:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

is black magic tire wet safe to use on the cool grey 11's patent leather?
well it is made for rubber and putting it on PL might be ok but why take the chance right? Honestly to polish mine up i just clean em with a toothbrush and warm water with soap and if that doesnt work get some regular shoe polish that can work on any color PL. Or you can use vaseline and rub it in good and buff it out with a dry towel, many options but taking chances on car products might not be safe for future wears

well it is made for rubber and putting it on PL might be ok but why take the chance right? Honestly to polish mine up i just clean em with a toothbrush and warm water with soap and if that doesnt work get some regular shoe polish that can work on any color PL. Or you can use vaseline and rub it in good and buff it out with a dry towel, many options but taking chances on car products might not be safe for future wears
right on, thats what i was thinking, harsh abrasive ingredients etc. i googled local shoe stores, not like foot locker or finish line, but like a small chain that sells like dress shoes. i thought they'd have something specific for patent leather but no luck. i googled patent leather shine, cleaner etc. but its difficult to almost gamble, by using something i dont know much about (other than what the description the seller is giving) on my favorite shoes. i'd flip out if i messed up my Jordans i've had for 10+ years. thats why this site (specifically this thread) is good cuz you guys may have already found something. im still looking tho. right now im checking out "collonil lack polish" patent leather care/protector on ebay. vaseline is kinda like the lotion i saw on youtube, but there has to be a safe product specifically for shining patent leather. response/advice much appreciated

right on, thats what i was thinking, harsh abrasive ingredients etc. i googled local shoe stores, not like foot locker or finish line, but like a small chain that sells like dress shoes. i thought they'd have something specific for patent leather but no luck. i googled patent leather shine, cleaner etc. but its difficult to almost gamble, by using something i dont know much about (other than what the description the seller is giving) on my favorite shoes. i'd flip out if i messed up my Jordans i've had for 10+ years. thats why this site (specifically this thread) is good cuz you guys may have already found something. im still looking tho. right now im checking out "collonil lack polish" patent leather care/protector on ebay. vaseline is kinda like the lotion i saw on youtube, but there has to be a safe product specifically for shining patent leather. response/advice much appreciated
saw these on my google adventure and it seems legit but i would do as much research as possible before performing anything on them, here is the link i found: http://www.tuxedoshoes.net/tuxedo_shoes_care_instructions.htm
just found this product as well specific for patent leather and has a review already for patent leather shoes. Hope this helps and your shoes get super shiny!
http://www.shoecaresupplies.com/Shoe_Cleaner_p/esquire-patent-leather.htm

Last edited:
^ repped. Could not find that in my google adventures. You know how to explore. :lol:
lol got lucky, searched for "how to shine patent leather" and ended up in a forum and some military guys posted the product name so i then googled that and found it, also Kiwi products has a patent leather shining deal as well so i think either should work fine.

rcjbbp1313 rcjbbp1313 good stuff.

I was also doing some googleing about armor all and there is actually a lot of hate for it cause it also causes items to dry and crack faster due to it's formula. Sigh. I guess I'm gonna have to wipe this off carefully and figure out something else. Too much controversy where Armor All states it's not their product but just neglect

Last edited:
@rcjbbp1313 good stuff.

I was also doing some googleing about armor all and there is actually a lot of hate for it cause it also causes items to dry and crack faster due to it's formula. Sigh. I guess I'm gonna have to wipe this off carefully and figure out something else. Too much controversy where Armor All states it's not their product but just neglect
Yes, Armor All is the absolute worst for any actual long-term protection.  If I were to use any car product on patent leather it would be 303 aerospace protectant.  It doesn't leave that overly greasy finish and it prevents cracking and drying.  Patent leather won't allow the appropriate absorption to prevent the drying and cracking but it will give it the shine it needs.

Sun, 40 volume Cream developer "hair product" , 1 hour of your time. More time u give it the better the results. Nothing really else to it. Use a toothbrush apply a thin layer and let sit, rotating about ever 15 min. ( all these shoes had been thoroughly washed with my own method. I could never get past the yellowing until using this product)

hawkswoosh hawkswoosh repped fam I was just reading about that. Apparently because the armor all has this alcohol or chemical that ruins the integrity of the patent leather by an evaporation of important molecules (long organic compound name I can't remember off the top of my head) making it cracked.

Any more info about 303 from a functional or chemical standpoint why it's better? I might end up getting that

Last edited:
I will try to post the other shoes i am doing it to
yeah it works great but here in FL it is tough to do it because they are almost guaranteed to seperate because of the heat, im going to do the same deal but indoors. BTW if you add Oxyclean it will help as well because oxyclean in water is peroxide so if you add it to your creme it will make it a higher % peroxide and should give you better/faster results.

Yes I've heard that too! Very happy with the results regardless! Pictures do not serve justice!

If u have the 04 Olympic 7 u all know how hard it is to remove the yellowing toe. The right shoe did not look like thay one hour ago!

^ Nice. I gotta reglue my soles and get my toe piece whitened on my '04 Olympic 7s.

Yes! Imo the yellow you can say gives it this, or gives it that look, but once you do this imo there is no going back lol

yeah it works great but here in FL it is tough to do it because they are almost guaranteed to seperate because of the heat, im going to do the same deal but indoors. BTW if you add Oxyclean it will help as well because oxyclean in water is peroxide so if you add it to your creme it will make it a higher % peroxide and should give you better/faster results.
I posted the indoor method above.

I would like to share 2 more shoes and my results of this product just one more time sense im still so blown away by what it does. This is whats under your shoe sole after just one year of wear, cat piss looking stains, and again all including these 2 were always heavily clean by ever method there is and nothing gave me these results

Black toe lows/ Chicagos

^ to touch on what he just posted. The salon care works really well on rubber midsoles as shown. Also on netting of 5s. It's a lot faster for midsoles than it is for soles.

Back
Top Bottom