:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

anybody knows how to prevent paint chipping or cracking... if this happenes unfortunately, how to save em immediately?

my fire red IIIs retro, Mars IVs, military IVs and aqua 8s all started to have these happen...
repaint?! wht kind of paint should i use?
anybody know how to fix this, please?

I THINK IM GONNA TRY THE BABY OIL BUT STILL HAVING DOUBTS AS TO WHETHER THIS WILL DAMAGE THE NUBUCK/SUEDE IN THE LONG RUN. ALSO, SOMEONE SAID TO MIX WITHWATER. DOES OIL EVEN MIX WITH WATER?

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

anybody knows how to prevent paint chipping or cracking... if this happenes unfortunately, how to save em immediately?

my fire red IIIs retro, Mars IVs, military IVs and aqua 8s all started to have these happen...
repaint?! wht kind of paint should i use?
anybody know how to fix this, please?
IM having the same problem, with the same shoes!

Any advice on how to get mud out of / clean behind the V's netting?
embarassed.gif

Just wondering...is it Bad to have your shoes out on a display shelf and basically leave them there till you decide to wear them.

for mud and dirt behind the netting of v's, try to loosen it up with a suede brush like you can get from footlocker, champs, etc. i'm assuming you havea white colored pair of v's, so after you get out as much as possible, get some oxyclean to remove the rest of it. use a toothbrush to scrub in theoxyclean but be gentle as to not rip the netting. after that, use a towel or rag to absorb the rest of it. repeat as often as needed.

for displaying shoes- no don't do it. your leaving your shoes out in the open so whatever elements are present will just speed up the process of damagingyour shoes like sunlight, humidity, moisture, etc. best advice is to put your shoes away in the original boxes after wearing and store away in a dark closet.

What can i do for the suede on these foamposites and is there n e way i can restore the soles to look a little clearer ?

thanks for the advice pimpjobu. just wondering NT, is it okay to use cut up shoe horns in your sneakers to substitute for not having force fields ordecreasers?. i juss got some new loves and decided to use cut up shoe horns and they feel pretty nice and seem to keep the structure of the sneaker.

So i just copped some CDP XI XII and before I wear em I wanna keep em fresh forever!! My main concern are the XI's. How do i clean the white sole if theyget dirty or if they get those really stubborn scuff marks? As far as the patent leather goes im confused cuz im reading some weird stuff. I just wana keepem shiny and nice lookin.

As far as the XII's go since theyre all leather what should I use?

Ive been hearing about barkeepers best friend and sea glow. Lemme know wassap.

Thanks

First of all, you won't be needing barkeepers friend since its mainly used on white mesh. and seaglow only works on clear soles or white rubber.
And if u wanna keep them clean, just wear them and clean them afterwards. use armor all wipes on the patent leather. nothing serious.

Originally Posted by bims92

First of all, you won't be needing barkeepers friend since its mainly used on white mesh. and seaglow only works on clear soles or white rubber.
And if u wanna keep them clean, just wear them and clean them afterwards. use armor all wipes on the patent leather. nothing serious.

Cool thanks thats what I wanna do. What do you suggest I use to clean the white outter part near the sole??

^if it ain't too dirty or stained, just regular shoe cleaner from any shoe store. just get the one with the brush applicator so it's easier to scrub itin and then wipe away with a towel. it's easier to keep them cleaned up this way, prevents staining in the long run.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

I THINK IM GONNA TRY THE BABY OIL BUT STILL HAVING DOUBTS AS TO WHETHER THIS WILL DAMAGE THE NUBUCK/SUEDE IN THE LONG RUN. ALSO, SOMEONE SAID TO MIX WITH WATER. DOES OIL EVEN MIX WITH WATER?

i just put some baby oil on a sock....then rub lightly on the area....dont put to much...it will stain the shoe.

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

Originally Posted by bims92

Cool thanks thats what I wanna do. What do you suggest I use to clean the white outter part near the sole??

Well, for my Concords, I just used water with some soap to clean the white midsole. If you want that whiteness, you can try using the White Shoe Polisher. Iused that sometimes but try to avoid the patent leather. This is about it. Good Luck.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me if it's possible to do anything about yellowing patent leather on Columbia XI's? Thanks.

Any way to get those white marks off of the red part of White/Red XX3's?

Also, how can i keep the bottom of my CDP XI's bright red? How should i go about cleaning them after each wear? I don't want them to begin to look darkand dirty.

I'll post pics if needed.

i thought i share some work i did on my cool grey iv's. as everyone know with these shoes and other iv's made around that time, the paint qualitysucks.
anyways, i decided it was time to repaint the shoes since this look wasn't cutting it for me anymore. so i ended up sanding off all the white paintareas for about 2 hours to remove as much paint as possible. i used a coarse grit sandpaper first, then finished off with a fine grit paper. after cleaning offthe area, i used my bottle of white angelus to repaint the areas. spent about an hour painting them to my liking. here's the results so far....
i also did the same thing to the toeboxes of my french blue vii's. i sand down the toebox with a fine grit. afterwards, i touched up with the angeluspaint. check it out. sorry about the big pics. hope this helps anyone who's considering doing this to their shoes and wondered what it would turn out like.

What product do I need to get to clean the tongue of a pair of IX's that's yellowed? And what exactly do I do?

Thanks

everytime after i wear my shoes, i would use a small wet blanket to wipe off the dust n dirt from the shoes... and then use a dry cloth to wipe off the wetfrom the shoes~
put it to dry for couple hours, then store bak in the shoe box.

do u guys think thats good or bad to the shoes? or it is unnesscesary? or i should just clean the shoes once in a long term?

all i concern about is that, if the wet blanket will ruin the shoes in long run?
any opinions?
thx in advance.

Originally Posted by jredmond3

What product do I need to get to clean the tongue of a pair of IX's that's yellowed? And what exactly do I do?

Thanks
I once used some hot water and laundry detergent. I brushed the tongue with a toothbrush and it became whiter. You can also try rit, a detergentwhich whitens material. But don't get it on any part that is not white since it will fade.

How do I go about cleaning the yellow netting on my Pure White IVs? Any help would be appreciated.

I read the orginal post which says to use Oxy-clean, but what else is good to use?

Back
Top Bottom