:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Someone please help me with this eye sore! I have this dark brown ink spot that's in the rubber of the sole of my 72-10s. I've tried toothpaste and Jason Markk already but it's really "soaked" in there. Any idea how to get it off?

51E3C3E8-C64A-4720-A536-CAF7B1B17B8B.jpeg
you might be able to retrobright it out. saloncare 40 and saran wrap and place it in the sun or under a full spectrum uv light. if that doesn't work then it's not fixable without removing the sole.

Help me out NTers. Of my “older” DS kicks, there are several that I’m considering UnDSing. In particular - 2007 blk/metallic 5s, 2009 space jam 11s, 2010 cool grey 11s and 2011 concord 11s. Would anyone advise against wearing these still DS kicks? If so, why. Thanks!

Help me out NTers. Of my “older” DS kicks, there are several that I’m considering UnDSing. In particular - 2007 blk/metallic 5s, 2009 space jam 11s, 2010 cool grey 11s and 2011 concord 11s. Would anyone advise against wearing these still DS kicks? If so, why. Thanks!

The Vs midsole might be in crumble territory, but I can't recall hearing of too many '06+ retros crumbling so basic separation is probably the biggest thing you'd be facing.

All of the XIs should be just fine; slight separation at the most.

So I took my banned/bred 1's (worn a couple times lightly) out of the box the other day and noticed that there was this weird glittery **** on the black leather. Anyone have this issue before? Googled it and found some people having this happen to them as well. Anyone have any luck getting rid of the **** though?

Edit. Also I checked my other shoes that are stored there too and none of them have had a single issue, just these.

So I took my banned/bred 1's (worn a couple times lightly) out of the box the other day and noticed that there was this weird glittery **** on the black leather. Anyone have this issue before? Googled it and found some people having this happen to them as well. Anyone have any luck getting rid of the **** though?

Edit. Also I checked my other shoes that are stored there too and none of them have had a single issue, just these.
It’s most likely mold.
I got them on my all black/varsity red 1s I bought from StockX last month. It’s on the midsole a bit too.

I’m also looking on how to help fix this. It starts to appear again as I wear them throughout the day

I got slight white residue and glitter on my 2016 Bred 1s. It's a fairly common problem especially for the 2016 bred 1s, must be some kind of leather spray or chemical they used on the leather in the factory. I have it, same thing happen to a few of my friend's pairs and of course others as you researched yourself. I just leave the glitter, it seems like hassle trying to get them off. The black leather on mine also had this white foggy residue that popped up, I wiped it off with water im not sure if its going to come back or not.

Hey guys! My concords have a large smear of some sort of substance. It looks like glue but im unsure. It looks slightly opaque. I was thinking alcohol or nail polish remove try and burn it off. Should I water it down or you guys have any recommendations?
IMG_4916.JPG

Went out Saturday night and stepped in dog s***. When I saw it the next day it was already dried. Cleaned off all the s*** but it left this pink/ red stain. Used dish soap and water, jason markk cleaner and whitening toothpaste and it did nothing. Any ideas on how to get the stains off? Was thinking 40 creme but not sure it that will work or if someone has a better idea.

Hello, I'm a new member of the NikeTalk forums and I need some help on removing scuffs on a pair of Win like 82 11's. I used everything from Jason Markk to leather cleaners, to DW-40, to even petroleum jelly in order to remove these marks on the patent leather and the scuffs are still there. Is there any suggestions?

I don't think theres anything you can really do about that. Just shows you wear your kicks. Same might happen to my 2017 breds down the line

2uo5qxj.jpg

any tips on how to remove yellowing of cages from white ultraboost pairs??
2uo5qxj.jpg

2uo5qxj.jpg
1. Use a Mr. Clean magic eraser with a little water and scrub away all dirt
2. Use sole bright with a toothbrush and apply light and even coats to area then saran wrap it
3. Let it absorb some light from the sun for 1 hour
4. Do 1-3 sessions of the sole bright/saran wrap depending how severe it is *wash with cold water in between sessions*

Hey guys! My concords have a large smear of some sort of substance. It looks like glue but im unsure. It looks slightly opaque. I was thinking alcohol or nail polish remove try and burn it off. Should I water it down or you guys have any recommendations?
IMG_4916.JPG

Try Armor All-Surface wipes

E0F1A86C-80DC-4232-9161-3308006FD2AA.jpeg
Someone please help me. Someone with experience and knowledge. Ok here we go I was walking up a Main Street in ny and I accidentally stuck the toe area of my sneaker in some kind of a dip in the side walk and a small portion of the white sole came apart from the shoe. How can I fix it?

Attachments

• A68EA31D-94D0-4412-AC08-E39D03A80B6C.jpeg
    A68EA31D-94D0-4412-AC08-E39D03A80B6C.jpeg
    534.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Someone please help me. Someone with experience and knowledge. Ok here we go I was walking up a Main Street in ny and I accidentally stuck the toe area of my sneaker in some kind of a dip in the side walk and a small portion of the white sole came apart from the shoe. How can I fix it?

Take a pic of it so we know what we're working with, lol

I did let me know

Alright, did you kept the piece of the shoe that was out? If yes, get this thing called cement glue and apply the missing piece to the shoe with strong but even pressure on the shoe so it'll bond. If no, you can try using a donor piece from another pair of shoes but make sure you don't mind taking apart of this part of this donor pair and you measure correctly before placing the piece on it, you're gonna use an exacto knife to cut it out.

Back
Top Bottom