:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone know how to get rid of sock lint or w.e from the inside of my Breds 11?

Edit: whats the best way to get gum removed from the bottom? And the white sole is getting yellow how do i fix that?

yo optimusp517 i got a few more questions if you could help out please

1.) do you keep the shoes under the lights even when the retrobright has dried out or do you wash and re-apply?

2.) how long are your sessions?

i put in about 9 hours today on some 2000 concords w/ retrobright(corn starch, oxyclean and hp) and the progress is minimal.

Whats up NT?

I'm in the process of painting the midsole of my 01 Black Cements and as the midsole gets whiter, the rubber toe keeps looking more and more yellow. I cleaned them off with a magic eraser, but the yellowing/dirtiness is staying there. Is there anyway to whiten the toecap? I heard of this retrobrite stuff but I don't know if that would be safe with the cement print right there. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Heres a pic:

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i dont think that the retrobright will mess the cement print up but if you do use it just be sure to keep it off as much as possible. im pretty sure it wil be safe though.

Originally Posted by jriv1127

i dont think that the retrobright will mess the cement print up but if you do use it just be sure to keep it off as much as possible. im pretty sure it wil be safe though.

So the retrobrite will in fact whiten up the toe? 

biglan4312, what kind of paint did you use on your cements?

ive been reading this thread occasionally and i remember some people were using white angelus paint?

thanks

Originally Posted by thecity

biglan4312, what kind of paint did you use on your cements?

ive been reading this thread occasionally and i remember some people were using white angelus paint?

thanks

I used the white angelus paint from turtlefeathers.net. It seems to have done the trick. I haven't worn the shoes yet to see how it holds up but from what everyone says, it works pretty well.

@Biglan4312 The retrobright will whiten the midsole but I wouldnt trust it on the cement print. Retr0bright got on the black suede/nubuck of my P-rods and it made the material bleed. I was using 40% HP though. Just be careful.

Originally Posted by quinten13

@Biglan4312 The retrobright will whiten the midsole but I wouldnt trust it on the cement print. Retr0bright got on the black suede/nubuck of my P-rods and it made the material bleed. I was using 40% HP though. Just be careful.
Thanks man. Yeah, I'm going to try and tape off the cement print so the retrobright won't touch it and just whiten the rubber part of the toe. I'm going to have to be careful.. For now I'm just waiting for the fluorescent bulb to arrive.

I need help! After I bought a pair of used AJ Varsity Red VI's, I decided to repaint the midsole with angelus Fire Red paint. With the finishing result, it has incorporated itself into the icy sole. I decided to take away the paint because it looked too bright red.

Here is a picture.

Is there anyway to remove the tinted sole back to clear?

can someone give me the pros and cons of ziplocking? I have: cool grey 11s, mighty crown dunks, metallic 5s, and laker 6s and i will soon have the concord 11s as well. for all my shoes i take the paper out of the boxes, and for the shoes with icy/clear soles, i use 2 silica packets. thanks!

@jecca650- its because you have saran wrap on them haha, it prolongs the process and prevents it from drying up
@ThaT Dude173- sock lint- a razor or your finger tips - gum acetone and picking it off -yellowing retr0bright
@biglan4312- DO NOT GET IT ON THE CEMENT PRINT!!!! it is ugly when it hits nubuck or suede
@johnandrew07- honestly i dont see what you are asking haha, so did the paint bleed into the sole?
@Kalon2000 - i honestly never bother ziplocking or silica packing the shoes, i feel it just dries out the midsoles and as for keeping them clear you are just fighting the elements and its all in the climate of where you store them

@UPYOURSWAG

The question is below the picture. I'm asking if there is a way to remove the paint bleed from the sole. And yeah the paint did bleed into the ice

i cant buy angelus paint and i just bought a bottle of white acrylic paint from the dollar store and am getting waterproofer tomorrow, will there be the same results? i wont be wearing my cg4s too much

@Detergent It's not really recommended to use angelus paint if it's not used on leather. It will strip off on continuous wears. That's what is happening to my Mars 4's. It will work if the midsole has a spongy texture like the V's or VI's

@Detergent dollar store paint bottles? It's actually better to use acrylic spray paint that you can purchase at any shoe repair store. That's what I am about to do with my fire red V's.

@johnandrew07- from the icy sole retr0bright and seaglow is your best bet if it isnt on the surface. and from the midsole, acetone but you seem like you know your painting stuff so you probably already knew that

Originally Posted by UPYOURSWAG

@jecca650- its because you have saran wrap on them haha, it prolongs the process and prevents it from drying up
@ThaT Dude173- sock lint- a razor or your finger tips - gum acetone and picking it off -yellowing retr0bright
@biglan4312- DO NOT GET IT ON THE CEMENT PRINT!!!! it is ugly when it hits nubuck or suede
@johnandrew07- honestly i dont see what you are asking haha, so did the paint bleed into the sole?
@Kalon2000 - i honestly never bother ziplocking or silica packing the shoes, i feel it just dries out the midsoles and as for keeping them clear you are just fighting the elements and its all in the climate of where you store them
thanks man just trying to get opinions. i try to rotate my shoes as much as I can. 

@JFMartiMcDandr May we see a picture?

@UPYOURSWAG Oh alright! I have been seaglowing the midsole for a while and i see minimal improvement. I'm going to keep doing this until it get's clear! Thank you

in markham here theres like no shoe repair store at all. Im about to start stripping the rest of the white paint with nail polish remover and repaint the midsoles. is acrylic finisher really needed? and waterproofer

Originally Posted by UPYOURSWAG

Thanks brah.

Originally Posted by jecca650

yo optimusp517 i got a few more questions if you could help out please

1.) do you keep the shoes under the lights even when the retrobright has dried out or do you wash and re-apply?

2.) how long are your sessions?

i put in about 9 hours today on some 2000 concords w/ retrobright(corn starch, oxyclean and hp) and the progress is minimal.

No re-application. about 9 hours/session

@JFMartiMcDand- so thats a process, you can melt it back together (takes time and aaaalot of skill) or you can use an adhesive to reattach it, it wont look DS but if you do it correctly it can come close to it

Back
Top Bottom