:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Dude put them in a pillowcase and tie it up and wash them in the washing machine. I personally use the bra sized laundry bags from Walmart with the zipper on em. Cold water and air dry. Should be good as new.
I ended up doing what you told me to do. I poured tide detergent inside the shoes. They came out clean but the odor is still there :stoneface: I even wash them twice and air dry the 1st time.

I ended up doing what you told me to do. I poured tide detergent inside the shoes. They came out clean but the odor is still there :stoneface: I even wash them twice and air dry the 1st time.
so, smoke/mold/mildew smells are usually really tough to get rid of. inspect the inside of the shoe for mold (black) if you see if throw them out. if there is no mold in the shoe use standard febreeze along with a deodorizing detergent (reshoevn8r sells their detergent or buy something with odor neutralizer like baking soda from walmart) along with a little mildew spray remover. you can dump them in place of your detergent (mix equal parts till you get to your normal amount of detergent) and wash them again, air dry them. It can take several times of doing this to get rid of bad odors. I've had smoke smell take 5 cycles to get out of shoes. make sure you are fully air drying between washes.

Repainted the midsole on my bred IV, the black came out amazing but the white looks like ****

What paint did you use? I need to do the same thing.

AA6A773F-CFC3-4E8C-949A-405F8EA83455.jpeg
7A2C4EC1-28FC-4904-8719-9870ED8FB949.jpeg
A489D694-534F-4463-8800-9CCAF8C82F61.jpeg

Finished sole swapping my second pair of 4’s and overall I’m pleased. A lot of work to try and do it right and I learned alot from the first pair I did. Bought a pair of the 2012’s but that sole was too thick and wouldn’t work. Found a pair of flight 89’s with the speckled sole I was going to use on my white pair but the grey was too dark so i ended up using on the black pair. Fit was decent but they just don’t make a sole exactly like the 99’s. Wore them for first time today and unless your right on top of them you can’t really tell anything’s been done so mission accomplished.
F1FF7263-835A-4F19-AADD-BC4AA7D95F04.jpeg
D4A10D31-11EB-482B-B746-D7011A2352AD.jpeg
A2C386E4-F700-4BB8-9A44-9690AAB7473E.jpeg
8A9B8E5D-AA64-4750-80F2-21A61384127E.jpeg
D30A5783-EA9A-41C4-AA36-A9FA03E638E0.jpeg
5155529A-F5D6-4B29-9D47-0C3510FE602A.jpeg
FDC5FDD2-5874-47B0-A659-668127ABD20A.jpeg
A09D27F3-C9F0-4908-9F07-8DE937BEE72A.jpeg
6B3EF2E1-1C3D-4CD6-BB1D-509898B325AA.jpeg
1AAB821A-800B-439D-BF10-0AD6C1C66FE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Guys, I was unfortunate enough to be caught by HEAVY HEAVY rains while in my Royals. Now they are all wet from the inside out. How should I clean and dry them?

Guys, I was unfortunate enough to be caught by HEAVY HEAVY rains while in my Royals. Now they are all wet from the inside out. How should I clean and dry them?

any shoe cleaner you want to buy will work. dry them in front of a fan for 24 hours. make sure you have shoe trees in them while doing this. if you don't have them stuff them with tennis balls or something similar to hold their shape and to try to get rid of some of the wrinkles you might have as a result of the rain.

any shoe cleaner you want to buy will work. dry them in front of a fan for 24 hours. make sure you have shoe trees in them while doing this. if you don't have them stuff them with tennis balls or something similar to hold their shape and to try to get rid of some of the wrinkles you might have as a result of the rain.

Thanks, brother, will try. I suppose that stuffing tissues will also work?

The katrina 3s that dropped yesterday. I wanna get rid of the red and turn em into wc3

yeah, flat black will work but you will still want to seal it so buy some krylon matte finish. You will also want to break into the seal of the factory paint and remove their finisher, you can do that with isopropyl alcohol (acetone will be too strong) and you dont want the red to run, make sure to be extra cautious with your masking off the white on the midsole taking your time so nothing bleeds onto the white. use a q-tip with the alcohol after taping everything off to remove the finish, retape and then do 4-5 layers of black over the red, wait for it to dry for about half an hour and then hit it with the matte finish, wait for that to dry (30 mins or longer) then remove your tape and your done.

yeah, flat black will work but you will still want to seal it so buy some krylon matte finish. You will also want to break into the seal of the factory paint and remove their finisher, you can do that with isopropyl alcohol (acetone will be too strong) and you dont want the red to run, make sure to be extra cautious with your masking off the white on the midsole taking your time so nothing bleeds onto the white. use a q-tip with the alcohol after taping everything off to remove the finish, retape and then do 4-5 layers of black over the red, wait for it to dry for about half an hour and then hit it with the matte finish, wait for that to dry (30 mins or longer) then remove your tape and your done.
Thank you! Would you recommend the flat black or regular black? How would I know when the red paints finisher is removed? Do I go over it with qtip 1x then just wipe off?

Last edited:
Thank you! Would you recommend the flat black or regular black? How would I know when the red paints finisher is removed? Do I go over it with qtip 1x then just wipe off?

you can do either black, it depends on whether you personally want a glossy finish. kyrlon matte will flatten it either way. you can use kyrlon crystal if you use regular black and it will come out really glossy. the glossier stuff shows more scuffs/damage and bad paint jobs lol. as for the factory seal, just go over it once lightly. you should see a decent amount of red paint on the q-tip. it'l evaporate on it's own quickly so not really a need to wipe it down.

Last edited:
Someone please help me with this eye sore! I have this dark brown ink spot that's in the rubber of the sole of my 72-10s. I've tried toothpaste and Jason Markk already but it's really "soaked" in there. Any idea how to get it off?

51E3C3E8-C64A-4720-A536-CAF7B1B17B8B.jpeg

Can I use alcohol pads(70% alcohol) to take off the paint finisher or I need the bottled alcohol?

Can I use alcohol pads(70% alcohol) to take off the paint finisher or I need the bottled alcohol?

wipes would be fine for what you are doing, just makes sure you tape off the areas around the red so that you don't get it bleeding all over.

Back
Top Bottom