:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

A quick warning to those who have clear soled kicks

Grease and Oil will yellow your soles fast as ****.

Was changing my car battery yesterday in a auto store parking lot and stepped around in an area where folks flushed their oil and the pavement soaked it up.

Got home took off my Supreme 5s and noticed grease all over both soles quickly picked and scrubbed what I could off but a yellow tint was left over :smh:

So just a quick heads up y'all
'preme 5's....NOOOOOO!!!!

Hey my guys... I was wondering if you all could help me with solutions to clean up the red dye on my ewings?? Someone give me a heads up

I have some space jams from 2000 and the midsoles are ripped in half i was wondering if anyone know what shoe should i use for my donor for the spacejam. Iv been honestly looking all over the place and i just cant find the right shoes. Please help someone [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Bro just go on ebay and find a used pair of 2000's or 09's make sure they aren't in that bad of condition :smokin

Had my AJ VII retro stored inside the cabinet and this happened. I tried to clean it using suede brush etc but nothing seems to work. Does anybody experience similar problem?

Has anyone successfully completely cleared out clear soles, like completely all the way clear? I have some 2010 6's and i've managed to get the soles from a brick cheese color to a dull clear color but i was wondering if it was worth it to keep tying to clear. I've already done 4 sessions of about 6 hours (because its Portland and the sun has been a almost nonexistent), im just trying to at least get the yellow out, i messaged someone from youtube about the soles and he told me that it was possible to clear them but not get the light blue tint back 

Last edited:
somebody found the fix 1 time. i need it now, anybody remember? i think the guy said he bought the stuff at autozone. i know somebody knows what im talking about and if not have we discovered a solution for this? since it's in the sole i think Salon 50XOxiClean will get in there and take care of it, slowly but surely. but have we come up for a solution??

This is my client's problem and they're ds. dont ask they're my size and he will not let go of them unfortunetly lol. if we cant fix it he wants both soles either swapped or blacked out. 

Somebody one time said acne cream. But i think others tried without success. People say it's receipt ink but I don't believe that. If u find a solution lmk.

Somebody one time said acne cream. But i think others tried without success. People say it's receipt ink but I don't believe that. If u find a solution lmk.

What? So how do you explain the same thing happening to my 2011 Concords? I don't keep receipts inside of any of my shoes boxes.

I'd like to know what this is as well. I've read that if you use something to unyellow an icy sole, it's comes right back.

What? So how do you explain the same thing happening to my 2011 Concords? I don't keep receipts inside of any of my shoes boxes.

I'd like to know what this is as well. I've read that if you use something to unyellow an icy sole, it's comes right back.
Re read my post I DO NOT believe it is reciept ink like others have claimed

Has anyone successfully completely cleared out clear soles, like completely all the way clear? I have some 2010 6's and i've managed to get the soles from a brick cheese color to a dull clear color but i was wondering if it was worth it to keep tying to clear. I've already done 4 sessions of about 6 hours (because its Portland and the sun has been a almost nonexistent), im just trying to at least get the yellow out, i messaged someone from youtube about the soles and he told me that it was possible to clear them but not get the light blue tint back 

Hey man id say do atleast one more clearing session then just leave them the soles dont look to bad in my opinion. Atleast you got that piss yellow out... I might have to take the same approach with my '09 eggplants

:smh:

picked up some used nike sb dunk highs. best way to clean them inside and get rid of smell? I am currently using jason markk +  hard bristle on the midsoles and outsoles. 

what P said....
normal wear helps to keep the materials active and alive basically. when it sits around unused for years, it becomes stiff and dries out. normal wear helps to prevent this.
to answer your question about newer J's, thats something that I know nothing about. i would HOPE that there were some improvements made, but i would not give Nike and JB too much credit. my guess would be no... itll be the same issue around 2025-2027. time will tell i suppose, unless someone here has more true insight.
What's considered "normal wear"? I have a pair of 2012 bred 4s and midsole has some paint cracking. how often should I wear my 4s so the midsole wont crumble?

I have this weird streak of either glue or something on my AJ12. Anyone could help me tell what this is and how to remove it?

I have question. I have a pair of Jordan 11 bred Og 1995 size 13 and the bottom sole color faded away. The donors that I have are Jordan 11 closing ceremony so I am putting the donor's bottomsoles and it is also a size 13. Would it fit in the Jordan 11 og?

I have this weird streak of either glue or something on my AJ12. Anyone could help me tell what this is and how to remove it?
I have the same glue reside issue but its within the midsole-upper bonds of my J11 Legend Blues. Closer inspection suggests it a probable Factory glue residue... darn it.. Will it be safe to use a Glue Remover from Ace Hardware?

**** JB quality control, I'd leave it.

I have question. I have a pair of Jordan 11 bred Og 1995 size 13 and the bottom sole color faded away. The donors that I have are Jordan 11 closing ceremony so I am putting the donor's bottomsoles and it is also a size 13. Would it fit in the Jordan 11 og?

Yes, they have the same soles. You'll be fine.

Anybody have experience with using Jason mark products I have a pair of red Airmax 2015's that I'm thinking about just throwing g in the washer but thought I'd ask before doing that or buying product

I have question. I have a pair of Jordan 11 bred Og 1995 size 13 and the bottom sole color faded away. The donors that I have are Jordan 11 futures so I am putting the donor's bottomsoles and it is also a size 13. Would it fit in the Jordan 11 og?

I had an account on here back in 04' oh  the memories. I couldn't log on to that. Anyways, I want to be a righteous dude once again and restore my "Ferris Buellers", the nike Sb. What color of  acrylic leather paint would I buy from Angelus? On the box it's labeled as "Boulder" Thanks in advance for any help.

Back
Top Bottom