used. the air bubble becomes dried out. so if your shoe is dried out and you start to walk in them, the crumbling effect starts to take place. remember, the materials used to make the cdp iii's and iv's aren't nowhere near as good as the retro iii's from 2001 and retro iv's from 1999.
I plan on keeping them. I only bought two pairs so that when my first pair gets beat i will have a fresh pair to rock.

I was just worried because ive worn my first pair of IIIs and IVs about 20-30 times and both look VNDS. So i just dont plan on unDSing the second pair for awhile.

so just walk around the house with them every few days and they will be fine a a couple years?

^you'll be safe with the vi/xvii cdp in the 11.5. it's my true size also and it runs true to size. the xi/xii seems to run small, especially the xi's. as far as buying silica packs, your best bet is ebay. if not, try some electronics stores and see if they have any extra packs laying around that they'll give you. forcefields are really uncomfortable but they do the job as far as minimizing creases around the toebox. i've worn my camines many times and they have very minimal creases in the toebox. the only shoes i do wear forcefields in are my iv's and my xi's just because those toeboxes show more wear and tear. as far as seaglow, island girl products sells the stuff. check their website. i posted this info a couple of pages ago. or you can just google it and look to see where the might sell it in your area. if it's not available, you can order from them online. when to apply the seaglow is when you start to see the clear soles lose their 'ice' look. i usually apply seaglow after a couple of wears to keep them looking good.

thanks, but Im not gettin them after all. I had to use my parents card to order online, but my mom was bein a serious B and refusing to let me use it for like5 hours sayin they were ugly, I had enough shoes, I need to learn to manage my money and all that other bull. Right when Im done filling out the order form, Igo back on their site and the size 11.5 was gone and it was because someone else had bought them. Im so infuriated right now.......

Gotta questionn..i got the puremoney 4's,...and you know how the tounge has that checkered lookin material..well thats kinda yellow..( dirty )...any way toclean it ?

i have the white/grey/purple 7's and the front plastic toe part is turning yellow how do i turn this back to white?
would i have to sand it like it says on the guide?

kmn2008- yes just wear them around the house. i do this with my columbia xi's. it won't let the shoe dry out from sitting around, especially ifit's gonna be years before you decide to truly un-ds them.

pure money iv's- such a gimmick shoe but a good summer shoe. the "checkered" material that you refer to is the netting. try using the shoe gelcleaner first with the brush tip. that way you can get the dirty out of there. use a towel to clean away any excess cleaner and to wipe away the dirt. if youstill got some yellowing, time to use some oxy clean. just spray it on the area and wipe away after a little bit of time. depending on the yellowing, either alittle or a lot of oxy clean will be needed to clean it up.

flint vii's- yep, time to sand the toe box. just read what i wrote a page ago.

kmn2008- yes just wear them around the house. i do this with my columbia xi's. it won't let the shoe dry out from sitting around, especially if it's gonna be years before you decide to truly un-ds them.

thanks pimpjobu.

pure money iv's- such a gimmick shoe but a good summer shoe. the "checkered" material that you refer to is the netting. try using the shoe gel cleaner first with the brush tip. that way you can get the dirty out of there. use a towel to clean away any excess cleaner and to wipe away the dirt. if you still got some yellowing, time to use some oxy clean. just spray it on the area and wipe away after a little bit of time. depending on the yellowing, either a little or a lot of oxy clean will be needed to clean it up.

Thxx menngg...anyone know how to clean white laces ?..the jordan brand always has some laces made for the shoe..so i just dont wanna buy new ones..ut ratherkeep the originals..im thinkin bout gettn a cup..puttn water nd bleach up in it..and throw in the laces..but im not sure if they'll !%%# them up !!... anyadvice ehh ?
eyes.gif

^i just throw my laces in the washer when i'm washing whites. depending on how dirty the laces are. if not too bad, then a simple wash will do. if not,then put a little bleach with the rest of the load.as far as putting bleach into a cup with water to wash your laces, you could do that too. just don'toverdo it on the bleach so you don't weaken the fibers of the laces.

Just wanted to share the success I had in one day of a few hours with Sea Glow (right shoe is the one that was treated, obviously):

img1312ws4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom