:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone know what the best way to fix the plastic piece separating from the inside of Jordan 5's would be. I'll post pics as soon as I can. It's a pair of stealth 5's and the plastic piece at the laces is separating. Don't know if I should try glueing it or is there a better way?

Is anyone good in the sole swaps? I wanted to sole Swap my oreo 99, but the donor doesn't fit. It's too small. I used some Nike flights from 2008. Oreos are size 10 and flights also. Please help me guys, should I get 10.5 donor or problem is somewhere else?

Just bought like 30 pairs of used kicks and am working on cleaning them all up. Any way to get rid of the smudges on Nike air max bubbles? Also, I saw the stuff mentioned on the first page about making the patent leather shiny again but is there something I could concoct at home or buy at the local supermarket to make the patent leather shiny again? Thanks.

Just bought like 30 pairs of used kicks and am working on cleaning them all up. Any way to get rid of the smudges on Nike air max bubbles? Also, I saw the stuff mentioned on the first page about making the patent leather shiny again but is there something I could concoct at home or buy at the local supermarket to make the patent leather shiny again? Thanks.
Just use cleaning materials to clean the air bubble, would recommend trying to scrub it with laundry detergent or dish soap + water. If that doesn't work, you might want to try scrub it lightly with acetone and a cotton swab. Be careful using acetone though because it's very powerful.

Might want to defog the air bubble, but this can melt the glue/loosen the sole for older shoes:

How to shine patent leather:

Obviously, if you haven't, clean the shoe first.

Using lotion:

Using acrylic finisher:

Is anyone good in the sole swaps? I wanted to sole Swap my oreo 99, but the donor doesn't fit. It's too small. I used some Nike flights from 2008. Oreos are size 10 and flights also. Please help me guys, should I get 10.5 donor or problem is somewhere else?
Donor sole is the problem, it simply just doesn't fit. Not to sure if a sz10.5 on the flights would work on a Jordan 4 sz 10, so to be safe, I would recommend buying some cheap 4's in the same size for a donor. I'm sure you can find some on eBay.
Anyone know what the best way to fix the plastic piece separating from the inside of Jordan 5's would be. I'll post pics as soon as I can. It's a pair of stealth 5's and the plastic piece at the laces is separating. Don't know if I should try glueing it or is there a better way?
If the piece is just coming off the shoe, like literally just coming out and not broken, then just find a way to stick it back in. Use adhesives to make it stick and stay.
I need to get a good mix for repainting the jumpman on my dmp 11s, anyone know a good way to get the right shade? And any tips on going at it?
The gold colorway on the DMP 11's is "Metallic Gold", but Angelusdirect offers metallic "Antique Gold" paint. If you search angelusdirect.com for "gold" paint, this is what you come up with:

[h1]Search Results[/h1]

[h3]Angelus Gold Paint[/h3]Metallic Paint
It might be the some thing, it might not, I'm not too sure. You could buy this gold paint and if it's not the same, you could mix it with bright yellow to make it lighter or add dark yellow,etc. to make it darker. Just dab some on a piece of paper and look and see if it's the same as on the DMP 11's.

When you're applying the paint, I would recommend using a cotton swab and to just dab lightly on the jumpman and basically blot the paint on there. If any of it gets onto the white leather, either use a wet napkin or something and quickly brush it off the leather, using soap would probably help also. If any of it gets stuck on the white leather, just use a cotton swab and blot white angelus paint onto the leather and then swirl it to even the white out to cover up the gold.

Last edited:
Never seen a pair of 12s get sole swapped via youtube videos so I can really use some help in sole swapping these. I'm thinking of using rubber bands and possibly some clamps but I'm not sure what the most effective method would be.

Never seen a pair of 12s get sole swapped via youtube videos so I can really use some help in sole swapping these. I'm thinking of using rubber bands and possibly some clamps but I'm not sure what the most effective method would be.
There's literally no difference to most shoes, just think about it...all you do is get a base (the sole) and attach it to the top (the uppers). Literally just make sure they're aligned properly and glue it together. Most stuff is pretty practical, don't need to over think or make it harder than what it really is.

Different shoe, but apply a similar concept/method:

Like stated in the vid, start at heel and work towards the front (it's easier that way imo). I personally use shoe strings to keep it clamped because you can tie it really tight, rubber bands can work too, but big rubber bands can be loose and the grip might not be tight enough, so just use your best judgement on what you want to do.

hey guys i hear alot about salon 40. legit or nah? 

Yeah it does work for sure. Just dont get it on the leather or you will get chemical burns and ruin the shoe. Only use it on plastic or rubber that has yellowed. Also the less you use the more results you will get. You dont need to use a lot. Theres a lot of tutorials on youtube. Check it out.

Last edited:

This is how my ~03 pair fell apart. I tied em up with shoe string and then for the toe area I used blue painters tape

Thanks bro
No doubt... :smile: 

Also, 99% of "the sauce" for whitening that people sell, is just 40 vol creme repackaged at a higher price, it's a rip off.  Just purchase Salon Care 40 Vol Creme and you'll be set.  You don't need to add oxiclean or anything else. Although you can use oxiclean if you'd like, thats on you, but its not necessary.  I've had great results just using just 40 Vol Creme by itself.  Good luck. 

Also it's a good idea to tape surrounding areas of the shoe that you're afraid might get creme on them during the process.  For example, I taped up my entire grey toe and marroon 13s, with painters tape, leaving only the pods exposed because I didnt want to mess up the suede while whitening the pods.  Hope this helps. 

Last edited:
[ATTACHMENT=9351]image.jpg (808k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Would pushing it back in place and glueing it be the best way to fix this?

No doubt... :smile: 

Also, 99% of "the sauce" for whitening that people sell, is just 40 vol creme repackaged at a higher price, it's a rip off.  Just purchase Salon Care 40 Vol Creme and you'll be set.  You don't need to add oxiclean or anything else. Although you can use oxiclean if you'd like, thats on you, but its not necessary.  I've had great results just using just 40 Vol Creme by itself.  Good luck. 

Also it's a good idea to tape surrounding areas of the shoe that you're afraid might get creme on them during the process.  For example, I taped up my entire grey toe and marroon 13s, with painters tape, leaving only the pods exposed because I didnt want to mess up the suede while whitening the pods.  Hope this helps. 

definetly recomend it. just gotta have patience with it  
Thanks for the feedback guys. We go through sooo much trouble just to keep our soles icy lool. Guess thats what it means to be a sneaker head haha

Anyone know how to get rid of this stain without making it worse or ruining the material? Repped for the help NT fam.

Last edited:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sneakerp  

Not sure what it is, I just got them today from eBay. Thinking glue stain, but I've never seen it that discolor that bad. Its almost like it bleached the canvas.

dang, well yeah i'd start with a general wash first and then update us

Last edited:
I been working on these recently now that the weather is getting nice in my area.
http://s307.photobucket.com/user/jo...loads/Screenshot_2015-04-06-22-26-06.png.html

To this

http://s307.photobucket.com/user/johnnel23/media/Mobile Uploads/20150406_221250.jpg.html

Just straight 40 volume cream. I took the Soles off so I can do a reglue. I have a few friends that do hair. I'm going to try and get my hands on some 50 cream and try it out

Bro what kind of light are you using? Where can I find it! I need something indoors in a controlled environment.

Back
Top Bottom