:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

for the yellow stitching on the stealth v's, i would try to use rit and apply it with a toothbrush.
Thanks for the response i appreciate it.

Is Rit fabric dye?

WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCT TO USE TO CLEAN THE BLACK SUEDE/NUBUCK ON THE METALLIC 5'S AND AQUA 8'S? THEY BOTH HAVE BECOME "ASHY" AND I'MTRYING TO GET THEM BACK TO LOOKING AS BLACK AS POSSIBLE. THANKS.

for the rit, it's not a dye. it's in a white bottle and says 'whitener and brightner' on the front of it.

for restoring french blue vii's, basic shoe cleaner. for the toe box if its yellow and dingy, sand paper.

for the copper xvii's, i have no clue on what you could use to restore them. wish i had more advice for you.

Originally Posted by bklynengus129

wat time of seaglow do u use

????????????????????????????????
roll.gif

sea glow for any clear bottom soles (v,vi,xi,xvi). depending on the yellowing of the clear areas, the amount you use sea glow will vary. make sure it'ssunny so it can do its magic for the shoes.

as far as the baby oil, i think you brush it in the suede area to git rid of the ashy look. don't know cuz i've never had to do this yet.

shoe goo is the best type of glue to use for xi's soles. it's clear and work very well. check back a couple of pages about this topic.

Originally Posted by tiger2325

Anyone know how to stop the paint on the midsole of the IV's from peeling?

Just wear the shoes less. This is the only way to prevent it. Other than that, you could always repaint them.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

sea glow for any clear bottom soles (v,vi,xi,xvi). depending on the yellowing of the clear areas, the amount you use sea glow will vary. make sure it's sunny so it can do its magic for the shoes.

as far as the baby oil, i think you brush it in the suede area to git rid of the ashy look. don't know cuz i've never had to do this yet.

shoe goo is the best type of glue to use for xi's soles. it's clear and work very well. check back a couple of pages about this topic.
sunny as in sunny outside?

^yes your correct. the sun acts as an agent to penetrate the clear soles to make them a lot clearer, just depends on how yellow the soles are.

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

wat time of seaglow do u use

????????????????????????????????
roll.gif
Do you mean "what type"? You use the conditioner. Check the website, it'll show you which one is the conditioner.

GESCOBE: You can use epoxy glue, e-6000, barge glue, or shoe goo. I have heard of these only and have yet to try them.

is epoxy glue or shoe goo work better than sea glow

are you thinking that sea glow is a glue? (seaglow is a product to treat clear soles and make them clear)
however, i think epoxy glue would be stronger.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Are wearing the 11's in the rain or snow bad for the patent leather?

If so, how would I go back restoring them?
I found this on the first post:
===============
AJXI: The holiest of holies. We all want them. We all have them. And we all have heart attacks when something gets near them. The overall shoe, you can clean with Armor All. The upper mesh, Barkeeper's Friend. The patent leather, Black Magic Tire Wet. This stuff leaves the patent leather basically looking like glass, but it's also slippery, so don't get it on the soles.
===============

Has anyone used this on their patent leather 11's? What were the outcomes...

ive tried this yesterday and i dont ever want to do it again because it leaves the patent leather slippery and it gathers dust and dirt when you walkeverywhere

Back
Top Bottom