:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I heard BKF makes the mesh on 11s hard/kinda stiff *paws*
Any truth to this? I copped the BKF soft cleanser, is there a certain way to do it? Wanna touch up these dmps a bit.

From my experience using both the BKF works better just make sure you rinse it out THOROUGHLY or you will get that stiffer feel

I heard BKF makes the mesh on 11s hard/kinda stiff *paws*
Any truth to this? I copped the BKF soft cleanser, is there a certain way to do it? Wanna touch up these dmps a bit.
Rinsing thouroughly is the key with BKF soft cleanse.
I
I believe the RIT whitner and brightner works better then bkf.
Imo, RIT works great when your shoes are just dirty. Once you get the yellowing that comes with age you have to go with the BKF. Tried RIT on my 2K Concords in vain whereas the BKF soft cleanse achieved the results RIT couldn't.
From my experience using both the BKF works better just make sure you rinse it out THOROUGHLY or you will get that stiffer feel
Say it again. Don't be shy with the water...

The BKF liquid form is a lot easier and cheaper to find than the liquid RIT whitener and brightener. Do you have to do multiple sessions those of you that have used it? I did one session and didn't notice much of a difference besides dirt removal. Are you watering it down or just applying and leaving in over night? a few hours? any help is appreciated!

I was restoring my white cement 3's and some of the black paint dripped and got on the cement part of the shoe where the elephant print is when I was rubbing it off with acetone :frown:

Anyone know how I can remove it and get it nice and gray again?

Last edited:
The BKF liquid form is a lot easier and cheaper to find than the liquid RIT whitener and brightener. Do you have to do multiple sessions those of you that have used it? I did one session and didn't notice much of a difference besides dirt removal. Are you watering it down or just applying and leaving in over night? a few hours? any help is appreciated!
leaving overight might burn the material then u will have more work than what u started with, id say the scrubbing is what makes it work not soaking it

Hey these cherries have an ashy look to it at the bottom. I tried rubbing it off with water but it seems it doesnt help. Anyone know what this is? How to prevent it? And how to fix it?

I'm not sure how, but I have a pretty mean scuff mark here and want to remove it as soon as possible if it is possible. Can someone assist or point me to the correct forum if this isn't the right posting place? Thanks

Hey these cherries have an ashy look to it at the bottom. I tried rubbing it off with water but it seems it doesnt help. Anyone know what this is? How to prevent it? And how to fix it?

I had the same problem with my flu games and I sold me cause of it. Try the amorall original protectant wipes for your car that should work some guy had a video on how it makes the rubber look nice and new again. Wish I would have known before I sold mine

I'm not sure how, but I have a pretty mean scuff mark here and want to remove it as soon as possible if it is possible. Can someone assist or point me to the correct forum if this isn't the right posting place? Thanks

The paint looks like it's been scraped off, if you can't rub the scuff off with your finger you will have to repaint the metallic part.

I just saw a pretty interesting infomercial. you know that stuff we saw a few months ago that repells water, chocolate syrup, etc from items? well I just saw an informercial of some stuff for only 19.99 called block out and it even claims that it's completely breathable... I'm about to order some and put it on my concord mesh before I rock them
pimp.gif
http://www.getblockout.com/?tag=im|sm|go|tm&a_aid=011

Spit and a rag. *shrug*

I've seen people use oil but it really seems unnecessary, buffing with the rag is the important part.

love this post and will try all of the suggested ideas... on my little brothers kicks first ... lol but great ideas and suggestions

I have a pair of true blue 3s, 1 of the shoes toebox is tumbled leather, and the other is smooth leather. After reading those posts about the ironing with the wet towel method and how it takes out leather texture, I'm wondering if it would make the tumbled leather shoe look more like the smooth leather one.
Does anyone have a before and after picture of the tumbled leather before/after the ironing

Hi, I am new to the forums and I was wondering if I could restore these AJ V OG "Laney's"?  I am very inexperienced with Sea Glow or restoring a pair of sneakers in general.  So any help on a pair that I think can be salvaged would be welcomed.

if needed

its a pair of Jordan III's and didnt like the elephant print how high is was sitting so i tripped it a bit. on one shoe i cut a little too much and a about 5-6 stitch holes are showing.
when i took the jumpman off the heel of my chicagos from January i filled it in with hole filler (for drywall) then sanded it smooth and painted over it, just use a little bit for each hole and it should work perfect

Hi, I am new to the forums and I was wondering if I could restore these AJ V OG "Laney's"?  I am very inexperienced with Sea Glow or restoring a pair of sneakers in general.  So any help on a pair that I think can be salvaged would be welcomed.
in all honesty just go through this forum and pick up tips and methods and find it yourself, im not trying to be rude but to go through step by step to tell you how to do it seems rediculous for anyone to do, its not hard though just search for "sauce" or retrobrite and stuff the toes with something (socks, newspaper etc) and soap and water for the leather and if there is paint chipping cracking then get some angelus paint from turtlefeathers.com and get to work! good luck and if you have specific questions you can pm me and i will do my best to help you out no problem.

Back
Top Bottom