:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I think my pure money 4s netting is starting to yellow a little bit. What's the best way to restore them to icey white without painting?

I think my pure money 4s netting is starting to yellow a little bit. What's the best way to restore them to icey white without painting?

no option without painting, I've literally tried everything and once it starts to yellow painting is it. if you want to keep it looking factory airbrushing it is best.

Have you tried this?

doesn't work, if you look at his before and after you can see it's dirt and staining not yellowing that it's fixing, read the comments on the video. retro himself has other videos showing painting of the netting. Rit works for dirt and minor stains not yellowing as it's basically a bleach based cleaner.

Hey guys, can someone give me some recommendations on any shops/people that offer sneaker restoration services? Mainly looking to get some repainting/re-dyeing done one some shoes. I've done a quick search for some (i.e. Queen City Sneaker Restorations, Proof Culture, etc.), but not sure how doing business with any of them is like. Any recommendations and testimonials would be greatly appreciated!

Y’all think if I touch this up with angleus paint it’ll look new? Or will it look painted?

Attachments

• AEFCC849-5A8D-443F-B412-F6A8AFD737B9.jpeg
    AEFCC849-5A8D-443F-B412-F6A8AFD737B9.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 30

Gotta paint them
I tried toothpaste....nothing
I even tried that rit whitening brightener....also nothing
I used angelus flat white paint
It came out really good
You gotta be careful if you don’t wanna get paint on the mesh
But if you do it’s not a big deal
It dries pretty quickly and you can barely notice it
You could paint the mesh and netting if you wanted too

I'm new to Nike Talk and this seems like an easy fix, but want expert advice. I've had my Air Tech Challenge III's for about a year and the fabric on the insoles are starting to pull apart. What is the best remedy to "fix" these? Thanks!

IMG_2975.JPG

I'm new to Nike Talk and this seems like an easy fix, but want expert advice. I've had my Air Tech Challenge III's for about a year and the fabric on the insoles are starting to pull apart. What is the best remedy to "fix" these? Thanks!

IMG_2975.JPG

fabric glue would work well. most other types could/will discolor.

I got this pair of sneakers that has bad odor. I tried cleaning it and scrubbing it down and still no luck. I'm at the point of just throwing them in a washing machine but don't want to ruin them. Is there a place where I can bring them and have them clean, and how much would it cost me?

I got this pair of sneakers that has bad odor. I tried cleaning it and scrubbing it down and still no luck. I'm at the point of just throwing them in a washing machine but don't want to ruin them. Is there a place where I can bring them and have them clean, and how much would it cost me?

Dude put them in a pillowcase and tie it up and wash them in the washing machine. I personally use the bra sized laundry bags from Walmart with the zipper on em. Cold water and air dry. Should be good as new.

This pertains more to customizing. What's the best method to dye solid oursoles? They're white Air Max Plus.

Also any methods to dye or paint the hard plastic midfoot shank and maintain translucency so the texture underneath is still visible?

Couple of questions,

How do you get the yellowing off of mesh on cement 4s? Tried sea glow and didn't work. Should I repaint? If so with which angelus paint?

Second, how do you get a scratch (not a scuff mark) off of gamma blue 11s patent leather?

Thanks!

Couple of questions,

How do you get the yellowing off of mesh on cement 4s? Tried sea glow and didn't work. Should I repaint? If so with which angelus paint?

Second, how do you get a scratch (not a scuff mark) off of gamma blue 11s patent leather?

Thanks!

yellowing on netting doesn't come off, has to be painted. angelus flat white, if you have access to an airbrush that would be best. if not just get to painting and do thin coats until you don't see it anymore.

if the surface of the patent leather is rough then there isn't much you can do. you can use hand sanitizer on it to see if it reduces what is visible. you can try a leather repair kit then follow it up with angelus black paint and a clear finisher but i bet it would look like crap.

yellowing on netting doesn't come off, has to be painted. angelus flat white, if you have access to an airbrush that would be best. if not just get to painting and do thin coats until you don't see it anymore.

if the surface of the patent leather is rough then there isn't much you can do. you can use hand sanitizer on it to see if it reduces what is visible. you can try a leather repair kit then follow it up with angelus black paint and a clear finisher but i bet it would look like crap.

Thanks for the info! I'll just live with the scratch on the 11s. I bought this Angelus paint:

Amazon product ASIN B00HQ53QA8
Is that ok or do I 100% have to buy the flat white?

Angelus says the white is glossier and has a bit of shine to it
Flat white is duller and more of a matte finish to it

Back
Top Bottom