:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by bwc1139

Is there a way to remove the bottom half of a shoe without ruining it. Here is a pic for example. Basically want to remove the sole and midsole and not ruin it, if the upper part was torn up that would be okay. Just wondering if this is possible and if so how would I go about it? Any help thanks.
jordan-fire-red.jpg
you have to experiment. nobody really knows.

Maybe if you put it under the sun, it can possibly melt the glue and you can remove it cautiously. but that's an idea, because i had experience withseaglowing some XIs and i know that the heat from the sun melts the glue under the clear sole causing sole seperation.

if you plan on doing that, let us know how that turns out.

those are not the actual shoes. I just used the pics so you guys could get an idea of what I want to do.

I've heard of that on xi's but didnt know if would be the same with non clear sole. Thought about using a hair dyrer or heat gun but didnt know if thatwould melt the midsole or atleast the paint.

Originally Posted by bwc1139

those are not the actual shoes. I just used the pics so you guys could get an idea of what I want to do.

I've heard of that on xi's but didnt know if would be the same with non clear sole. Thought about using a hair dyrer or heat gun but didnt know if that would melt the midsole or atleast the paint.
yeah. i havent really tried doing that, i've been thinking about that but never got a spare shoe to do that on.

like i said you can experiment.

ok so if i just got a shoe from puerto rico and they cracked the first time i wore them here in illinois is it because of the heat from pr?

I was planning to buy some used concords, but the mesh is yellowed. is bar keeper my only option? if so, where can i get this product.

alright forgive me if this has been posted but i have a pair of burgundy XIII's which are infamous for the burgundy bleeding, any ideas on how to get ridof the staining if possible thanks.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

ok so if i just got a shoe from puerto rico and they cracked the first time i wore them here in illinois is it because of the heat from pr?

well like DunksrNice said, it depends how the person stored them. but a lot factors could have happened to cause your shoes to crack.

Originally Posted by thePHOking

I was planning to buy some used concords, but the mesh is yellowed. is bar keeper my only option? if so, where can i get this product.
There is a product called RIT you also use, you can buy that at Safeway, Raleys, Luckys, Wal-Mart, ETC.

Originally Posted by Rosscoe11

alright forgive me if this has been posted but i have a pair of burgundy XIII's which are infamous for the burgundy bleeding, any ideas on how to get rid of the staining if possible thanks.

PICTURES HELP US HELP YOU

By rosscoe11

sorry these might not be the best quality but yeah thats them, its just a slight bleeding onto the white any suggestions
repaint or rubbing alcohol/Nail Polish remover.

thanks, and do you think i will have to worry about the stain reappearing
no problem, possibly, if it did it once it'll do it again.

do you know what causes it to bleed?

they have been worn twice maybe and i have no idea how the bleeding came about..neither the nail polish or the rubbing alcohol worked but i guess im not evengonna mess with it since its so miniscule you can hardly tell.

(I WILL HAVE PICS UP SOON)
so i have a dilemna with my infrared vi's. i bought them DS and was told they are wearable. i decide to wear them today and i notice some of the paintstarts chipping off as i walk. its not to the pint of disaster, but it scared the crap out of me. is there anything i can do? the soles arent coming off, butthe foam/pain is starting to chip off. what can i do?

Originally Posted by ericescobar

(I WILL HAVE PICS UP SOON)
so i have a dilemna with my infrared vi's. i bought them DS and was told they are wearable. i decide to wear them today and i notice some of the paint starts chipping off as i walk. its not to the pint of disaster, but it scared the crap out of me. is there anything i can do? the soles arent coming off, but the foam/pain is starting to chip off. what can i do?
HOW COULD YOU WEAR DS INFRARED VIs!??!
eek.gif

anyways...
you can repaint them with angelus paint, also i seen somebody spray paint theres with professional paint, but i do not know the outcome of wearing it.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

is there a way to clean the yellowing on the white part?

repaint. do not sandpaper (sandpaper can ruin the texture of the midsole, causing it to crumble)

Originally Posted by ericescobar

here are my infrareds. what should i do
oh wow. those are pretty bad after you UN-DS'd them.

well like i said, repaint is the best solution. after repaint, i suggest you not wear them anymore as they might crack and crumble even more. i already see itcrumbling on the bottom of the midsole.

if your going to repait the "infared" color, your gonna have to buy 2 types of paint and mix them to get that exact color. goodluck.

Hey whats up every one would it be a good idea to put your shoes with icy soles in the space bags to prevent yellowing? The space bags are the ones that youvacuum out the air and since air is what pretty much makes them yellow wouldn't taking out the air keep them crispy?

What up NT,
Lately, I've really been looking into this whole creasing business. I emailed ?chef? about his non-crease tool. Before i go any further, if you have anopinion something like, "creasing happens get over it," then you don't need to comment. Yes, creasing happens, but if there's a cheap, comfyway i can prevent creases or even to get the crease where i want it, then I'm willing to pay. Like i said, shot ?chef? an email about his device. He gaveme the link to his site and i bought a pair. I'll be posting feedback in the next couple weeks with pics showing day to day. If you have any other creasingtricks you'd like to share, I'm all ears.

Originally Posted by CrusaderRB32

What up NT,
Lately, I've really been looking into this whole creasing business. I emailed ?chef? about his non-crease tool. Before i go any further, if you have an opinion something like, "creasing happens get over it," then you don't need to comment. Yes, creasing happens, but if there's a cheap, comfy way i can prevent creases or even to get the crease where i want it, then I'm willing to pay. Like i said, shot ?chef? an email about his device. He gave me the link to his site and i bought a pair. I'll be posting feedback in the next couple weeks with pics showing day to day. If you have any other creasing tricks you'd like to share, I'm all ears.
From what i know and seen, there's no product out there that will PREVENT creasings, but REDUCE creasing overtime with the product being used.I haven't tried Chef's product before, and i dont believe it works THAT good as what the picture shows. if you look at the pictures on the first pageof how the product is inserted and how its formed inside, it only covers the toe box area but not on the side of the toe box when pressure points are (thejoint where your toes bend). So when he shows the pictures with the AFs, the shoes WITH his product has NO creases on the side of the toebox where the pressurepoint is.

I'm not saying his product doesn't work at all, but IMO i think they work just like force field decreasers that reduces the creases overtime. If itwere THAT good of a product, that would be popular as hell, with outcomes JUST like his AFs. 20 days of wear and not a single crease insight? yeah a lot ofshoes on this forum would be VNDS with lots of wear and no creases.
but that's just me.

Originally Posted by robertomolina2013

Hey whats up every one would it be a good idea to put your shoes with icy soles in the space bags to prevent yellowing? The space bags are the ones that you vacuum out the air and since air is what pretty much makes them yellow wouldn't taking out the air keep them crispy?

what shoes are you trying to put in there?

what can i do if the insole in slipping? i ball in the CDP 18's and there is a carbon fibre plate under the insole.. should i just glue it down? what kindof glue? thnks

Back
Top Bottom