:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I'm about to paint the midsoles on stealth grey 5's. I ordered the grey from angelus direct and don't know if I should have ordered the light grey. If anyone has a minute can you look and let me know what you think.
Look where? White or a neutral paint can lighten colors.

How do I get rid of yellowing on these grey waffle lace holders they're only 3 years old why are they yellowing already is anyone else's doing this

Are anybody else's 2011 Concords yellowed on the mesh? I don't get it. Mine are still DS but there are yellowed spots on the mesh. Can anybody tell me how to whiten it? Thanks. I don't mind the soles.

Are anybody else's 2011 Concords yellowed on the mesh? I don't get it. Mine are still DS but there are yellowed spots on the mesh. Can anybody tell me how to whiten it? Thanks. I don't mind the soles.
How to whiten mesh from natural oxidation:

How to remove stains from mesh:

How do I get rid of yellowing on these grey waffle lace holders they're only 3 years old why are they yellowing already is anyone else's doing this
You could apply Salon Care or any of those sauces on the waffle tabs and let it sit out in the sun. It should reverse the oxidation, but it is an incredibly slow process. Someone else posted  a link on how to stop yellowing plastic, and it said to use bleach. Bleach works well (I actually use bleach to whiten rubber toecaps on Jordan 7's), but the only problem is you have a small surface area and getting bleach on the nubuck would probably mess the shoe up.

You could also try to find the paint color for the waffle tabs and just lightly repaint it by dabbing paint on the entire thing with a q-tip. I did this on my Military 4's.
Could I use the sauce to unyellow my grinches?
Yes it'll work, but it is incredibly slow compared to Jordans.

has anyone else loss traction from using salon 40? i was using it on a shoe and when i went to wear it, i could almost slip n slide everywhere including pavement. 
It is not from Salon Care 40, that will happen no matter what sauce/formula,etc. you use unless you protect the traction pods.

Explained in this extremely long vid:

TLDR: The heat/sunlight exposure affects the traction pods and overall traction of the shoe. You'll see a lot of people put things over the traction pods so they still retain traction when restoring their soles. I personally don't care since I don't ball in them. You'll also see people put things to cover the carbon fiber because prolonged exposure to heat/sunlight will eventually cause the carbon fiber to crack, especially with older Jordans/OG's. Just be mindful of what you're doing and your process and problems will be limited.

Does that work on patent leather as well? My ds pair of white red Xi lows from a few years ago has a large spit of yellowed patent leather. It is weird since the pair I wear has none.

It is not from Salon Care 40, that will happen no matter what sauce/formula,etc. you use unless you protect the traction pods.

Explained in this extremely long vid:

TLDR: The heat/sunlight exposure affects the traction pods and overall traction of the shoe. You'll see a lot of people put things over the traction pods so they still retain traction when restoring their soles. I personally don't care since I don't ball in them. You'll also see people put things to cover the carbon fiber because prolonged exposure to heat/sunlight will eventually cause the carbon fiber to crack, especially with older Jordans/OG's. Just be mindful of what you're doing and your process and problems will be limited.

thanks! but what about on the 5s though?

thanks! but what about on the 5s though?
I've been using 40 Volume Peroxide cream on the pair of Metallic 5's I'm restoring and it works so much better than the Sole Bright **** I bought. It cost me £3.50 ($5) for a 1l. I have got it on the black plastic/rubber of the soles and it hasn't really done much. I wipe the majority away with a tissue usually but in my experience it doesn't do much. I think the traction pods on an XI are a different material than other J's.

hey bros, so I got my og 11s repainted and its chipping off, I want to know the best way to remove it again so i can repaint it using this

video: 

and it has sole separation too, what the best adhesive i can use? thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey how do I fix a bad repaint job on the midsole by the previous owner? It's on black cement 3s and there's paint on the outside and even a little on the leather. Will it come off if I just scrape it?

Hey how do I fix a bad repaint job on the midsole by the previous owner? It's on black cement 3s and there's paint on the outside and even a little on the leather. Will it come off if I just scrape it?
Be careful with that my dude. I had the exact same situation and I used some acetone on a q-tip and it fudged the leather up. Looks like I'll have to repaint the leather, luckily it's only a small amount.

I would try and run the paint under some warm water and scratch the paint off with your nail. I have used that method on a midsole before. Let me know if you have any luck.

I've been using 40 Volume Peroxide cream on the pair of Metallic 5's I'm restoring and it works so much better than the Sole Bright **** I bought. It cost me £3.50 ($5) for a 1l. I have got it on the black plastic/rubber of the soles and it hasn't really done much. I wipe the majority away with a tissue usually but in my experience it doesn't do much. I think the traction pods on an XI are a different material than other J's.
yeah i was using the salon 40 on my stealth royal 5s and that's where traction is gone from. i think i wasnt thorough enough in my wipe aways. oh well. i sent them, today coincidentally, with a guy who made his own sauce and promised it would make me a lifetime customer. if it works i'll post it. he's super confident and he's not charging me so lets see how this goes. 

Be careful with that my dude. I had the exact same situation and I used some acetone on a q-tip and it fudged the leather up. Looks like I'll have to repaint the leather, luckily it's only a small amount.

I would try and run the paint under some warm water and scratch the paint off with your nail. I have used that method on a midsole before. Let me know if you have any luck.
So just by scratching it I can remove the paint that was on the leather and rubber part?

I have a little divot/dent in my Jordan 11s after trying to remove an air pocket on the midsole. The hole isn't too deep but I have no clue how I can salvage this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hey bros, so I got my og 11s repainted and its chipping off, I want to know the best way to remove it again so i can repaint it using this

video: 

and it has sole separation too, what the best adhesive i can use? thanks in advance!

bump really need your help guys :D 

Back
Top Bottom