:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I cleaned the sole of my Carmine 6s and instead of parts of the shoe being white again they are sort of greyish. Would Volume 40 Creme help make it white again?
Edit: here's what I'm talking about

Last edited:
So I cleaned the sole of my Carmine 6s and instead of parts of the shoe being white again they are sort of greyish. Would Volume 40 Creme help make it white again?
Edit: here's what I'm talking about

First time I cleaned the bottoms of my Oreo VI, the scuffing effects had left that discoloration. This is what they looked like after the first session. You can see that the white parts of the sole are clean crisp white now.

how can I store shoes long term if i am traveling overseas for 2-3 months & must leave them behind?

Can i just leave them in my closet for that time period and not worry about them? 

or do i need to store them a certain way?

Last edited:
how can I store shoes long term if i am traveling overseas for 2-3 months & must leave them behind?

Can i just leave them in my closet for that time period and not worry about them? 
or do i need to store them a certain way?

A few months in a temperature controlled environment won't cause any harm. How do you store them normally?

Does anyone know or have any tips on repainting the oreo 4s the paint is chipping slightly i asked in the oreo 4 thread but got no response so anyone know a mixture or how i can get that tech gray type of paint? Thanks

Can anyone chime in as to WHY there is traction loss when clearing up soles?

My thought is the chemicals are drying out the soles. If you remove all of the chemical, the sole should return to it's normal state, but the fact this doesn't happen leads me to believe that the chemicals are actually altering the composition of the shoe. I'm curious to see how these re-iced shoes hold up in the long run and if the outsoles crack or crumble with age.

Can anyone chime in as to WHY there is traction loss when clearing up soles?

My thought is the chemicals are drying out the soles. If you remove all of the chemical, the sole should return to it's normal state, but the fact this doesn't happen leads me to believe that the chemicals are actually altering the composition of the shoe. I'm curious to see how these re-iced shoes hold up in the long run and if the outsoles crack or crumble with age.

You notice how a brand new basketball has a firm grip on the hands then if the ball gets wet it loses that feel.

Same way

is there a consensus in here on the best water/stain repellent to use for sneakers? Something that works well for both leather and suede

Hey, so I've been trying to unyellow my Carmine 6s with Volume 40 Creme and I have received almost no results. I have done 5 sessions at 45 mins each because the Creme dries really fast in 96 degree weather in direct sunlight. I have not been wrapping them in Saran Wrap because I have seen videos of people using this product without it and still receive great results. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I go ahead and try a different product (0please reccomend me some)? Or should I just cave in and send them to a shop to get restored?

Hey, so I've been trying to unyellow my Carmine 6s with Volume 40 Creme and I have received almost no results. I have done 5 sessions at 45 mins each because the Creme dries really fast in 96 degree weather in direct sunlight. I have not been wrapping them in Saran Wrap because I have seen videos of people using this product without it and still receive great results. Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I go ahead and try a different product (0please reccomend me some)? Or should I just cave in and send them to a shop to get restored?

It takes time. Unless your soles are literally BARELY yellowed, you're not getting them DS translucency crazy quick.

Also? It's not just direct sunlight and heat that dry it up. It's also air. That's the purpose of the plastic wrap, to keep the shoe wet. If it dries on the shoe, it can cause 'bloom'. It will effectively stain it white. Not a good look at all. I'd suggest, if you're going to continue, to use the plastic wrap if you're placing them in direct sunlight, and definitely if you're putting them outside.

The stuff works. Maybe spend more time looking thru this thread and YouTube for more ideas.

Side note, I make my retr0brite with OxyClean, NOT JUST SC40. That could plausibly account for your slow results, I'm not sure. I'm not a chemist, nor have I ever made it without OxyClean, so I can only guess. Blah.

Tried searching the thread but not much coming up.

What is the best method for cleaning prime knit and boost?

Tried searching the thread but not much coming up.

What is the best method for cleaning prime knit and boost?

There's a video on reshoen8tr YouTube channel cleaning Yeezys. Haven't watched it yet but yeah. Besides obviously having their product , maybe it'll help.

Or you can forgo all of this and just get some Jason Markk and Sneaker shields and voila, you're all good bruh

Back
Top Bottom