:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Is it badd to keep kicks in ziplock bags and my melo 2s are in ziplock bag with silica pack mostof air has been takin out of bag there slightly yellowin Idon't want them too any more what do I do or can I do...???

xavier23- your doing a world of harm to your shoes with the zip loc bags with silica packs. your just speeding up the process of drying out your shoesbecause there's no way for your shoes to breathe. slowly your drying out your shoes to the point they won't be wearable. just put them back in the ogbox or some other box with the silica pack optional and store in the closet.

nycknicks105- the backtab on the iii's might be from the paint rubbing off over time or stains or something. would help if you had pics. but try to usemr clean magic eraser and see if that helps out.

nonshawlaunt- tell all your closest friend and family their's been a death in the family. your shoes are pretty much gone. you could try to use gorillaglue to maybe hold it together but the crumbling process is already started. maybe talk to someone who restores shoes and see if they can help. other thanthat, make a headstone for them and say goodbye.

what is the best cleaner to use on the white eyelets on the XIs?not the mesh but the eyelet material.thanks in advance

^oxyclean, rit, or barkeepers friend. same way you would clean the mesh tongue on the xi's. so if you're already using barkeepers friend to clean thexi's, just use a toothbrush or towel to apply it in the lace holders. just clean off any excess cleaner after your done so it doesn't harden up aroundthe holders.

what about rit does it work im thinkink about picking some up?can u give me some tips ive never used it before?

^there was a post about a 2 pages ago about a guy who used both rit and barkeepers friend. for the rit, just follow the directions on the bottle. i've usedboth rit and bkf, but i prefer bkf just because less prep time. feels like i'm makin' meth when i use rit! both are about the same price in the store,so you shouldn't spend more than $5 for both of them in target. my general rule of thumb- if the mesh and eyelets aren't too yellow or dirty, i userit. if really yellow and dingy, i use bkf.

this seemed to be the best place to post this.....I'm looking to buy a pair of DS air total max uptempos but before I do I want to know if they'restill wearable. If anyone has these, has broken in a DS pair, or has considerable knowledge about the materials used and how those materials respond to aginglet me know what you think. I appreciate it.

hey is it the just n time spot remover by bkf?which bottle?thanks.ohh yeah rit didnt do anything

I read on the first page regarding the Jordan V it talked about Yellow Armor All...Is that similar to seaglow? please school me

Originally Posted by cobrab19

what about rit does it work im thinkink about picking some up?can u give me some tips ive never used it before?
RIT works, but I used both RIT and BKF on a beat pair of XI's, and IMO BarKeepersFriend worked better.

But if you choose the RIT, just follow my instructions. I posted exactly what I did a couple pages back. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
OUChrisLitt

Thanks for pictures. I just got some SeaGlow that I'm gonna use on another pair of Concords. About how long did you leave in the sun for???

I know most people say as long as possible, but you seemed to get pretty good results for just a couple hours.

Any suggestions at how to restore the copper on the heel of the XVII+'s. I've looked at Metallic paint, and that didn't work. I've also lookedat Copper Leaf, Metallic Copper Spraypaint, Paint on Leaf. Not sure which one to buy, if any.

penofski- yellow armor all and sea glow are 2 totally different products. the yellow armor all is more of a sealent, uv protector. seaglow is for gettingrid of the piss yellow color on your clear soles.
cobrab19- get the bkf that looks like a can of comet. i think it comes in 2 sizes. just get the bigger can because it's the best value and you can use itto clean other things around the house.

damprid- i'm not sure about the long term use of this product. i thought of getting some but i really don't have a moisture problem where i leave.(no humidity in ca) i don't think it will cause cracking in your shoes. just read the directions and empty the container after x amount of time.

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

Thanks for pictures. I just got some SeaGlow that I'm gonna use on another pair of Concords. About how long did you leave in the sun for???

I know most people say as long as possible, but you seemed to get pretty good results for just a couple hours.
I kept re-applying for the course of maybe two hours I'd say? I just never let them get dry for the most part, ha.

Hey everyone I have a pair of DS IX's( white/black) and there is yellowing on the tongue. They are the 2002 retro's. What should I use to try and getrid of the yellowing or make it less noticeable?

Are wearing the 11's in the rain or snow bad for the patent leather?

If so, how would I go back restoring them?

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

I kept re-applying for the course of maybe two hours I'd say? I just never let them get dry for the most part, ha.
Alright thanks man. You just followed the directions that came with the Sea Glow??

I have a pair of cdp carmines DS and they're already yellowing...
Is their anything I can do to prevent that ???

Thanks in advance

I have a pair of Stealth 5's and i noticed that the stitching on the outside of the shoe is turning yellow
frown.gif
.. I was wondering if there was any way of cleaning it to make the stitchingwhite again? i took a toothbrush to it and scrubbed only the stitching but it doesn't seem to be too effective .. If anybody could help me out I wouldappreciate it very much .. thanks

Where do you guys store your shoes? I keep mine on top of my desk is this a bad idea? The sunlight NEVER touches these shoes and my room stays relatively cool.. The only problem i have is the dust but i have one of those pressurised air cleaners for the dust.. But is it better to keep my kicks in their originalboxes?

Any help would be appreciated please let me know ..

for the yellow stitching on the stealth v's, i would try to use rit and apply it with a toothbrush. scrub it in and i think it should be ok. just kindof like how you would do the mesh tongue on the xi's. that way it's not too harsh on the outside of the shoe since your not rubbing it in too hard. asfar as storing my shoes, they go back in the original boxes they came in and stored away in the closet when i'm not wearing them. i know what i have, so idon't really need to see them all the time.
for the yellowing on the carmines-seems you got one of the bad pairs of carmines that yellow a little faster than others. somehow the yellowing process on theclear part is being further enhanced. if your not storing your shoes in the original box and stored away in a closet, then something else is helping thisprocess. if you live in more humid areas, this could be a reason for that. maybe it's time to use some seaglow on them.

for the air bubble on the v's- i've tried to seaglow that area to clear it up. it helps a little but not much. unless someone else can tell me whatto do about this area, that's the only answer i can give you for now.

for the xi's wearing in the snow or rain- it helps to know what exactly the patent leather looks like if you did wear them in these conditions. shoecleaner and then use armor all or meguiars' to finish off restore some of the shine back to the patent leather.

for the ix's- can't really help you since i only have one pair of ix's. maybe magic eraser. other than that, i'm kind of out of ideas.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Are wearing the 11's in the rain or snow bad for the patent leather?

If so, how would I go back restoring them?
I found this on the first post:
===============
AJXI: The holiest of holies. We all want them. We all have them. And we all have heart attacks when something gets near them. The overall shoe, you canclean with Armor All. The upper mesh, Barkeeper's Friend. The patent leather, Black Magic Tire Wet. This stuffleaves the patent leather basically looking like glass, but it's also slippery, so don't get it on the soles.
===============

Has anyone used this on their patent leather 11's? What were the outcomes...

^you can use black magic tire wet, armor all leather cleaner, meguiars' leather cleaner, anything that cleans and reconditions the leather. premoistenwipes are a lot easier to use and come in much handier. as far as me, i prefer to use meguiars' only because i use the stuff for my cars' leatherinteriors. it leaves a nice shine to the shoes. only drawback for me is that when you use it on columbia xi's or any other jordan model with white patentleather dust shows up on them much better than black patent leather.

Back
Top Bottom