:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

if it is not a huge portion of the sole/midsole or wherever it is seperated i would stuff the shoe suffeciently (so it doesnt get deformed) and just hold it down with your hands for around 15-30 minutes (if you use barge cement) and then let the glue finish overnight before using it again. I have no experience with any other glue as barge cement is cheap and works great although for clear soles you would need to get the clear barge cement, obviously lol, good luck and take your time and for gods sake EXPERIMENT with them they are only shoes and hell you might come up with a better way on your own.

I've resorted to E-6000, as it was on amazon and it's fast shipping will have it here by tomorrow. There arnt any shoe or repair places where I live that carry any of the options I listed. Thanks for the feedback and I will definitely take my time with these. Will post results when finished

Personally, I had better experience with barge cement over e6000
which barge cement do you recommend? Because there is a yellow packaging which is the original, and a blue one which is a new formula. Have you had experience with both? Ive read reviews that the new formula isnt as adhesive 

i have the blue tube and it worked fine. no idea if the old one worked better, but this is more than effective. ive repaired 3 sole separations so far. 2 pairs of XVII's and my og spiridons

Yupp. I have the blue tube as well. I did some concord 11s and wore them once. The midsole separated but I hadn't glued it yet. The sole stayed on though so I would recommend the blue tube.

I've resorted to E-6000, as it was on amazon and it's fast shipping will have it here by tomorrow. There arnt any shoe or repair places where I live that carry any of the options I listed. Thanks for the feedback and I will definitely take my time with these. Will post results when finished
almost every hardware store carries the blue tube of Barge Cement, just fyi

the can that is online is the clear one and it comes with an applicator, the blue tube is like an amber color so if you have clear soles i wouldnt use it on them

Stepped in a puddle of oil the FIRST time wearing these.  Any suggestions on getting the stains out?  I tried dishwater soap, bleach, washing and nothing has made a difference.  

Using bleach will make white soles, mid soles, and uppers yellow over time. It did that to a pair of AF1s all whites I had when I was in HS.
This is true i think due to the Chlroine content of bleach. I believe that aids the oxidizing process of yellowing. DON'T USE STRAIGHT UP BLEACH OR YOU WILL MESS UP SNEAKERS!

Last edited:

HELP? What do I do? Was clearing soles...started playing around with my son...forgot about shoes til 3 hes later. Dumb dumb dumb move.

Where do I start with these and what supplies do I need. I know angelus paint. What colors?

I'm gonna do some retrobrite sessions on my 6's

I live in florida and plan to leave them in the sun , it is extremely hot and humid tho , how long should i leave them out and is there a way to protect them while I do the sessions . 

I've heard that if its too hot the soles might start to seperate , any help would be appreciated . 

Last edited:
Toying with doing a potential sole swap in the future with my '03 AJ III's anyone with experience on this? Tips would help. My midsole is deteriorating but the upper is still really good.

Most ppl on here ask the same questions that have been answered thousands of times. Barge cement for the separation.. Black and white angelus for the repaint..

anyone know what paint to use for 7s? please tell me the name and where i can buy it.

Back
Top Bottom