:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Too lazy to check but are sole sauce's only for icy soles? Can they be used for Columbia 11 soles that have greened?
Sole sauces are used to ice up the soles, ive never seen a clear sole turn green but have seen them turn almost brown from age but yes can be used on xi or any clear sole

What's the best way to remove an Air Jordan XI sole?

Heat gun or steamer? :nerd:

Heat gun on low/med or hair dryer on high..depends on how much heat heat gun puts out

Might just leave the soles on them but I don't want the carbon fiber or the phylon midsole to get messed up from leaving them outside.

Do you get better results restoring the clarity with the soles off the shoe?

Last edited:
Might just leave the soles on them but I don't want the carbon fiber or the phylon midsole to get messed up from leaving them outside.
to do icing sessions? Use ziplock bag of ice inside each shoe to prevent seperation..you can make cutouts to cover CF for icing sessions

to do icing sessions? Use ziplock bag of ice inside each shoe to prevent seperation..you can make cutouts to cover CF for icing sessions

Think I might go with the steaming method to get the soles off. Won't have to worry about damage to the midsole or carbon fiber from being outside.

Heard that the midsole can get warped and make the shoes unwearable

Thanks for the tips. :nthat:

Sole sauces are used to ice up the soles, ive never seen a clear sole turn green but have seen them turn almost brown from age but yes can be used on xi or any clear sole
Thanks for replying but I was talking about the 1996 release of the Columbia 11s. The soles are much like the 2015 release or Legend Blues and they turn green instead of yellow due to their blue sole. Do you think sole sauce would work on these soles?

Thanks for replying but I was talking about the 1996 release of the Columbia 11s. The soles are much like the 2015 release or Legend Blues and they turn green instead of yellow due to their blue sole. Do you think sole sauce would work on these soles?
itll work or worse case redye them blue

Is there any way to remove this scuff?

What was your process!? Been trying to get rid of that for almost 2 years.
i have the same problem i used that salon 40 cream no mixture with oxy. It came out good. My grey sole was turning brown also. It brightened up the grey alot might have to do a couple more treatments. Anyways going back to the tabs i just did it 2 times for like 2 hrs each time. Looks great.

Does anybody have any tips on cleaning flyknit trainers/racers? Will water/soap work or should I use ez cleaner?

Barge Cement is not readily available near me I'd have to buy it online or drive an hour+ to get it which would lead to more money spent on gas & the product itself.

So I'm doing a major restoration on my columbias from '96 and I want to remove the yellowing on the mesh, will a mixture of white angelus paint and water, with a  ratio of 1:1 work? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom