:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Im attempting to do midsole swap on my melo 2 since its hard to buy one in Good condition with cheap price. I haven't seen any midsole swap videos or posting on jordan 2s. If its ds why not try do a midsole swap. Cheap donors on ebay for $30-50 .

This is just me but unless they are the originals I would just find another pair of the most recent retro since it might cost u just as much to ship them to the US and pay to fix them. 2s don't have shift resell usually. Just my opinion

Yeah. 2's aren't that downside to buy. But then if I buy another pair, I'm just afraid the same thing will happen again.

Wow sorry didn't see the crack. Like the post above might be cheaper to just pick up a new pair

I'll see if I run into another pair at a good price.

Im attempting to do midsole swap on my melo 2 since its hard to buy one in Good condition with cheap price. I haven't seen any midsole swap videos or posting on jordan 2s. If its ds why not try do a midsole swap. Cheap donors on ebay for $30-50 .

What do you mean by cheap donors? Used 2's on eBay?

Someone suggested to me to clean scuffs with the Mr Clean eraser... I scrubbed a bit too hard so i scraped up some paint. Angelus paint is not readily available in my area. Any suggestions on how else I can have this fixed?

Smh
Midsole feels soft yet still firm
Think I'm just gonna glue it with some barge and ride til the wheels fall off

Last edited:

Smh
Midsole feels soft yet still firm
Think I'm just gonna glue it with some barge and ride til the wheels fall off

This brings up a question...

Has anyone ever midsole swapped AM97/98/AMdels?

I've got some dusted OG Broncos 98s and AMdels that are showing signs of crumbling. I'd love to do a midsole swap if possible, but i'm concerned about damaging them and only want to swap the midsole so I can keep the transparent outsold on the AMdels.

Any tips from people who have tried this successfully or unsuccessfully?

I know this question had been asked before but can someone tell me that angelus paint mix is needed to get cool grey for the midsole of the cool grey 3s. thank you in advance 

Try the baby powder under the insole. If that doesnt work I put super glue under the insole and that always stops the squeaking for me
That's interesting. I've never heard of that. Do you put superglue just on the part that squeaks or throughout the whole general area?

That insole is a little hard to take out. I was worried about screwing up the shoe
I just use a butter knife to get it out.

Worst case scenario is when the insole is so stuck to the shoe, that some of it's bottom rips away. I have quite a bit of shoes with this issue but I don't feel it at all when I'm using another insole or even when I'm putting the OG insole back in.

Hey y'all!! I've some serious probz here. I'd like to swap my AJ4 Tour Yellow's midsoles, and I'm planning to buy and use a pair of AJ Dub Zero for that. However, my problem is that the 4s' size is 10 while the DZs' is 10.5. I don't know whether it could work or not. The Tour Yellows are still wearable but I'm afraid it won't be the case in few months (foggy air bubble units, a bit "mushy" midsoles, to such extent that you have the impress that your finger will pierce through when you press on them...). So, I'd like to know if it's a good to swap the midsoles with those of the DZ's pair I mentioned above. Also, is the process accessible to rookies like me, or is it risky?

Any help will be highly appreciated! :smile: Thanks in advance

Pics of the pairs:

i think the tour yellow midsoles should be fine, seems like theyve been worn so i wouldnt worry about them crumbling while wearing them

you should be good.

a fogged air bubble doesnt necessarily mean theyre non-wearable

i think the tour yellow midsoles should be fine, seems like theyve been worn so i wouldnt worry about them crumbling while wearing them

you should be good.

a fogged air bubble doesnt necessarily mean theyre non-wearable
Thanks for your reply. Yes, they've been super-worn (and painfully repainted) - which contributes to extending midsoles lifespan, right?

But I just wanted to stay on the safe they are 10 years old now; I assumed they can "die" at any moment.

Thinking about removing the swoosh on my mo wax blazer with seam ripper. Do you guys think it will look terrible? If I don't' like it can I resew the swoosh back on?

Thinking about removing the swoosh on my mo wax blazer with seam ripper. Do you guys think it will look terrible? If I don't' like it can I resew the swoosh back on?
Why would you do that? IMHO, instead of looking TERRIBLE, I think it will be look TERRIBLY HORRIBLE. Just my opinion tho. Please don't ruin such a clean shoe

Why would you do that? IMHO, instead of looking TERRIBLE, I think it will be look TERRIBLY HORRIBLE. Just my opinion tho. Please don't ruin such a clean shoe

Respect your opinion. Just thought it may be a more subtle shoe without the fat swoosh. Here is my amatueur PS. The swoosh outline would be fainter than the photo tho so please imagine it much more subtle.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Yes, they've been super-worn (and painfully repainted) - which contributes to extending midsoles lifespan, right?

But I just wanted to stay on the safe they are 10 years old now; I assumed they can "die" at any moment.
like i say about anything that can break or die, dont ever fix anything that is not broken. Wear them until they die and then fix them

Back
Top Bottom