:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Honestly never tried unyellowing the nets. I thought about it but wasn't too sure either. Have you tried deoxidizing them? When I asked the homie he said that he was afraid to try it as well because the salon care could mess up the material around the netting or even underneath the netting. So prep work would be crucial trying to unyellow the nets. Wish I had some 5s I can just experiment with lol.

But ya all I've seen is people repainting the nets with either an airbrush or by hand which is extremely tedious.
It must be the material because the top 2-3 most popular shoe restorers on Youtube say they can't really ice it with any kind of sauce. At least in all of the videos I've watched.

It must be the material because the top 2-3 most popular shoe restorers on Youtube say they can't really ice it with any kind of sauce. At least in all of the videos I've watched.
You talking about Vick and Manalo?

Yeah it must be made with a different material than what the sole is made of and for some reason nearly impossible to deoxidize. Sucks. I’m personally cool with painting the clear netting but say if you wanted to unyellow some netting for a pair to resell.....yeah....

saw one video by retrosnickers posted YEARS ago claiming to have done it but DIDNT show the process at all which was kinda sketch. Idk. I wish there was a way.

Yeah it must be made with a different material than what the sole is made of and for some reason nearly impossible to deoxidize. Sucks. I’m personally cool with painting the clear netting but say if you wanted to unyellow some netting for a pair to resell.....yeah....

saw one video by retrosnickers posted YEARS ago claiming to have done it but DIDNT show the process at all which was kinda sketch. Idk. I wish there was a way.
Yea, those two guys mainly.

Yea, Ive seen a video too by retrosnickers that claimed the same but didn't show the process. He's done that with other stuff too.

does anyone know if you can wash shoes in any type of washing machines or which machines are the best?.

top load or commercial??

It's been forever since I been in here. I have quite a bit to fix since I've been putting off stuff. But here are my restored 2004 Olympic Jordan 7s. Got em for a good price and had to put em back to wear with my home and away dream team shorts...

I'll post more projects as I complete them.

20200810_002555.jpg

Attachments

• 20200824_205257.jpg
    20200824_205257.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200824_205305.jpg
    20200824_205305.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200824_205248.jpg
    20200824_205248.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200824_205855.jpg
    20200824_205855.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200824_205317.jpg
    20200824_205317.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200824_205324.jpg
    20200824_205324.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 89
does anyone know if you can wash shoes in any type of washing machines or which machines are the best?.

top load or commercial??
I don’t recommend using a washing machine. But if you’re going to I don’t think it matters much what type it is. What matters is first of all never putting them in the dryer. As far as washing them put them in a pillowcase or mesh laundry bag and wash on cold. I would do a preliminary cleaning and get all the debris off first and then use a pillowcase to put one shoe in and another pillowcase for the other shoe. And use a rubber band or tie a knot on the end to make sure they don’t come out. But I wouldn’t use a washing machine. Scroll back a page or two for why.
It's been forever since I been in here. I have quite a bit to fix since I've been putting off stuff. But here are my restored 2004 Olympic Jordan 7s. Got em for a good price and had to put em back to wear with my home and away dream team shorts...

I'll post more projects as I complete them.

20200810_002555.jpg
Niiiice. I copped 3 pairs of those back in 04. Love the 7 and love that cw

I’ve got a Pair of Flu Game ‘03’s and the sole is falling off. Other then that they’re brand new. Who would you guys recommend for a re glue

Let my daughter wear these awhile before school started because I was afraid she was gonna damn near outgrow them

434D0B53-E5E1-44BA-89C7-0EE0A7B31EC4.jpeg

Not really trying to invest much time or put much effort into cleaning them so I was thinking about throwing them in the wash

yay or nay?

Let my daughter wear these awhile before school started because I was afraid she was gonna damn near outgrow them

434D0B53-E5E1-44BA-89C7-0EE0A7B31EC4.jpeg

Not really trying to invest much time or put much effort into cleaning them so I was thinking about throwing them in the wash

yay or nay?
I don't like doing leather in the washer but if you want to, just make sure you do cold water and let them air dry (indoors if you're in a hot climate). Don't use the dryer. Any kind of heat will shrink them.

Any help?
I’m not sure but I would look on YouTube for help if it was me for sole swaps to see how to reglue. And maybe practice on beaters. But that will take time. Barge infinity cement is the most popular glue pretty sure and I got it on amazon.

But not sure at all who you could send them to to have them done by an expert or whatever. Seems like Instagram is the place to find the goood restoration guys.

I am curious who would you guys send your shoes to for a reglue? Or work done in general? I’m more of a DIYer but if I had some valuable grails that I would want a pro to work on it would be nice to know who’s the bees knees. Guess I should research it myself.

Did retrosnikers fund a new channel?? Seems like it's been ages since he last posted.

so has anyone taken things back to where all of this sole icing started and tried Sea Glow on the netting. if anything would work that would be the best product to try.

I've been seeing questions about fixing netting... Seaglow doesn't work. It's been widely believed that it's an unfixable problem. I think one method you could try is getting an adhesive promoter and (carefully) painting the area white to restore it. It's the only method that makes sense when you think about it. I have yet to try it, so idk.

I've been seeing questions about fixing netting... Seaglow doesn't work. It's been widely believed that it's an unfixable problem. I think one method you could try is getting an adhesive promoter and (carefully) painting the area white to restore it. It's the only method that makes sense when you think about it. I have yet to try it, so idk.

I agree with this method. This probably makes the most sense. I've only seen other restorers paint it

Anyone know of how to remove Reflective 3M stains - looks like factory glue. Tried Acetone, Non-Acetone remover, Alcohol, Goo Gone, and Nubuck Eraser. (I've tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on 3M before on another shoe and it cracked and peeled)

Attachments

• IMG_7241.jpg
    IMG_7241.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 152
Anyone know of how to remove Reflective 3M stains - looks like factory glue. Tried Acetone, Non-Acetone remover, Alcohol, Goo Gone, and Nubuck Eraser. (I've tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on 3M before on another shoe and it cracked and peeled)
You can try a glue residue eraser, they have them at some Dollar Trees in the arts & crafts section. It's just a piece of textured rubber, but it shouldn't damage the 3M if you do it gently.

NtM1.png

NtM2.png

NtM3.png

NtM4.png

Finished both left shoes with the right Home then Away not too far behind. HD shots once full set is complete, did i do my first full restorations justice or destroy some grail's?

p.s. Sheen is from UV coat which takes a day or two to dry but the front shank is finished in Satin as opposed to Gloss which i felt complimented the overall aesthetic better and uppers Matte finish.

Back
Top Bottom