:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Thanks for the info. I've seen so many videos - one of the problems is I've never seen anyone put rit dye on retro 3's. Those stars on the toe might not dye very evenly.
what you show in your pic are just dirt caked on the sole. grab a towel and use the jason markk cleaner and get your finger nail into it to scrub it away.

the icy soles ARE NOT DYED from the outside. 

Last edited:
Footlocker nubuck and those mint cleaner is what i use for the sole. Those stuff are strong and can wipe away the dirt after spraying... Im afraid of using it on the leather tho. The mint cleaner actually ruined my repainted midsole. For the uppers i use jason markk and for nubuck i just use the suede brush.

no need to be scared of using the mint cleaner on leather, ive been using it since 2002 on dozens (if not 100+) of leather shoes and never had a single issue

and yes youd be very safe with jason markk on the toro 4, just follow that video. i saw that one and figured it might be helpful, but was worried that the red on carmine would bleed onto the white spots. this was not the case at all, as somehow the red holds in completely and did not bleed out one bit.

what you show in your pic are just dirt caked on the sole. grab a towel and use the jason markk cleaner and get your finger nail into it to scrub it away.

for dirt caked on the sole ive always just cut excess out with a knife, then scrubbed down the rest with cleaners and a tooth brush. i do this on EVERY used shoe i get before i list them for sale.

i have recently heard a new idea for dirt on soles tho, spraying with WD40 and it will help to break it down and separate it from the rubber much easier. havent tested it yet, but worth looking into. maybe even try on a beater before a nicer pair

Thanks for your input. So when you say it is NOT dyed from the outside, you're implying that seaglow type products should not hurt the blue tint?

You're right - these are a little dirty. I had scrubbed the hell out of these with Jason Markk about 2 days prior to these pics.  The toebox pic is definitely a little dirty. The heel pic doens't have much dirt. It looks yellow even after thorough cleaning. The bottom of the toe box also looks yellow (even when that dirt is cleaned off).

Thanks for the info. I've seen so many videos - one of the problems is I've never seen anyone put rit dye on retro 3's. Those stars on the toe might not dye very evenly.
Don't use RIT. The new formula is full of salt and doesn't dye like it did years ago.  If you're dying soles make your own sole dye. Get some neutral and blue dye if you want them to be blue. Mix that with some salon care v40.
This thread is missing a great product and thats RESHOEVN8R ong this works wonders!! Used it on my blk infrared 6's, and my olympic 7's!!
Reshoevn8r is OKKKK. They're using a really basic formula that I won't expose for their sake, but I give them 3/5 stars b/c they lack good instructions on using their products. Tbh...I did extensive testing on their stuff and brought a whole bunch and it got the job done, but the key is really in the washing of the shoes in the washing machine.  That makes some shoes look like new no matter what cleaner you use first. The best thing about Reshoevn8r are the brushes.  They have the best brushes IMO.

i remeber this video from 1 month after the toro release and it sold me, but i just never picked it up. 

and yes youd be very safe with jason markk on the toro 4, just follow that video. i saw that one and figured it might be helpful, but was worried that the red on carmine would bleed onto the white spots. this was not the case at all, as somehow the red holds in completely and did not bleed out one bit.
Thanks gents, repped. I've heard conflicting reports about putting any water on suede, but it looks like Jason Markk is the way to go if I need to clean them. If I end up using it I'll post a before and after. 

I think Jason Markk is not ideal because it does leave a milky/white residue after it dries whenever i use it on suede. I prefer air legends cleaner or lincoln ez cleaner for those.
Thanks gents, repped. I've heard conflicting reports about putting any water on suede, but it looks like Jason Markk is the way to go if I need to clean them. If I end up using it I'll post a before and after. 

I think Jason Markk is not ideal because it does leave a milky/white residue after it dries whenever i use it on suede. I prefer air legends cleaner or lincoln ez cleaner for those.
Big thanks man. Yeah Lincoln EZ cleaner is always brought up, I would probably trust that one more since it lists suede specifically on the bottle. 

To be very clear, the toro 4 and the carmine 6 are not suede and cleaning suede is a much different process. The help I offered above applies to nubuck material only

To be very clear, the toro 4 and the carmine 6 are not suede and cleaning suede is a much different process. The help I offered above applies to nubuck material only
That's right, I'm sorry for confusing everyone I forget that the Toros have nubuck not suede. Thanks again skep.

i use it but i wouldnt use it on my toros honestly
Perry since you've use the Lincoln EZ cleaner before what do you use it on mostly?

That's right, I'm sorry for confusing everyone I forget that the Toros have nubuck not suede. Thanks again skep.

Perry since you've use the Lincoln EZ cleaner before what do you use it on mostly?
eveytthing but my hevily colored shoes like toro 4s and powder blue 3s. also i avoid suede like on the ferrari 14s.

damn now that i think about it, mostly leather. works on all the 11s though, so mesh and cool grey nubuck. just not heavily colored stuff

Need some opinions. Think I already know what I'm gonna do but other opinions won't be bad.

A page or 2 back, I posted my new pickup - some DS 2000 Jordan 5 Metallics I copped that had a slight crack in the midsole. I was going to return them tomorrow and noticed another crack on the other shoe. Age is getting to them.

After I printed up the label and boxed them up, I kinda changed my mind. Thinking I may just keep them to have as a "collectors item" since they're my grail, or see if I can find somebody with a pair so I can do a midsole swap. Kinda in between decisions right now. If I keep them and keep them as a "collectors item", I won't be able to wear them obviously cause they'll probably end up crumbling before half the day is over. If I decide to get a midsole swap done, I have to find somebody very very good at it and someone that won't rip me. Then their price might be up there so I don't know.. 

Any opinions? 

Need some opinions. Think I already know what I'm gonna do but other opinions won't be bad.

A page or 2 back, I posted my new pickup - some DS 2000 Jordan 5 Metallics I copped that had a slight crack in the midsole. I was going to return them tomorrow and noticed another crack on the other shoe. Age is getting to them.

After I printed up the label and boxed them up, I kinda changed my mind. Thinking I may just keep them to have as a "collectors item" since they're my grail, or see if I can find somebody with a pair so I can do a midsole swap. Kinda in between decisions right now. If I keep them and keep them as a "collectors item", I won't be able to wear them obviously cause they'll probably end up crumbling before half the day is over. If I decide to get a midsole swap done, I have to find somebody very very good at it and someone that won't rip me. Then their price might be up there so I don't know.. 

Any opinions? 
if it were my grail i'd do whatever it took to be able to wear the shoe. I'd learn to sole swap for myself just for this project. it honestly depends on how much you love the shoe. ask yourself: do i love it enough to just look at it or do i long to be able to rock them?

Last edited:
Can I use spray paint to repaint nubuck shoes? If not what is the best method?Im trying to repaint these from mint to white or grey

Last edited:

Can I use spray paint to repaint nubuck shoes? If not what is the best method?Im trying to repaint these from mint to white or grey
Dying is always the way to go on suede/nubuck if I'm not mistaken. However I'm not sure of those are real nubuck or synthetic. Aren't those a real thin, tape like material? 

Dying is always the way to go on suede/nubuck if I'm not mistaken. However I'm not sure of those are real nubuck or synthetic. Aren't those a real thin, tape like material? 
According to NDC they are nubuck but they feel like synthetic. any suggestions on how to repaint this?been googling and found no answers. I would love to try dyeing but I dont see any white dye for sale.

eveytthing but my hevily colored shoes like toro 4s and powder blue 3s. also i avoid suede like on the ferrari 14s.

damn now that i think about it, mostly leather. works on all the 11s though, so mesh and cool grey nubuck. just not heavily colored stuff
Thanks brother, repped. 

PLEASE HELP!

So I know squeaky shoes are a normal thing... but my problem is the squeaky noises isn't from the soles.

*not my photo*

In that area I highlighted, that's were the squeaky noises is coming from. I feel like it has "excess" leather and it's rubbing against each other.

If someone has a solution, let me know.  I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

PLEASE HELP!

So I know squeaky shoes are a normal thing... but my problem is the squeaky noises isn't from the soles.

*not my photo*

In that area I highlighted, that's were the squeaky noises is coming from. I feel like it has "excess" leather and it's rubbing against each other.

If someone has a solution, let me know.  I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.
Try some WD-40 on it....I mean it works for the soles

Anyone know how to fix this the lil scuff???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom