:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

oh and no dont use acrylic paint, it doesnt bend and give like the angelus does so it will chip and fall off easily where as the angelus (when done with light multiple layers) shouldnt crack.

ripped that pylon midsole UP
I want anyone who's worked on 11's or restored them to take a look at this picture and tell me if they're repairable using a midsole/new sole from another shoe.  Can't even tell you what this guy did but I want to see if there's still hope.

Eh, to each his own. We are all entitled to our own opinions and interests. Understand what you mean though. This is why I feel like I'm one of the few lol
Welcome to the club! LOL both my older Concord and SJs have yellowed soles and I rock them that way. They are 12 yo shoes after all. If they were from 2011 I might be bothered...

ripped that pylon midsole UP
Yup! I hope you hve the patience!!! Find a pair of beaters in the same size for the midsole in pretty good condition though.Seperate the midsole from the beat up shoe.Some people seperate it by using a dryer.My trick.leave that show inside your car with the windows rolled up and the heat will seperate the glue like butter.Peel off the mid sole.your going to need some paint thinner to take off the old glue though before you reflux them onto these.I suggest you seaglow the sole while separated if you want them clear again.wipe off the old glue from the new midsole and this shoe.Stuff the shoe with a shoe tree and some plastic bags to keep the form when you use the rubberbands to keep the sole on when drying.I would suggest you put a good amount of glue on the bottom part of the sole.Use a little on the sides because when you squeeze them together,that glue will spread upwards.They also sell a kill with a syringe and a needle to get into this crevices which the file didnt hit..PATIENCE IS YOUR BUGGEST ENEMY!

Yup! I hope you hve the patience!!! Find a pair of beaters in the same size for the midsole in pretty good condition though.Seperate the midsole from the beat up shoe.Some people seperate it by using a dryer.My trick.leave that show inside your car with the windows rolled up and the heat will seperate the glue like butter.Peel off the mid sole.your going to need some paint thinner to take off the old glue though before you reflux them onto these.I suggest you seaglow the sole while separated if you want them clear again.wipe off the old glue from the new midsole and this shoe.Stuff the shoe with a shoe tree and some plastic bags to keep the form when you use the rubberbands to keep the sole on when drying.I would suggest you put a good amount of glue on the bottom part of the sole.Use a little on the sides because when you squeeze them together,that glue will spread upwards.They also sell a kill with a syringe and a needle to get into this crevices which the file didnt hit..PATIENCE IS YOUR BUGGEST ENEMY!
My phone autocorrect destroyed what I had to say,but I'm sure you know what I mean

nm, six rings has diff midsole, but its close

Last edited:
^ if your looking for a donor pair of xi's for that midsole swap I would suggest trying to find some xi I.e.'s a.k.a. the less popular versions of the lows. You can find used pairs on eBay for dirt cheap if you do your homework. Exact midsoles and clear soles. Another trick you can do to remove the midsoles is throw them in the dryer. The heat will loosen up the glue, making it easier to pull apart. The older the glue is, the weaker the bonding is.

Anyone know to remove scuffs from the heel counter on Kobes 8s.

Also how to make rubber soles not yellow?

my 01 lows are looking very nice nowadays!

Here's the splitting on the toe cap I was talking about. Hopefully you all can see it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Been seaglowing my 11's via the outdoor/sun method for about 2 years now. I'm planning on doing it indoors instead so that the sun won't damage the traction pods. Can someone who has expertise with the indoor method tell me which light bulbs are preferred? Regular Florescent or should I go with UV Bulbs like the ones for reptile cages? Thanks

Been seaglowing my 11's via the outdoor/sun method for about 2 years now. I'm planning on doing it indoors instead so that the sun won't damage the traction pods. Can someone who has expertise with the indoor method tell me which light bulbs are preferred? Regular Florescent or should I go with UV Bulbs like the ones for reptile cages? Thanks
substance810 (see pics of done sole from above) said he is using the 26 watt reptiglo bulbs, 2.0 and 5.0 (different spectrums) and if you google the product they come up around 11 dollars per bulb. i am too going to go this route since here in florida the soles continue to seperate cuz of the extreme heat

Was whiting these. So close to getting them to that final white. Then as I was putting through one more scrub with Jason markk, this happened.

:smh:

Any tips fam? Have no idea how this all of a sudden happens. Didn't do anything special. Just looks like black bled onto the white.

Was whiting these. So close to getting them to that final white. Then as I was putting through one more scrub with Jason markk, this happened.

:smh:

Any tips fam? Have no idea how this all of a sudden happens. Didn't do anything special. Just looks like black bled onto the white.
well white doesnt happen naturally in the wild so it looks like you just rubbed through the whitened product and got to the dull portion of the material, maybe the whitener/brightener process could work? worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom