:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Nope no bleeding
Ok just had to verify as theres an additional step i would recommend to lock in the dye so it doesnt seep. Some of the more recent releases such as the Carmines have had bleeding issues due to the fabric not being treated.

Anywho going from there if it were me id first give a full overnight soak a go
( In your case Rit wont be necessary )
which can be reviewed here:

If that didnt get the white exactly where id like theres a process to add bluing here:

Lastly if that isnt hitting the spot id likely go with a 1:1 split of White paint and GAC 900 which does really damn good on nylon while maintaining its natural texture.

Feel free to post additional questions for further guidance.

Ok just had to verify as theres an additional step i would recommend to lock in the dye so it doesnt seep. Some of the more recent releases such as the Carmines have had bleeding issues due to the fabric not being treated.

Anywho going from there if it were me id first give a full overnight soak a go
( In your case Rit wont be necessary )
which can be reviewed here:

If that didnt get the white exactly where id like theres a process to add bluing here:

Lastly if that isnt hitting the spot id likely go with a 1:1 split of White paint and GAC 900 which does really damn good on nylon while maintaining its natural texture.

Feel free to post additional questions for further guidance.
Awesome! Thanks man! Ill definitely take a look into these methods

Do any nters know of any sneaker (shoe) cobbler that does online and mail in service? Need some DS Penny 2 that need maybe a little work? TIA!
IMG_20220316_012554__01.jpg

Do any nters know of any sneaker (shoe) cobbler that does online and mail in service? Need some DS Penny 2 that need maybe a little work? TIA!
IMG_20220316_012554__01.jpg
So sexy,
what work needs be done on them?
Dont have anyone personally i could recommend but definitely think fishing through IG is worth a go since you can see the quality of work they produce etc if havent already.

Has anyone had a problem with waterproof spray changing the color on any of their shoes?

I’m not talking about the milky white spots on black leather.

My AF1 wheats look almost yellow-tannish and I can’t figure out why.

…could it be the Champs spray I’ve been using?

im going to attempt to unoxidize some soles of a pair of Oreo Kobe XIs. Anybody have any tips? Looks like hydrogen peroxide and baking soda paste then stick them in the sun and hope for the best? Any insight is appreciated :nerd:

Anyone sell the Jordan 3 2016 true blue paint; the one Angelus sells isn’t a match, it matches the 2011 version
Likely already considered or went this route but it may be best to take their true blue and mix in a little color of choice. Not necessarily sure what direction the color needs to go in to make any recommendations however this is where paint saver caps come in handy.

im going to attempt to unoxidize some soles of a pair of Oreo Kobe XIs. Anybody have any tips? Looks like hydrogen peroxide and baking soda paste then stick them in the sun and hope for the best? Any insight is appreciated :nerd:
Easy,
pickup a bottle of choice sauce and your good. Watch a couple tutorials to get the just of the process and stay away from any prolonged sun exposure under high heat.
Oh and no Vol50 just no. Vol40 is fine but youll need to grab some corn starch as well to thicken it.

Anyone have any experience putting the larger swoosh on Jordan 1’s. Was going to trace the swoosh on some OG lows and use that as a cut out but was wondering if there’s a easier way to make my cut out.

Also, Anybody had success shrinking a leather shoe with water and heat?

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm late on this: anyone else notice that the plain old foamy sneaker cleaner that you used to be able to get any any sporting goods store doubled in price and for a smaller can even? Used to be $6 for 16 oz or so. I can only find it at Target for $8 for :nerd:z.

I'd recommend Shoe MGK if you're going to use any shoe cleaner. Very effective.
https://shoemgk.com/shop/shoe-cleaner/shoe-mgk-starter-kit/
Life hack- use one of those foaming cleaner or soap dispensers, put in like one part MGK or other similar cleaning fluid and about 20 parts water. Foams up perfect. I use and old empty sof sole sneaker cleaner and an old foaming bath and body works hand soap dispenser, easier than purring drops of cleaner on the brush.

Is it possible to prevent or slow down the oxidation process on midsoles? I have a pair of White Diamond Dunks that we’re barely worn and the midsole is already yellowed. Considered they released in 2018 I feel like that was fairly quick. I did a few sessions with salon care 40 which brought them back to white but less than a month later they yellowed again.

Attachments

• 683FEF09-2ACA-4777-B9C8-62AD3184258E.jpeg
    683FEF09-2ACA-4777-B9C8-62AD3184258E.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 49
  • AC9787D6-12C1-4CC0-B009-9E97F37C1328.jpeg
    AC9787D6-12C1-4CC0-B009-9E97F37C1328.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 671
What’s the best method to clean midsoles? I use that MGK stuff on my shoes, and while the brush works on the uppers, it doesn’t seem heavy duty enough to get all the dirt and stains off the midsole. Is there a specific brush I should use for midsoles, or is there another method?

B42DBF18-0DDF-46BA-A2E4-C53047135EBD.jpeg

2011 Concords fell apart last night. They’re still in relatively good condition though. How can I fix this? Some heavy duty glue

Those will need a full regule. Acetone to remove all the old dried glue and Barge cement glue to put them back together. So many tutorials on YouTube on how to do a full regule. I did it myself for the first time on a pair of Foamposites and it was fairly simple if you have the tools.

Is it possible to prevent or slow down the oxidation process on midsoles? I have a pair of White Diamond Dunks that we’re barely worn and the midsole is already yellowed. Considered they released in 2018 I feel like that was fairly quick. I did a few sessions with salon care 40 which brought them back to white but less than a month later they yellowed again.
My experience with straight Vol 40/50 has been meh to causing more harm than good. Thing is the base is too runny and lacks any additive such as key components Wintergreen Oil and Alcohol which helps to not only remove the yellowing but recondition to a light degree as well.
Id stick with a sole sauce of choice since the additives are already included. Another issue ive found is that its too potent which singies the outer most portion.
If that has happend its no worry all you have to do is scuff away a bit of the top layer with either sandpaper or soft dremel tip and youll see the white fresh rubber right underneath. Youll know its been singed if the rubber feels dry sort of crispy like. Hope that makes sense but feel free to drop a line for any further clarification.

B42DBF18-0DDF-46BA-A2E4-C53047135EBD.jpeg

2011 Concords fell apart last night. They’re still in relatively good condition though. How can I fix this? Some heavy duty glue?
How some love those damn 2011s are beyond my understanding but yes as stated above any time seperation begins to occur its best to do a full on strip and reglue as opposed to spot treating.
Id also recommend getting fresh airbags while at it if possible, if not another safe alternative is simply buy some insole replacements and cut to fill the hole.
Otherwise what may happen is the bag may likely blow sooner than not producing an uncomfortable dip in the midsole.

My experience with straight Vol 40/50 has been meh to causing more harm than good. Thing is the base is too runny and lacks any additive such as key components Wintergreen Oil and Alcohol which helps to not only remove the yellowing but recondition to a light degree as well.
Id stick with a sole sauce of choice since the additives are already included. Another issue ive found is that its too potent which singies the outer most portion.
If that has happend its no worry all you have to do is scuff away a bit of the top layer with either sandpaper or soft dremel tip and youll see the white fresh rubber right underneath. Youll know its been singed if the rubber feels dry sort of crispy like. Hope that makes sense but feel free to drop a line for any further clarification.
Is there anyway to make a sole sauce at home with Salon Care and other ingredients?

Back
Top Bottom