:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone use Crep Protect sneaker cleaner?  I was going to buy Jason Markk solution but I saw that Crep sold a solution as well to clean sneakers.  If anyone has any sort of input on which is better for all type of materials on sneakers, lmk.

Thanks

Anyone use Crep Protect sneaker cleaner?  I was going to buy Jason Markk solution but I saw that Crep sold a solution as well to clean sneakers.  If anyone has any sort of input on which is better for all type of materials on sneakers, lmk.

Thanks

i recommend angelus cleaner for everything. now heres the thing. if you want a over all better cleaner go with angelus. if you just want to get something real quick at the nearest mall get crep protect or Jason markk. i used jason Markk and it works to clean shoes. as for angelus cleaner i have yet to use it but every video i have seen on youtube the angelus is always cleaner. the white shoes are always whiter. i still have jason Markk solution so i have yet to go with angelus. i will buy that form now on though.

also i have the angelus water and stain repellant and its one of the best and if not the best

i recommend angelus cleaner for everything. now heres the thing. if you want a over all better cleaner go with angelus. if you just want to get something real quick at the nearest mall get crep protect or Jason markk. i used jason Markk and it works to clean shoes. as for angelus cleaner i have yet to use it but every video i have seen on youtube the angelus is always cleaner. the white shoes are always whiter. i still have jason Markk solution so i have yet to go with angelus. i will buy that form now on though.

also i have the angelus water and stain repellant and its one of the best and if not the best
I ended up watching a couple videos and Angelus looks like it cleans a lot better than the Jason Markk.  I placed an order for the Easy Cleaner.

Thanks, repped. 

I'm new on here but I'm hoping somebody can help me. Just got the NYC 10's and I got the midsole of the right heel caught under the leg of a chair and it caused a cut. Any ideas at all on how to repair this?
[/IMG]

The midsole is made out of a kinda foam material (can't remember off head) best bet would be to get some clay fill in area and paint over it. Other than that idk fam

Threw on my Black/Varsity Red VIs today from 2010.

Noticing some paint chipping on the midsole and the peaks. Anyone else ran into this issue? I've never worn these all that much so was surprised to see that happening.

I'm new on here but I'm hoping somebody can help me. Just got the NYC 10's and I got the midsole of the right heel caught under the leg of a chair and it caused a cut. Any ideas at all on how to repair this? [/quote]
Its under 30 days. Take them back to the store and exchange them. They should not give you any issues if you havent been returning crap constantly. If they do call corp in the store and I am very confident you will get your new pair. 

Threw on my Black/Varsity Red VIs today from 2010.

Noticing some paint chipping on the midsole and the peaks. Anyone else ran into this issue? I've never worn these all that much so was surprised to see that happening.

Paint chipping is normal. Paint isn't flexible and it's on a surface that contracts and expands constantly so it's going to chip. Especially on midsoles.

Anyone have input on how to get a color match for the midsole on laser 5s?

Last edited:

if i wear my 72-10 11s and they get stpped on, how would i go about cleaning them? first pair of 11s i own
Baby wipes for a quick fix or Lincoln EZ cleaner if it's something you really need to scrub

A couple of people in here are also starting to try Angelus Easy Cleaner too so that's another option.

Last edited:
Anyone have input on how to get a color match for the midsole on laser 5s?

Haha I hate color matching. It's in my job description unfortunately. Start with orange and start adding drops of black and maybe some red. Too dark then add yellow. Looks like you'll just need to darken the orange some

Im not near a PC but maybe you can get a stock pic of the shoes and import into paint or whatever picture editing program and use the droplet tool to get the color and look at the rgb wheel.

so i have most of my shoes in my collection in my room but with the hot weather and my room becoming a little humid, i should probably take them out my room and put them in a cooler place like my basement right? the last thing i want is to have mold or something grow on them especially on the soles of my 11s

Can black magic tire wet be used to shine up the 2015 air max air unit? Or will it cause a problem?

Any advice for re-painting Black/Metallic V midsoles? The detailing on the silver flames/shark teeth and speckles seems like it could be a bit tedious.

With such a small area, I'm thinking I may be better off applying the speckles individually as opposed to masking it off and flicking paint off the brush.

So I ended up painting my black/metallics last night. Turned out pretty good, but when I misted a coat of matte finish over the job, the silver parts went from bright metallic to a dull cement grey.

So I ended up painting my black/metallics last night. Turned out pretty good, but when I misted a coat of matte finish over the job, the silver parts went from bright metallic to a dull cement grey.

Well you did use a matte finisher. It dulls the shine. A glossy finisher won't change it as much.

is there a way to clean stitching like this?? the sitching is darker than clean stitching,not a big deal but just wondering

?

Last edited:
Used some Black Magic Tire Wet on my XIX SE's and really made a difference on the sheen of the patent leather. Went from dull back to normal looking.

Makes it slicker so be careful to stay away from the sole. I used a rag for application.

Any suggestions on how to remove a zoom bag? I've got some on order from overseas and want to take this flat one out of these CDP XIIs to swap it.

I took the insole out and cut through that thicker fabric so the zoom bag is visible but it won't come out. Can't get a grip on edges either.

Back
Top Bottom