:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Has anyone experienced traction loss when using salon care 40 ? And is there neway 2 regain the traction ?

Last edited:
Can anyone point me in the direction of either Retrosnicker or John Monolo?? I desperately neee a reglue and those guys do a fantastic job. Any contact information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Has anyone experienced traction loss when using salon care 40 ? And is there neway 2 regain the traction ?
I've used Salon care 40 vol creme, angelus sole bright, and reshoevn8r's stuff and haven't personally seen a lost in traction. I've done sole clearings on 5's, 6's, and 11's, but i've heard the 11's are the worst when it comes to traction loss because so much of the bottom is that clear sole. But my black infared 6's have gotten 8 session treatments of about 4 hours each, and i haven't seen any slippage, and i work retail on a sales floor that they buff to a polish everyday.

Any UK sneakerheads here who can help me with finding some good 3M transparent vinyl? Trying to keep some shoes looking good on the soles. Please post some links!! Or direct me to a store where I should be able to find some. Also anyone here know any good traction pads/strips? 

How can I clean/get rid of this white-ish area where I already tried cleaning and got this spot instead?

It's from a suede eraser block, which I used to clean off a foaming cleaner spot which shouldn't have been used there on this material in the first place..

I tried proper suede cleaner and soft brushing, but after it dries it returns to white again..

Please help!?

What can I use to unyellow the netting on White Cement IVs?
I use Rit dye fabric whitener and brightener. Stupid easy..long story short just get a toothbrush after cleaning your netting first with soap and water..use the Rit dye on the toothbrush and scrub the s*** out of the netting. Might have to do a couple of attempts depending on your situation. Hope this helped. Plenty of videos out there too 

I have space jams coming in this week. What should I avoid doing with/in these?

Last edited:
I have a pair of LeBron 3s where the sole finally separated on one of the shoes during a basketball game.

Can anyone recommend a product/adhesive that would reattach the soles for basketball?

I've repped you for posting the link.

Personally, I've never used Barge but I've read many NT'ers have with good success.

Can you tell me which formulation you use? There's quite a few different ones on the link provided.

Super-Stik and Infinity are the go-to ones, with Super-Stik seeming to be the most popular.

Last edited:
I've repped you for posting the link.

Personally, I've never used Barge but I've read many NT'ers have with good success.

Can you tell me which formulation you use? There's quite a few different ones on the link provided. .
I just use the Infinity Cement, straight out of the can.

What can I use to unyellow the netting on White Cement IVs?
Don't know if you tried the rit stuff like the other guys said, but i tried it a bit and got lazy so i just painted my netting white again. Saw the vid from retrosnickers and it actually worked perfectly, but you just have to go slowly because too much paint on the fabric underneath the netting will make the shoe stiff. 

Haven't tried it yet.  Probably will buy both because I need to touch up some shoes I have as is.

Still trying to decide if I should just leave this glue mark alone in my 11's. It's very little but I have an itch of removing it.

Any suggestions? Pencil eraser, acetone, alcohol? I'm afraid I might mess it up even more.

Don't know if you tried the rit stuff like the other guys said, but i tried it a bit and got lazy so i just painted my netting white again. Saw the vid from retrosnickers and it actually worked perfectly, but you just have to go slowly because too much paint on the fabric underneath the netting will make the shoe stiff. 

if you paint you need GAC . idk which version number, but that stops the pain from hardening

^gac 900. It's a solution you use to mix with paint when painting surfaces that are soft like mesh, nubuck, suede, etc. Keeps it from bleeding after painting. Same stuff people use when dying clothes.

I know it's been asked a million times but has anybody removed this kind of mark from a clear sole?

Back
Top Bottom