:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Can this be fixed? It's just a small crack in the midsole. These are the 2000 versions. Want to know before I wear them/return them.

^ As far as I know that can't be fixed. And those probably would've been unwearable regardless if they had cracking or not. :\

^ As far as I know that can't be fixed. And those probably would've been unwearable regardless if they had cracking or not.
ohwell.gif
2001 deadstock metallic 5s. Midsole swap worth it? Or should I just let it go?

Got these 5lab3's with some yellowing on the sole. I scrubbed them hard with Jason Markk so this is as good as cleaning is going to get me. What can I use to get these back to icy blue?

Will the 40V cream make them more clear than blue?

Will sea glow keep them blue?

And will these products mess with the black stitching on the toe box? ( I know its not yellow by the stitches - I'm just thinking ahead)
The icy blue is a dye. Seaglow them first then see how you like them. If you need them tinted a little more, seaglow them with a little bit of blue dye and theres your fix. Careful with dye though you should barley need it. Definitely watch a few youtube videos explaining the process if you don't already know.  I use salon 40. I  like it, just takes hella long. I've never dyed a sole with it though, might work.

The icy blue is a dye. Seaglow them first then see how you like them. If you need them tinted a little more, seaglow them with a little bit of blue dye and theres your fix. Careful with dye though you should barley need it. Definitely watch a few youtube videos explaining the process if you don't already know.  I use salon 40. I  like it, just takes hella long. I've never dyed a sole with it though, might work.
Thanks for the info. I've seen so many videos - one of the problems is I've never seen anyone put rit dye on retro 3's. Those stars on the toe might not dye very evenly.

3s tend to not have an icy sole with the exception of Lab seriese and DBs that's understandable. as long as you get sole sauce on it it will work. as for stars i say just be careful  in that area. keep updated with how its goin

To be clear, did you add the masking tape to prevent excess glue on the upper? I have some reglue jobs to do and never even considered doing this. Care to give me some pointers on getting in the fine narrow areas? Tooth picks? If you want to DM info that's fine too. Thanks in advance

For those of you wondering, the foot locker store brand sneaker deodorizing spray eliminated the weed smell on the carmines completely, and I was able to safely clean the red nubuck with Jason Markk cleaner using the soft hair brush. No bleeding, no damage, just a nice clean shoe!

For those of you wondering, the foot locker store brand sneaker deodorizing spray eliminated the weed smell on the carmines completely, and I was able to safely clean the red nubuck with Jason Markk cleaner using the soft hair brush. No bleeding, no damage, just a nice clean shoe!
haha why ruin a lovley smell? lol im kidding but you just gave me the final confirmation i needed to purchase some Jason markks. i only want to use it on my toros and similar material shoes. I use Lincoln E-Z clean and it's the best product imo. but imma give it a chance, preciate it 

I also used it on the green glow 4s, same amazing results. I've used Jason Markk on everything but suede and canvas, both materials I'm scared to clean lol

This thread is missing a great product and thats RESHOEVN8R ong this works wonders!! Used it on my blk infrared 6's, and my olympic 7's!!

I also used it on the green glow 4s, same amazing results. I've used Jason Markk on everything but suede and canvas, both materials I'm scared to clean lol
This thread is missing a great product and thats RESHOEVN8R ong this works wonders!! Used it on my blk infrared 6's, and my olympic 7's!!
say no mo, finna buy it now, and i think i've heard of Reshoevn8r, but enlighten me.

I've heard about reshoevn8r but I think it's the only cleaner I don't own.. And Lincoln. I have a boom full of cleaners, and I always end up using the basic foot locker white spray cleaner for soles and plastic shoes, and Jason Markk on everything else. Haven't really given lair legends" or "ice cream for your sole" a try yet (and they were kind enough to send me a free bottle).

Well i saw some ppl using retro brote on the front runner portion of their 7's because it usually turns that off white color and i used the reshoevn8r sole brush and it whitened them like new.. I had let my lil bro bump my 6's he is 16 years old lol and he had them in rough condition when i got them back, ran across the 6's with the suede brush and they look bramd new!! Save my lil bro an *** whoopin'

I've heard about reshoevn8r but I think it's the only cleaner I don't own.. And Lincoln. I have a boom full of cleaners, and I always end up using the basic foot locker white spray cleaner for soles and plastic shoes, and Jason Markk on everything else. Haven't really given lair legends" or "ice cream for your sole" a try yet (and they were kind enough to send me a free bottle).
my cleaning producst as i said are the lincoln, works wonders and does all my shoes except for my nubucks'. im scared to touch them lol. for soles i dont use anything special, just salon 40. it takes LONG though. they say if you add oxy pellets to the bottle it'll strengthen it but im not about to buy a full container for 2 pellets. 

Footlocker nubuck and those mint cleaner is what i use for the sole. Those stuff are strong and can wipe away the dirt after spraying... Im afraid of using it on the leather tho. The mint cleaner actually ruined my repainted midsole. For the uppers i use jason markk and for nubuck i just use the suede brush.

Last edited:

haha why ruin a lovley smell? lol im kidding but you just gave me the final confirmation i needed to purchase some Jason markks. i only want to use it on my toros and similar material shoes. I use Lincoln E-Z clean and it's the best product imo. but imma give it a chance, preciate it 
Glad you got that smell out skep.

I have some Toro 4s coming in, may need to clean the nubuck, I'm a little weary of putting anything on there. 

Glad you got that smell out skep.

I have some Toro 4s coming in, may need to clean the nubuck, I'm a little weary of putting anything on there. 
i remeber this video from 1 month after the toro release and it sold me, but i just never picked it up. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom