:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'd go with E6000

If it's a minor separation E6000 is fine. If the entire sole needs to be reglued I suggest barge cement. 

It's the front half of the sole...I'm thinking E6000 should work...but here's a pic...what you guys think?

Also, super beginner question...where does one buy these glues? Hardware store? Home Depot? Art supplies store?

I'd go with E6000

If it's a minor separation E6000 is fine. If the entire sole needs to be reglued I suggest barge cement. 

It's the front half of the sole...I'm thinking E6000 should work...but here's a pic...what you guys think?

Also, super beginner question...where does one buy these glues? Hardware store? Home Depot? Art supplies store?

E6000 should be able to hold that. I bought my tube at target so check there. They might also have it at a hardware store. To clamp the shoe without damaging the shape, you might want to try gorilla tape.

E6000 should be able to hold that. I bought my tube at target so check there. They might also have it at a hardware store. To clamp the shoe without damaging the shape, you might want to try gorilla tape.

How long do you keep the shoes clamped for? Also, what's the process? If I'm re-gluing a side panel onto leather, do I have to treat it or roughen the surface before starting? How long to I have to keep it pressed down after application? Is this the main reason for the gorilla tape reccomendation just to keep it pressed down? Much appreciated.

So the 70% alcohol didn't work for the discoloration. Does anyone else know any other methods to remove this discoloration?

The discoloration is darker than what the photo shows

IIf that didnt work that its probably the age of the shoe that discolored it. Just like yellow backtabs.
So the 70% alcohol didn't work for the discoloration. Does anyone else know any other methods to remove this discoloration?

The discoloration is darker than what the photo shows

First restoration attempt I finished awhile ago to practice before I move on to my 3s. Used detergent and rit whitener brightener to clean up the tongue. And completely repainted the midsole. Great practice. Happy with them over all.

First restoration attempt I finished awhile ago to practice before I move on to my 3s. Used detergent and rit whitener brightener to clean up the tongue. And completely repainted the midsole. Great practice. Happy with them over all.
nice results, make me wanna do the same to my pair....I probly wont tho...GREAT cw but theyre still just spizikes.
laugh.gif

How long do you keep the shoes clamped for? Also, what's the process? If I'm re-gluing a side panel onto leather, do I have to treat it or roughen the surface before starting? How long to I have to keep it pressed down after application? Is this the main reason for the gorilla tape reccomendation just to keep it pressed down? Much appreciated.

To be on the safe side, I'd to it for at least 48 hours

nice results, make me wanna do the same to my pair....I probly wont tho...GREAT cw but theyre still just spizikes.:lol:
If you ask me they got it right with the first round of color ways back in 07. I just stopped wearing these cause they crack way faster than actual 3s do. But spizike or not I love this particular pair the most.

been working on a bunch of sole clearing past month or so. the last pic of carolina lows was taken 2 weeks ago, as you can see they were brown not yellow and were already changing the final update will be AMAZING i am gonna take another week or so in them then they will be up for sale.

i have also noticed that some soles may be not as yellow as others but can take MUCH LONGER to see results i think this is due to how much they were worn and where (primary long walks thru city streets NYC etc.. or alot of general wear) because the yellow tends to get ground into the sole i feel and also the sole gets this rough outer layer that is more difficult to penetrate. you can see this in the last pic of the jams, they were no where near as yellow as the brown carolinas yet i worked on them longer and seen slower results, still not done with jams either that pic is also from a week ago

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @frosty_thesoleman

Last edited:
What's going on NT fam, coming back with another tutorial made easy for everyone. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Fam,

Is there any way i could fix this?? I have another pair of 6s that I could use for their tabs but what would the best way to go about doing so? Also, has anyone ever done this before?

^those are stitched on there so if you could do it it would be a PITA but anything is possible its just how much time or money do u want to spend on it, i dunno what i would do probably wear jeans most of the time with them, anyone else care to address this?

^those are stitched on there so if you could do it it would be a PITA but anything is possible its just how much time or money do u want to spend on it, i dunno what i would do probably wear jeans most of the time with them, anyone else care to address this?

at this point, money is not the issue here. they are DS and I have been searching for them in DS condition for over a year now, the only thing the buyer did not let me know was the back pull tab was cracked :smh: I have never done something like this before and I really would like someone to do it who has experience. Do you or anyone else know someone that would be able to fix this the correct way?

^ thats correct. i got them for a good price, thats why i would rather have them fixed then to go an dispute a paypal claim.

So i had a pair of ds galaxy flight ones sitting out for a couple of weeks in a room in my house where it gets sun but not a ton. anyhow i go to look at the shoes yesterday and a part of the sole has turned from creme colored to almost brown. im assuming where the sun was hitting it maybe? is there anyway to reverse it? the part still glows in the dark just wondering what caused it to turn brown. ill post up pics later. i put em back in the box for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
So i had a pair of ds galaxy flight ones sitting out for a couple of weeks in a room in my house where it gets sun but not a ton. anyhow i go to look at the shoes yesterday and a part of the sole has turned from creme colored to almost brown. im assuming where the sun was hitting it maybe? is there anyway to reverse it? the part still glows in the dark just wondering what caused it to turn brown. ill post up pics later. i put em back in the box for now.

Retrobrite.
YouTube has tons of tutorials.

Anything with a sole that can yellow needs to be kept in the box away from light and excess heat. Unless you get a special case with uv resistant glass

Retrobrite.
YouTube has tons of tutorials.

Anything with a sole that can yellow needs to be kept in the box away from light and excess heat. Unless you get a special case with uv resistant glass

thx. seaglowed em for a bit in the sun today and got good results. Damn they yellowed fast out the box. Ive had this pr since rd too. Looked perfect until i left em out. stupid.

Cleaned up my cg xi, aside from some yellowing n creasing they look new...worn em tons prob 50+all day wears at least. I should have taken some before photos too

Back
Top Bottom