:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i think rubbing alcohol will do the trick

wait til someone else confirms before trying
That's a good idea, rubbing alcohol does a great job of removing stuff like that (acetone I find, is even better). I removed a bunch of sticky residue off of my Georgetown lows using acetone (they leave behind a bunch of it, one reason not to buy Sole Protectors). It can likely remove ink too. 

No idea how this happened but it looks like Sharpie or Marks A Lot on my sole. Any tips how to remo
and sunlight thats all. That ink has bled into your soles, alcohol might remove whats on the surface but it aint gonna get deep down in there.

Wish i documented it when it happened to me. Wheres homeboy who said he would try it out lol

Everyone keeps saying its ink but it's not. It's happened to couple of my shoes with NO RECEIPT in box.

It's inside too so I don't think there's really much that can be done

Could try Retrobrite.

The dirt that's gotten deep inside the translucent soles seems to 'come out from within'. And, if you're only 'spot treating' the side of the outsole you're not worried about traction loss or sole separation either.

IDK, just a suggestion.

It's cheap and quick to try, and if it bothers you enough to see them as is, probably worth a try. Blah. Good luck.

IMO I don't think it's the receipts. Unless you purchase from an old mom & pop shop that still uses ink, retailers have moved to thermal reicipts which "burn" the information on to the paper which is heat activated with the chemicals in the paper. Now if someone has more info or correct me if i am wrong. I think it has to do when in production of the soles. Everyone has tried different methods which usually removes ink in any other situation but with these clear soles having no luck.

IMO I don't think it's the receipts. Unless you purchase from an old mom & pop shop that still uses ink, retailers have moved to thermal reicipts which "burn" the information on to the paper which is heat activated with the chemicals in the paper. Now if someone has more info or correct me if i am wrong. I think it has to do when in production of the soles. Everyone has tried different methods which usually removes ink in any other situation but with these clear soles having no luck.
I think your right someone else said something about receipts not even containing ink. Someone chime in, but ya pretty much an unsolved mystery :rofl:

Is there any way to strip paint off of the elephant print on 3s? Previous owner did a custom and I wanna redo it.

Help!!
Haven't wore 18s in a year plus, got them out today looked.good, felt good. Then I felt air pocket go out, then the other within a few min. Took em off and see this...any help please!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom