:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

They fit a one size range, for example I'm pretty sure my pair said it fit 9-10. And my pairs are 9

Not really looking for a fix, but I was curious if anyone elses rookies had this? Just curious if theyll get worst or did it come like that new

Help! I just tried to fix the creasing on my knicks by steaming the toebox. After I finished, I realized the steam discolored the leather. It looks like it is faded and dry. What can I do to fix this? Leather conditioner? repaint with orange angelus? thanks 

Does anybody know what acrylic paint i can use to paint my 2000 jordan infrared 6s. I just bought the Angelus collector edition infrared but the color does not match up to the deep infrared on the 2000. Thanks

Does anybody know what acrylic paint i can use to paint my 2000 jordan infrared 6s. I just bought the Angelus collector edition infrared but the color does not match up to the deep infrared on the 2000. Thanks
your going to have to mix paint... I reccomed buying angelus red and angelus black. Mix until you get the desired colors.

It says its for older infrared..not 2014s..how many coats you do? I know i had to do like 4/5 coats with the vollectors fire red before it looked right

Yes. If the infrared paint you have is too light, add a little bit of red. If it still is not the right shade, you could add some black, white, yellow etc. it's basically trial and error..

Last edited:
Love that this thread is still going!

Not sure if:
a) this has already been posted
b) this would be considered maintenance more than it would be considered customizing

But this dude went FAR and BEYOND to get his cement 3's have the Nike Air on the back. Check it out.

hey guys, I just received my bred 11 everything seems to perfect except the left shoe

ill let the pictures do the explaining:

From the first 2 pictures the split looks big, but i have circled it in the last picture, its not that major

What would you guys recommend? Leave them as it is or apply glue to it? Will any glue work or is

there a specific brand?  Thanks alot, cheers

hey guys, I just received my bred 11 everything seems to perfect except the left shoe

I recommend this glue..it works wonders

From the first 2 pictures the split looks big, but i have circled it in the last picture, its not that major

What would you guys recommend? Leave them as it is or apply glue to it? Will any glue work or is

do not use gorilla glue. get yourself a toothpick and some e6000/barge. put a little glue on the toothpick to apply between the cracks. also have a wet wipe or damp washcloth to clean up any excess glue. apply pressure and boom ur back in the game lol

Anyone know how to get a burn mark out of pigskin suede? Got my supra Owens in yesterday and wasn't really feeling the toe shape. It was similar to how current air max 1s are so I decided to reshape it with an iron. I've done this in the past but I was a little careless this time and it left a burn mark on the toebox. I've tried an eraser and it didn't really do anything. Pigskin is pretty thin so I don't want to clean it too hard and end up ripping a hole in it. Any advice?

Last edited:
My friend's into restoring and hooks me up from time to time. He tried to answer all the questions thebest he could.
If you mean the rubber toe is separating from the toebox, then you can use a glue (gorilla glue, shoegoo) to glue it back together. Just make sure you follow the directions of the glue and to use something small to apply it so it's a clean job anddoesn't get on the nubuck.
RICO7JT wrote:
WHATS THE BEST WAY TO STORE SOME DS CONCORD XI'S...... I DONT MIND THE SOLES BUT I DONE WANT THE MESH TO TURN YELLOW.

Yellowing is going to happen any way you slice it. It's oxygenation, it's in the air. Just try tokeep them in a cooler place and out of direct sunlight.
Ironing a toebox is effective in lessening the appearance of creases, but it will weakenthe leather and make it even more susceptible to future creasing.
Repainting midsoles onthe III's is very common, but there isn't a common method of which paint to use. Some people use shoe polishes, leather paints, etc. The most importantthing is using LIGHT COATS. The paint is eventually going to crack (check your oldest Nike in the closet, it's a given), but you can prolong it with theproper painting technique.

Some people tape the insides of their jeans (yeah I know but it works) or cuff them.Waterproofing/stainproofing before the first wear always helps to make the staining lighter later on, and sometimes it totally prevents it. Cleaning jean dyeis always easiest RIGHT after it happens. Always start with water first.

Your best bet would be to get some white leather paint on your finger and swirl it over the scuff. Sinceit's such a small amount the paint will fill the hole more and blend in easier with the rest of the leather (unless it's a large scratch).

When 3M's scratched...it's scratched. There aren't really any tips for that that I know of,sorry.

There is no proper way to clean it, it's one of the hardest things to clean. Almost everythingdiscolors elephant print, it sucks. Water is the best bet, trying to lift the stain with as dry of a damp towel as possible (if that makes sense). Some of theother cleaners will discolor it even worse...be careful. There is a special cleaner, Lincoln E-Z cleaner...it works wonders, just follow the directions.

It looks like the midsole is cracking from the inside, but the picture is kind of small.

Last but not least, my Black & Red's carbon fiber is cracked. I don't know how. I'm not a heavy guy. I was wondering if there is anyway to seal that crack up in a non tacky way. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

This happens a lot with the carbon fiber plate. It'll be fine to wear, but if you really want to fill it I have no idea what to put in it. Whatever it is, use a tooth pick or something small to make it as unnoticeable as possible.

There's a spray for darkening suede/nubuck. Look it up on Google. Just make sure if you use it,cover what you don't want sprayed and USE LIGHT COATS, if you don't the suede will come out hard and sparkly...believe me LOL.

Water and a light soap, maybe a laundry detergent. Use the detergent's soap suds and a tooth brush,with that kind of material it should work well.

Start out with water and a towel/washcloth. Don't use a brush or any colored liquids on it. A brush willleave nap on the material. If you need a deep clean, use the suds, not the direct liquid.
PatentBoy23 wrote:
How can I help my XI's look sparkling? I've herd windex makes the leather crack, so any ideas? Edit: Sry I didn't see the start of the thread andI'm very tired. Any tip to get a similar effect without using those wipes.

There are specially formulated cleaners for patent leather that give it a good shine. Google them,they'll come up.

Hope he helped!
wink.gif
Need some help brotha. what kind of glue can i use to re-glue jordan 11 mid sole and sole. air max 1 clot aswell?

Anyone please help!!!!!

Recently i try to repaint my AJ4 bred, but when i using a nail color remover to remove the paint my mid sole surface be rough . TOT

May i know anyone know how to fix it?! Please !!!!!

do not use gorilla glue. get yourself a toothpick and some e6000/barge. put a little glue on the toothpick to apply between the cracks. also have a wet wipe or damp washcloth to clean up any excess glue. apply pressure and boom ur back in the game lol
couldnt find any e6000 or barge but i did get some shoe goo, the results are as below.

Any thoughts? Can it be done any better? Thx :D

you can find the e6000 in the craft section of Wal-mart if you got one of those around you.

looks fine. 

Last edited:
I'm also using E6000, but I don't think it's that great. I don't like the residue it leaves when its dried and I don't think it's that strong. When I was clearing the soles on my spacejams, I literally had to reglue half the sole after every 2-3 sessions, guess barge cement might be about the same, but I'm looking for a glue that can really take the heat.

Back
Top Bottom