:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Al
Anyone know how to fix this the lil scuff???
Rubbing Alcohol with a cotton ball or Q-tips

Would anyone know where I could get black replacement laces for the Jordan 12s? Sorry if this is the wrong thread

So apparently the chrome foamposites have a problem of chipping. There's a little article on theshoegame.com that talks about others that have had this problem like the guy in here. I would just get my refund from Nike honestly. But I think the guy is from another country?

Hey everyone i was just wondering how to keep my soles icy. my grape 5s are kinda yellowed but barely and im getting scared to wear my infrared 6s lool. 

Hey everyone i was just wondering how to keep my soles icy. my grape 5s are kinda yellowed but barely and im getting scared to wear my infrared 6s lool. 

Yellowing on clear soles is inevitable. Even if you keep them in the box just to look at, they'll still yellow. Keeping them in a cool, dry area, and out of sunlight helps to slow the yellowing process. Also, don't wear them when it's wet outside.

Yellowing on clear soles is inevitable. Even if you keep them in the box just to look at, they'll still yellow. Keeping them in a cool, dry area, and out of sunlight helps to slow the yellowing process. Also, don't wear them when it's wet outside.
very true

Yeah it is inevitable but what I do to reduce yellowing is a monthly clean w/ Jason markk or Angelus Easy cleaner, throw away the tissue paper in the box, put some silica gel packets in there, or put some sole protector/defender/saver/kick guard on the bottom of the sole but they don't last long

Yeah it is inevitable but what I do to reduce yellowing is a monthly clean w/ Jason markk or Angelus Easy cleaner, throw away the tissue paper in the box, put some silica gel packets in there, or put some sole protector/defender/saver/kick guard on the bottom of the sole but they don't last long
Once you ice em up then you need to put the sole-protectors on them or just dye your soles

anyone in the denver area want to give private walking lessons? 
mean.gif

i ruin all my shoes after a certain point because the outside of the back heel gets worn to an uneven level. when I was moving about a year or so ago, I was going through shoes and had to throw out citrus 7's and cdp 5's because the sole was ruined. no point in saving them.

Has anyone tried reshoevn8r sole glo on the grey plastic wing lace holders to remove the yellowing on there Jordan retro 4 Breds ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kennyshii  

how to clean nubuck? will jason markk do? thanks
Jason Markk Premuim Brush and Jason Markk Shoe cleaner.

TIPS TO CLEAN SUEDE AND/OR NUBUCK

Cleaning suede is a fear of many. But with Jason Markk Premium Shoe Cleaner and the proper techniques, you’ll soon be cleaning suede like a pro!

Ready? Let’s get started!

1 When attempting to clean dyed suede, proceed with extreme caution. Dyed suede is likely to bleed with ANY contact with water.

2 An easy way to test for bleeding is to take a light-colored towel and lightly brush the suede to check for any color transfer.

3 When cleaning suede or any other delicate materials, be sure to use our Premium Brush which has softer hog bristles.

4 The very first step is to take a dry premium brush and lightly brush the entire area of the shoe. This willremove any loose top layer dirt that may be sitting on the suede.

5 To start, follow steps 1-3 listed on the back of the bottle.

6 Now before scrubbing be sure to shake off as muchexcess water as possible. You can even take the brush and dab it onto a towel to remove even more water.

7 Next you can start scrubbing, it’s best to give the entire area of suede an even go. This helps to promote even drying and prevents any water spots.Repeat as necessary.

8 Now that you’ve cleaned the suede, the next and most critical step is the drying and revival process.

9 After scrubbing, it’s important to move very fast -right into the drying process with a clean, drymicrofiber towel.

10 Take the towel and begin to dab and twist. The key is to MOVE FAST.

11 The dab and twist method not only absorbs water from the suede, but helps to slowly bring the nap back.

12 Repeat this several times. Then allow to dry naturally.

13 In an hour or two, revisit the suede with a dry premium brush and begin to work the nap back and forth.

14 Continue this motion for an extended period of time. Then set the shoes aside and allow them to continue to dry naturally.

15 After allowing the shoes to dry for several more hours, revisit the suede and repeat working the napback and forth with a dry premium brush.

16 Repeating these steps several times throughout the drying period until the shoes have completely dried is critical.

Hey fam I recently picked up a pair of '01 Royals and '94 Breds (both 1's) and I'm looking to fix them up a bit. I watched some videos, asked around on reddit/here, but I still have a couple questions left and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

1. I'm trying to get a factory finish look. Should I be using a matte finisher/dulling the paint at all? (I plan on using Angelus paint)

2. The leather on the shoes aren't necessarily dry but they could use some conditioning. I think I should probably Clean –> Condition –> Paint/Restore in that order, right?

3. Any tips on conditioning the nubuck swooshes? I was just going to brush/clean them up a bit since both aren't in bad shape.

Hey fam I recently picked up a pair of '01 Royals and '94 Breds (both 1's) and I'm looking to fix them up a bit. I watched some videos, asked around on reddit/here, but I still have a couple questions left and was hoping someone might be able to help me out.

1. I'm trying to get a factory finish look. Should I be using a matte finisher/dulling the paint at all? (I plan on using Angelus paint)

2. The leather on the shoes aren't necessarily dry but they could use some conditioning. I think I should probably Clean –> Condition –> Paint/Restore in that order, right?

3. Any tips on conditioning the nubuck swooshes? I was just going to brush/clean them up a bit since both aren't in bad shape.

This video shows everything you need to know imo. Very simple, just clean the shoe, apply/blot the paint and dye the swoosh.

how to clean nubuck? will jason markk do? thanks
Jason Markk is fine, as well as Lincoln EZ Cleaner or Refreshed. Could also use water + brush + detergent/dish soap.

Many nubuck/suede shoes aren't necessarily dirty, but could be fading: (hear it works best for black suede, idk for sure though, use at own risk)

Originally Posted by norim21  

Would anyone know where I could get black replacement laces for the Jordan 12s? Sorry if this is the wrong thread

I personally don't have any 12's, but from what I see, they're just rope laces. It also really depends on what type of aglets you want on your laces, so do some research on google, eBay,etc. for better pricing and what type of exact lacing you want, but if you don't care, here are some general places:

http://www.laceduplaces.com/collections/rope-laces

http://www.ajavenue.com/store/p6/Air_Jordan_9_&_12_Replacement_Shoe_Laces.html
Anyone know how to fix this the lil scuff???
Different shoe, apply similar concept:

Last edited:

This video shows everything you need to know imo. Very simple, just clean the shoe, apply/blot the paint and dye the swoosh.

Good looks fam. But as far as the matte finisher, should I be looking into picking up that up at all? None of the videos I've watched ever mention if they apply finisher or not let alone which one. 

Good looks fam. But as far as the matte finisher, should I be looking into picking up that up at all? None of the videos I've watched ever mention if they apply finisher or not let alone which one. 
Depends on the look you want, but I wouldn't do it. Check the post above again, added another vid to help with leather cracking.

can anybody help?
Best option is to redye and or repaint it.

Similar to this, but I don't know if you should really strip everything like they did before redyeing/repainting:

How to redye:

Angelus leather acrylic paint and leather dye is meant for leather obviously, but sometimes, like in the first vid, it may help with other materials.

Angelusdirect.com offers 3 types of grey dye for suede, I'm not sure which one you'll need, would recommend you to do some research on it:

Light Grey: http://angelusdirect.com/collections/suede-dye/products/light-grey-suede-dye

Regular Grey: http://angelusdirect.com/collections/suede-dye/products/grey-suede-dye

Dark Grey: http://angelusdirect.com/collections/suede-dye/products/dark-grey-suede-dye

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom