:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Respect your opinion. Just thought it may be a more subtle shoe without the fat swoosh. Here is my amatueur PS. The swoosh outline would be fainter than the photo tho so please imagine it much more subtle.
I see.. Not bad at all as a rendition but I definitely prefer it with the Swoosh tho. It's a part of the design, it adds something to the shoe. Without it I've the impress that smthg went reaaaally wrong. But at the end of the day, just do what YOU like cuz it's your shoe, YOUR own style :wink:

like i say about anything that can break or die, dont ever fix anything that is not broken. Wear them until they die and then fix them
Thanks for the great advice! I'll follow it! But actually, I don't want to do it NOW, I just want to know more about midsole swap so I'll try to do it myself when needed. I live in Kuala Lumpur, and I don't know a real pro restorer (if there is any) to help me out, so I'm afraid I''ll have to replace replace the midsoles myself when they will crumble.

I see.. Not bad at all as a rendition but I definitely prefer it with the Swoosh tho. It's a part of the design, it adds something to the shoe. Without it I've the impress that smthg went reaaaally wrong. But at the end of the day, just do what YOU like cuz it's your shoe, YOUR own style :wink:

Appreciate your input fam. I'm gonna think really hard about it. :lol:

Thanks for the great advice! I'll follow it! But actually, I don't want to do it NOW, I just want to know more about midsole swap so I'll try to do it myself when needed. I live in Kuala Lumpur, and I don't know a real pro restorer (if there is any) to help me out, so I'm afraid I''ll have to replace replace the midsoles myself when they will crumble.
there are many youtube videos on the process and just take your time and maybe practice on other shoes, but i think the 4 has some toebox sewing if im not mistaken.

PSA------ After many hours of researching of the different types of shoe cleaners jason mark reshoevn8r and sole whiteners sea glow 40 salon cream and fabes or something I'm here to help you real quick after what i've just researched

BEST SHOE CLEANER: RESHOEVN8R BUY THE 4 OZ CREAM AND THE 3 BRUSHES Kit ($24.98) - suede soft - sole brittle hard brush - and all around brush 

BEST SOLE YELLOW RESTORE: 40 SALON CREAM --- Fabes is less efficient sea glow has way too many negative reviews on it

How the brushes work FOR EXAMPLE -- FOAMPOSITE METALLIC RED

IF YOUR USING RESHOEVN8R I DONT THINK THE 24.98 PACK COMES WITH THE MICROFIBER TOWEL BUT ALSO BUY THE TOWEL!!!!!!! AFTER SCRUBBING THE CREAM ALL OVER YOUR SHOE IT SHOULD LOOK FOAMY AND JUST USE THEIR TOWEL TO WIPE IT OFF... NO NEED TO DAMP A TOWEL TO WIPE IT.... 

Remove laces -- Suede soft brush for the area for laces tongue with mesh too

All around normal brush - use on foamposite material (on metallic reds their the red material all around the mid shoe)

Sole brush (THIS DOES NOT UNYELLOW BUT YOU DO NEED TO USE THIS WITH THE 4 OZ SOLUTION BEFORE APPLYING UNYELLOWING SAUCE IF YOU HAVE ANY)

Use this on the translucent clear rubber parts (SOLE AND THE SIDE WITH THE SOLE MATERIAL)

I know this is pretty dumb but believe me I'm new and I hope this helps atleast 1 dude cleaning foams that needs a recommendation lol... 

there are many youtube videos on the process and just take your time and maybe practice on other shoes, but i think the 4 has some toebox sewing if im not mistaken.
you can do the toebox re-sew or just leave the toebox alone, then remove the crumbled midsoles and scrape out the remaining bits with a putty knife or shoe knife. I've done both methods and it's more difficult to sew the toebox back without a sewing awl. Gonna bust up the fingertips using that needle to get a quality job. And for the members of thinking about doing something like this, save the thread from the toe boxes.

I've used Lincoln EZ Cleaner, A Suedebrush, an eraser, FTL cleaner, and my Infrared 6s are still ashy. What am I doing wrong? I've worn these 7 times max since they released in 14 :smh:

PSA------ After many hours of researching of the different types of shoe cleaners jason mark reshoevn8r and sole whiteners sea glow 40 salon cream and fabes or something I'm here to help you real quick after what i've just researched

BEST SHOE CLEANER: RESHOEVN8R BUY THE 4 OZ CREAM AND THE 3 BRUSHES Kit ($24.98) - suede soft - sole brittle hard brush - and all around brush 

BEST SOLE YELLOW RESTORE: 40 SALON CREAM --- Fabes is less efficient sea glow has way too many negative reviews on it

How the brushes work FOR EXAMPLE -- FOAMPOSITE METALLIC RED

IF YOUR USING RESHOEVN8R I DONT THINK THE 24.98 PACK COMES WITH THE MICROFIBER TOWEL BUT ALSO BUY THE TOWEL!!!!!!! AFTER SCRUBBING THE CREAM ALL OVER YOUR SHOE IT SHOULD LOOK FOAMY AND JUST USE THEIR TOWEL TO WIPE IT OFF... NO NEED TO DAMP A TOWEL TO WIPE IT.... 
Remove laces -- Suede soft brush for the area for laces tongue with mesh too
All around normal brush - use on foamposite material (on metallic reds their the red material all around the mid shoe)
Sole brush (THIS DOES NOT UNYELLOW BUT YOU DO NEED TO USE THIS WITH THE 4 OZ SOLUTION BEFORE APPLYING UNYELLOWING SAUCE IF YOU HAVE ANY)
Use this on the translucent clear rubber parts (SOLE AND THE SIDE WITH THE SOLE MATERIAL)

I know this is pretty dumb but believe me I'm new and I hope this helps atleast 1 dude cleaning foams that needs a recommendation lol... 

why the best tho?
ive cleaned all of my foams with champs spray cleaner for simple wipe downs, and Jason Markk when the entire shoe needed help (bought used) and used the standard brush (premium if you wanna be safe) and everything was perfectly fine, even scrubbed the lace area and the sock liner/interior of shoe.

just curious.. what research did you do for hours?
not bashing... just saying, sounds like you're just plugging the product.

I've used Lincoln EZ Cleaner, A Suedebrush, an eraser, FTL cleaner, and my Infrared 6s are still ashy. What am I doing wrong? I've worn these 7 times max since they released in 14 :smh:

not trying to push the product, but only speaking from experience:

i have bought (and sold) a few pairs of this same shoe, and every time i clean them before i sell. every time i use jason markk with the premium brush, applying with a fair amount of cleaner and water, and just scrub the entire shoe down. every time i have excellent results, and usually look like new again unless there is significant damage, which usually would make me pass on buying at all anyways.

i own damn near every cleaner on the market, with the exception of reshoeven8r (no particular reason) and i have personally found best success with JM.
best results come on the infrared 6, hare 7, toro 4... all with the premium brush. come out like new every time

edit: might i add, this particular shoe there is NO NEED FOR SUEDE CLEANER OR A SUEDE BRUSH. it is not suede, and does not need to be handled delicately.

Last edited:
i was stalking niketalks forums gathering info on each cleaner but all this info was from like 2012 or 2013 so i started watching a **** ton of youtube videos specifically for foams and i finally just ended up trying to get reshoevn8r nah im not a repesentative but youtubers like retrosnickers who do restoration vids use it and if i read a bad review on a cleaner (someone had a negative on j mark) then i avoid it so yeah idk it maybe took me like an hour or two just seeing what was the best cleaner and sole unyellower the main issue was that niketalk forums on foamposite unyellowing is from like 2012 or 2013 so info isnt really that accurate anymore so i had to keep wathcing youtube videos

not trying to push the product, but only speaking from experience:

i have bought (and sold) a few pairs of this same shoe, and every time i clean them before i sell. every time i use jason markk with the premium brush, applying with a fair amount of cleaner and water, and just scrub the entire shoe down. every time i have excellent results, and usually look like new again unless there is significant damage, which usually would make me pass on buying at all anyways.

i own damn near every cleaner on the market, with the exception of reshoeven8r (no particular reason) and i have personally found best success with JM.
best results come on the infrared 6, hare 7, toro 4... all with the premium brush. come out like new every time

edit: might i add, this particular shoe there is NO NEED FOR SUEDE CLEANER OR A SUEDE BRUSH. it is not suede, and does not need to be handled delicately.
so with the reshoevn8r I dont need to buy the suede brush for the metallic red foampsoite mesh tongue and laces? i can just use the all around brush? idk cuz their packs come with 3 brushes all around for the main material (LETS USE FOAMPOSITES AS AN EXAMPLE "METALLIC RED") 

Sole brush for soles hard bristle

and the suede brush is used for the black area on the reds where the eyelets and laces and mesh tongue area are and the nubuck area with the nike sign

the all around brush is for the foamposite red material

skep:: when the shoe is all lathered up from the solution and scrubbing how do you wipe it off??

with a towel?

what kind of towel? microfiber or regular?

is the towel wet with a little bit of water or is it dry that will just absorb the solution? im probably overthinking but i dont wana mess up my shoe

for the foams i usually just use the premium brush cuz its softer and not harsh on the fabrics. there have been a few pairs i have scrubbed down everything with the normal JM brush tho, the standard harsh one.

i personally see no negative in JM from all of the shoes i have used it on.
the only material i havent tried it on really is true suede, because it is so delicate and easily damaged by moisture in general.

every single shoe i buy that is used i clean before either keeping it or listing it for sale. i never sell a used shoe as is unless there is an immediate buyer (at a convention for example).

every shoe i typically use the Champs spray cleaner on the sole with the regular JM brush or tooth brush, and on the upper if it is a plastic shoe or doesnt need much attention.
any shoe that is actually dirty and really needs attention, i scrub the whole thing down with JM, including the tongue, and remove the laces and soak overnight.

just my personal experience. ive had great results from it, and will continue to praise it until i learn otherwise.

skep:: when the shoe is all lathered up from the solution and scrubbing how do you wipe it off??
with a towel?
what kind of towel? microfiber or regular?
is the towel wet with a little bit of water or is it dry that will just absorb the solution? im probably overthinking but i dont wana mess up my shoe

usually a standard towel, an old kitchen rag. sometimes ill use a microfiber, but i typically save those for my car.
i scrub em down with the brush/cleaner/water, and wipe em down with a rag shortly there after. no special treatment needed.
try it out on some beaters if you're generally concerned about damaging, and youll see how well it does. everyone has a beater they can test on!

Microfiber towels work really good for cleaning shoes. Use them on stubborn marks or stains that's where they usually work well.

Microfiber towels work really good for cleaning shoes. Use them on stubborn marks or stains that's where they usually work well.
I have an ink stain on my 11s midsole, do you think it would work? Or any other suggestions. Tia

Nope.. Won't work

Someone in the thread recently claimed acne cream fixed the ink issue in clear soles, but no follow up proof to my recollection. Aside from that, nobody has found a solution.

Last edited:
I have an ink stain on my 11s midsole, do you think it would work? Or any other suggestions. Tia

Nope.. Won't work

Someone in the thread recently claimed acne cream fixed the ink issue in clear soles, but no follow up proof to my recollection. Aside from that, nobody has found a solution.
What he said. And I honestly don't think it's ink cuz I didn't have receipts in my box. First thing I thought was mold but we still haven't even figured out what it is lol

hope this is in the right thread.  if not, please move or let me know so i can move to the appropriate one.  

anyone know how i can get these oil stains out of tonal suede?  i bought them like this, so they may have set.  if so, i was thinking of staining the whole toe box so at least its consistent. what should i do?  thank you guys. 

What is the best way to remove the midsole from a pair of Jordan 11 without shrinking the shoe?

Nope.. Won't work

Yo skep!!! Your familiar with Foamposites clear soles yellowing right? Well I bought some Foamposites and their slightly yellow (metallic reds) on the sole and I want to clean dirt off the sole with my reshoevn8r. I have my brush but is the solution with water and reshoevn8r going to make the soles even more yellow because of the moisture? And hot or warm or cold water when mixing with cleaning solution

Yo skep!!! Your familiar with Foamposites clear soles yellowing right? Well I bought some Foamposites and their slightly yellow (metallic reds) on the sole and I want to clean dirt off the sole with my reshoevn8r. I have my brush but is the solution with water and reshoevn8r going to make the soles even more yellow because of the moisture? And hot or warm or cold water when mixing with cleaning solution

ive never tried to un-yellow a sole, only clean them after every wear. it will take salon care 40 or other chemicals to get the process done. many tutorials here in the thread if you search, but you risk losing traction and potential sole separation. i personally dont care to try.

I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be. That said? I've been messing w/SC40 for a minute now.

The process can 100% give you traction loss. But? ..if the soles are literally only SLIGHTLY yellowed? You wouldn't be overly affected in just one or two sessions. Sole separation IS real, but? If you're using a light colored shield over the pods and under the plastic wrap, as well as, monitoring the heat closely? ..that's probably not an issue either.

You have to judge how much it matters to you to vs possible damage.

I have Gym Greens that I wore as winter kicks for two years before ever even washing the soles. They looked like root beer barrels by the time I decided to experiment. I've probably done 30 sessions on them, and they're about 8.2/10 to OG translucence. But? ..I was lazy and sloppy, and they're ice skates. They LOOK sexy, but they're ice skates.

I'll spare you details, but I was sloppy. I could have avoided way more of the traction loss than I did, but it wasn't my focus so I was lazy. Blah.

That said?

For, say? V's and VI's?
You can ice the sides and NOT the bottoms fairly easily. I haven't gotten around to trying it for myself on the clear netting on V's, so I can't speak to the effectiveness there. But, the sides and around the Vis-Air is zero issues. So, unless they're legit upside down, what you're seeing is icy.

And, it works great on white toecaps like Olympic VI's and VII's, as well as, the heel tabs on IV's.

If you do your homework, you can use the stuff pretty effectively for pretty minimal cost. Oh, I always used sunlight in non optimal set ups too. If you're using black light setups indoor I'm pretty certain you could increase results vs damage by a significant margin from what I get.

It's been mentioned many times. It's been said to me, and makes perfect sense.

Ask yourself why. Why do it. Shoes yellow. It's facts. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128533[/emoji]. What do you want it for, ask yourself. If it's for display/collection, or resale? It's probably more of a viable option. If you're wearing them? It's just a lot less viable. The risk vs reward of even time invested in the scenario probably isn't worth it.

I think there's a contingency of people who tell you just DON'T do it. Period. To each their own. I wanted to know how to 'fix kicks' just in case. Hop on YouTube. Everything you need to know is on there.

Back
Top Bottom