:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hey, I'm trying to use rit dye and sea glow to change the color of some clear soles to silver/grey.
any dye you guys recommend for that color?

should I try using softscrub on my yellowed white/green 4s? Will this make all the yellowing go away on the upper, midsole and netting?

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Any idea how I can fix this?

Ran for the bus and kicked the curb sadly
happened to me to. i used finger nail clippers to cut off the parts that stick out and colored in the white parts with a paint marker, couldnt tell anything happened
pimp.gif
until i balled in em
tired.gif

P.K. Internatiomal's Creme Developer- The Ultimate peroxide, is ****$2.39**** at the beauty supply store. The 40 Volume has 12% peroxide, the main ingredient in retrobright gel, the ingredient that aids in reversing oxidation. It works way better than sea glow and you can get almost instant results. One day or session can bring up to a week of sea glow results.I will post pictures soon. This product is just hair bleach, and you can add oxy clean so it can be somewhat more similar to retrobright, but it is way cheaper than buying the ingredients for retrobright. If you read the retrobright websites info it cleary says that hydrogen peroxide is the main acting ingredient which causes the reverse of the oxidation. Y ou can buy a higher percentage of peroxide at a health food store, which is 35%, also known as food grade peroxide. I HAVE NOT TESTED THE EFFECTS OF 35% BUT I WILL BE TRYING IT OUT THIS WEEKEND. WILL STATE RESULTS SOON. Will have pictures up soon as well.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Hey, I'm trying to use rit dye and sea glow to change the color of some clear soles to silver/grey.
any dye you guys recommend for that color?

i accidentally did not quote that, my bad, but pearl grey rit does the job

Originally Posted by krs1demian

Originally Posted by DRO3000

^^^looks like seaglow jacked em up............BTW, did you know those were in your closet or was it a surprise find???
what is the word on seaglow's negative effects on the shoes we use it on? is there any proof, or just speculation that it does damage?
accidentally did not quote this one either but it doesnt do anything to the PL or the glue, just bad vids and rumors. The soles only separate due to the glue heating up and loosening. Im goping to try a blacklight set up it gives off uv rays and lets off no heat. Also if you want to go cheaper and get better results than sea glow go to the sally beauty supply and ask for pk internationals creme developer the ultimate poeroxide 40 volume its basically like using retrobright but it only costs $2.39 a bottle

I was going to paint the white netting on my tour iv's. i got my angelus white paint, should i sand the netting? its like the same material as the back tabs of the iii's

Rertobright Alternate formula
sn181u.jpg

It foams as the peroxide and Tead in the oxy clean work together
34q1zcy.jpg

Check the Vs out!
30hymc6.jpg

cleared up after a few hours, it went from dark yellow to a beige

OK, I know these two questions have probably been asked a billion times, but I have 2 minor things to ask.
  1. How to clean AJ III heel tab from denim bleeding?
  2. Whats the best way to restore the nubuck on Varsity VI's?
Any help would be appreciated 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

OK, I know these two questions have probably been asked a billion times, but I have 2 minor things to ask.
  1. How to clean AJ III heel tab from denim bleeding?
  2. Whats the best way to restore the nubuck on Varsity VI's?
Any help would be appreciated 
ohwell.gif
Have you tried rubbing alcohol?  If that didn't work for you, then nail polish will. 

need help, my pippen 1's upper (nubuck) started cracking, any chance i can fix this or anything to keep it from getting worse? any help will be much appreciated.

Those of you who have done it before, what do you guys use to make the elephant print lighter on a pair of Fire Red 3's ??? 
Trying to make the elephant print on the 2007 retros look like these..... 

air-jordan-original-3-fire-red.jpg

Its never going to look like that again. The best thing you can do is get a seude/nubuck cleaner (footaction etc) and scrub scrub scrub. Ive heard some people use angelus paint but have never done or seen it..

Where can the Retrobright formule be found?

Does anyone know where I can get gold tipped flat jordan laces like the ones on the VII's?

Stupid question, but is armor all really safe to use on leather? Looking to brighten up my XIII playoffs, but i'm hesitating.

Do you think an UV light will be as effective as the sun with Retrobright? I've heard that UV lighta work great with sea glow.

@spacejam23s.  can you go over the process you used for cleaning you shoes as well as how much of each product used?

NT. Need some help. The soles off my rising sun XII are coming off. Rather than shoe goo, is it better to just go to a shoe repair? Please help asap. thanks!

Anybody have tips to restore these. Not too worried about the soles, just worried about the white that is yellowed. Tongue looks dirty and yellowed. Anybody know how to clean it? What type of material is it anyway?
2a225fe41d773bc81f35424ab0513f127628479_r.jpeg
f2b1504c7eb81258f9e52d25cc31d3c7a5ffcd8_r.jpg
00f355a04f617acfbe601aca52ea2d7076e4372_r.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom