:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by JordanPoe

That suede eraser I bought from Target hella work on my Flip III's...

thats what they are made for
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

my og white red 12's just feel apart on me as i walked.. the bottom part peeled off. i used super glue before but nothing. what should i use now?

Try using shoe goo.
you can buy it at wal mart in the hardware isle.

as for your fogged up emblem

Use a hair dryer (warm+). But the fog will come back in a few weeks.

Originally Posted by CtotheJ78

anyone know how to get the outlined area white again??? if it is possible...

I was wondering the same damn thing. I wanna get the white patent leather part of my white/carolina 11's white again. Is this even possible with whitepatent leather? And does the location of the material make it more difficult? If I can get these fresh again...

Does anyone know how to clean the upper, soft fabric part of the CDP XIIIs? The white is getting dirty.

Originally Posted by Stevie Steelz

Originally Posted by CtotheJ78

anyone know how to get the outlined area white again??? if it is possible...

I was wondering the same damn thing. I wanna get the white patent leather part of my white/carolina 11's white again. Is this even possible with white patent leather? And does the location of the material make it more difficult? If I can get these fresh again...

unfortunately, there is no proven way to whiten yellowed PL.

Originally Posted by DbBallin09

Does anyone know how to clean the upper, soft fabric part of the CDP XIIIs? The white is getting dirty.

PICTURES HELP US HELP YOU

I just got some Jordan XI's and they need some serious cleaning seaglow and something for the mesh. I've read about barkeepers friend and rit but notreally sure which one would be the safer bet. I read something about how to clean with rit, but have no info on what to do with barkeepers friend or what typeto get. I also thought about putting them in the washing machine on gentle cause I think that would clean up the mesh got too but I'm worried about thepatent leather in the washer. I've also read about the mesh turning greenish and stuff like that after using barkeepers friend or rit. These are my grailsand I don't want them to be messed up b4 I even rock them. Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated. Heres pics of them.
1cb3_1.JPG

4ffd_1.JPG

so terrible picture but i need to know how to clean of jean stains from my I's they look worse in person.

vx140p.jpg

Originally Posted by MilXI

I just got some Jordan XI's and they need some serious cleaning seaglow and something for the mesh. I've read about barkeepers friend and rit but not really sure which one would be the safer bet. I read something about how to clean with rit, but have no info on what to do with barkeepers friend or what type to get. I also thought about putting them in the washing machine on gentle cause I think that would clean up the mesh got too but I'm worried about the patent leather in the washer. I've also read about the mesh turning greenish and stuff like that after using barkeepers friend or rit. These are my grails and I don't want them to be messed up b4 I even rock them. Anyone who can help it would be greatly appreciated. Heres pics of them.
1cb3_1.JPG

4ffd_1.JPG

FIRST OF ALL: NEVER PUT SHOES IN THE WASHING MACHINE, it ruins the material, especially your grails...

For your mesh, i hear a lot of complaints that BFKs destroys the mesh's texture and look.So your safest bet would be Rit. I saw some before and afterpictures with people who used it, turned white as hell.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

so terrible picture but i need to know how to clean of jean stains from my I's they look worse in person.

vx140p.jpg

Rubbing alcohol is perfect for jean stains. BE CAREFUL NOT TO RUB THE RUBBING ALCOHOL ON THE SHOE!!! it loses its colour (dry looking, faded) and it takes awaymoisture from the paint.

Any way I can darken the suede back to its original state?

Specifically, on the Black/red XX3.

I got caught in the rain the other day and now they're looking very ashy and dark-greyish.

How can I restore the original black color on the suede?

Originally Posted by Apollo XXXIII

Any way I can darken the suede back to its original state?

Specifically, on the Black/red XX3.

I got caught in the rain the other day and now they're looking very ashy and dark-greyish.

How can I restore the original black color on the suede?
pour a little less than a dime sized baby oil on the spot and just dab it in.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

so do i just dip a qtip in the remover and do it?

yup

I have a dilema here fellas. I've been reading about zip lock bags for a while now, so i went out and bought me a few boxes of the huge ones. I was gettingready to started putting all my J's in the bags, when i read this OLD Legit Check thread about DMP XI's. some cat posts all of his like 8 pairs ofConcords, and they're all ICEY as hell. people were asking how he kept them so icey, he says zip lock bags. then someone says, hey, i heard they make yourshoes crack in those bags, because they get dried out.
Then this guy says, well, i dont zip them.

AYE! Im so confused now. What the hell do i do? they're in my bedroom closet, its cool, its dry. they're all in their original boxes. I wear a lot, butnot all.

I wonder, because i see guys like the one i bought my Grape V's from. they were icey as they were on release day when he sent them to me. his secret? hehad them wrapped in saran wrap all the way up until i got them. so shouldnt a zip lock bag do the trick?

what are your opinions? do you guys use zip locks? zipped?

I was looking to try to make these wearable again, any suggestions? i am trying to repaint the sole of the III's, whats the paint that i use? and for theVI's are they done or can i some fix the suede on them? And for my XI's how do i clean the upper material? I appreciate any help.
a643554ffe710c42d4580e6514a86a679501a8a.jpg

92335b34ff6d0c46d1460b4411f4eed72d27395.jpg

46d155f500de041eef8e3af82152845a730d126.jpg

170806622_o.jpg

what can i use to remove this marker stain? will nail polish remover work or should i go straight to goof off? also is goof off 2 strong enough or should isettle for the original goof off? thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I have a dilema here fellas. I've been reading about zip lock bags for a while now, so i went out and bought me a few boxes of the huge ones. I was getting ready to started putting all my J's in the bags, when i read this OLD Legit Check thread about DMP XI's. some cat posts all of his like 8 pairs of Concords, and they're all ICEY as hell. people were asking how he kept them so icey, he says zip lock bags. then someone says, hey, i heard they make your shoes crack in those bags, because they get dried out.
Then this guy says, well, i dont zip them.

AYE! Im so confused now. What the hell do i do? they're in my bedroom closet, its cool, its dry. they're all in their original boxes. I wear a lot, but not all.

I wonder, because i see guys like the one i bought my Grape V's from. they were icey as they were on release day when he sent them to me. his secret? he had them wrapped in saran wrap all the way up until i got them. so shouldnt a zip lock bag do the trick?

what are your opinions? do you guys use zip locks? zipped?
Yes, if you ziplock your shoes it will crack overtime, BUT that's if you dont give it air and let some moisture on the shoe. If your going toziplock let them shoes breathe air for at least a few hours. But for me, i dont really use ziplock bags and i have some clear sole'd shoes and some IIIs.but they the soles aren't turning yellow or anything and the IIIs aren't crumbling either.

Originally Posted by DaFittedKing

I was looking to try to make these wearable again, any suggestions? i am trying to repaint the sole of the III's, whats the paint that i use? and for the VI's are they done or can i some fix the suede on them? And for my XI's how do i clean the upper material? I appreciate any help.
a643554ffe710c42d4580e6514a86a679501a8a.jpg

92335b34ff6d0c46d1460b4411f4eed72d27395.jpg

46d155f500de041eef8e3af82152845a730d126.jpg
IIIs - Angelus shoe paint.
VIs - You can't fix the scuffed nubuck area because if you were to try and paint or sharpie or whatever it wouldn't look natural with the whole shoebecause your VIs look pretty faded. If you want to fix the faded area, baby oil works great. Just pour a little less than a dime sized oil on the areas and rubit in.
XIs - Nubuck/Suede eraser and brush. Your going to need some elbow grease into those dirty areas. the dirt looks heavy.

Originally Posted by StrongMind3

170806622_o.jpg

what can i use to remove this marker stain? will nail polish remover work or should i go straight to goof off? also is goof off 2 strong enough or should i settle for the original goof off? thanks in advance.
im not really sure about goof off. it may be too strong for the leather. It might may make the look of the leather more duller. I would go fornail polish remover / Rubbing alcohol. it would be the safest way and most effective. that's what i use to remove pant stains, heavy dirt, etc.

Originally Posted by SirCharles

So no zip lock bags?
Should I take out the paper that my jordans come in?
I am confused.
sorry, i meant like if you were going to store them in a ziplock bag and not wear them at all. let them breathe once a week for at least an hour.

NT can I get some help. Similar to DaFittedKing...I have some Cool Grey patent leather XI's...newly acquired. And the upper suede is a lil dirty. What isthe best method/product to use to clean the suede? I saw above a nubuck/suede eraser and brush but where do I find this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sorry if question asked before...didnt feel like reading through the whole post.

Back
Top Bottom